Escape to Paradise: OYO Posada San Vicente, Huatulco's Hidden Gem!
Escape to Paradise: OYO Posada San Vicente – Huatulco's Best-Kept Secret (Maybe!)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from OYO Posada San Vicente in Huatulco, and my brain is still swimming in a sea of turquoise water, spicy margaritas, and… well, let’s just say a few unexpected experiences. This isn't going to be your standard, cookie-cutter hotel review. This is the real deal, warts and all. Think of it as a travel diary exploded on your screen.
First things first, the basics. The stuff you need to know to decide if this gem is for you:
Accessibility: Alright, this is where it gets a little messy. While the hotel lists "Facilities for disabled guests," I didn't personally scope things out with a wheelchair. Everything seemed pretty easy to get around in the main areas, like the pool and restaurant. However, verify directly with the hotel about specifics for rooms and any potential ramps or elevators. Honestly, for a true accessibility breakdown, I can't provide. Double-check before you go.
Internet - Because We All Need to Post That Insta Pic:
- Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! YES! This is a win. And it actually worked. (Thank you, sweet internet gods.)
- Internet Access – LAN: (Like, wired internet) - haven't seen that in a while ha!
- Wi-Fi in public areas: Yup. Poolside selfie opportunities are plentiful.
Cleanliness and Safety: Did I Survive? (Spoiler: Mostly)
- Anti-viral cleaning products: Good to know. Made me feel less paranoid…slightly.
- Daily disinfection in common areas: Check.
- Hand sanitizer: Everywhere. I felt like I was in a hospital, but hey, better safe than sorry. (And, honestly, I'm a little bit of a germaphobe, so…winning!)
- Rooms sanitized between stays: I’m assuming. I never actually saw the cleaning service, but the room seemed to be cleaned (more on that later).
- Staff trained in safety protocol: They seemed very serious about it. Face masks were ubiquitous.
- Cashless payment service: You betcha. Which is nice.
Rooms – My Sanctuary (Mostly):
Okay, so I stayed in a room. It had…
- Air conditioning: Thank GOODNESS. Huatulco is HOT.
- Air conditioning in public area: Yes! You didn't need to sweat while waiting.
- Alarm clock: Still relevant, apparently.
- Bathrobes: Nope.
- Bathroom phone: Seriously? Who even…
- Bathtub: Nope, just a shower.
- Blackout curtains: Essential for sleeping in, which I did a LOT of.
- Closet: Yes, a closet. And it was a good one!
- Coffee/tea maker: Unfortunately no..
- Complimentary tea: Nope.
- Daily housekeeping: Indeed! They cleaned daily. But the "cleaning" was done…a certain way, I'll get to that.
- Desk: Yep, a desk if I felt like actually working.
- Extra long bed: More than enough space to starfish!
- Free bottled water: Bless.
- Hair dryer: Essential.
- High floor: I was on the second floor.
- Mirror: Definitely a mirror.
- Non-smoking: Thank god. Smelly rooms are the worst.
- On-demand movies: Nope. Thank you, Netflix!
- Private bathroom: Yes. Always a plus.
- Refrigerator: Yes! Crucial for keeping those beers cold.
- Satellite/cable channels: Yep. Plenty of channels to zone out to, perfect for a lazy day.
- Seating area: Yes. Perfect to relax and read a book (or doze, which, let's be honest, I did more of).
- Separate shower/bathtub: Nope.
- Slippers: Nope.
- Smoke detector: Yes!
- Socket near the bed: A must!
- Wi-Fi [free]: Free Wi-Fi!
- Window that opens: Yes. Although I didn't really open it because of the AC.
The Ups and Downs: The Real Deal Dining, Drinking, and… Spa?
This is that messy part. The part I love. The part that makes me question my life choices (just kidding… mostly).
Restaurants: Okay, so here’s the thing. The hotel has a restaurant. It's not a Michelin-star experience, but it's there. And honestly, for the price, it's surprisingly decent.
Asian breakfast/cuisine: I'm not sure I had Asian cuisine. But I did have a good breakfast burrito. So there's that.
Bar: Yes, there's a bar! The poolside bar is a HUGE win.
Poolside bar: Absolutely! The staff were actually really nice.
Breakfast [buffet]: It was pretty basic, but sufficient.
Coffee/tea in restaurant: Yes.
Desserts in restaurant: A few. I recommend the churros. Get. The. Churros.
Happy hour: Yep! Margaritas were on point.
Western breakfast/cuisine: A good solid choice of breakfast options
A la carte in restaurant: Yes!
Spa (and Sauna?): This is where things get a little… interesting. I’m a sucker for a good spa, so I booked a massage. The "spa" is a small, serene space. And the massage itself? Actually really good! (I'm talking a deep tissue massage to work out all the travel kinks.) I was relaxed after. The sauna? I’m not 100% sure if there actually is a sauna. I don’t recall seeing one.
Things to Do (More or Less What I Actually Did):
- Swimming Pool: The pool looked amazing! I couldn't get enough of it..
- Pool with view: The pool has a view of the ocean.
- Fitness center/Gym: Yes, they have a gym. I did not go to the gym. So I can't tell you more.
Services and Conveniences – Because Life Shouldn't Be Hard:
- Concierge: Helpful for booking excursions and tours.
- Dry cleaning, Laundry service, Ironing service: Yes.
- Car park [free of charge]: Nice, totally free!
- Room service [24-hour]: Excellent.
- Daily housekeeping: Again, the cleaning could be a little more thorough (hello, dust bunnies!).
- Luggage storage: Checked luggage for a late flight.
- Doctor/nurse on call: Thank goodness.
For the Kids and Others:
- Babysitting service: They do offer it.
- Family/child friendly: Yes.
- Pets allowed unavailable
The Good, The Bad, and the Slightly… Dusty:
So, to sum it up:
The Good:
- The pool! The pool is AMAZING. Seriously.
- The location. Close to everything, but still feels private and tucked away.
- The staff. Most were friendly and helpful.
- The overall value. You get a lot for the price.
The (Minor) Bad:
- The housekeeping could be more consistent with details.
- Again, the spa. They need to put something in the spa to be more relaxing and enticing.
- While the staff were great, some days they were a little overwhelmed.
The Verdict?
Escape to Paradise: OYO Posada San Vicente is a hidden gem in Huatulco. Is it perfect? No. But is it worth it? Absolutely. It has charm, character, and all the essentials you need for a relaxing vacation. And with the right expectations, you will enjoy yourself thoroughly.
Here's my personal take: Book it! It's a great value, and if you're looking for a chill, low-key getaway, you can't go wrong.
Escape to Paradise: Adria Apartments & Resort, Slovenia
Alright, buckle up, buttercups! You're about to embark on a whirlwind, maybe-slightly-unhinged, and definitely opinionated tour of the OYO Hotel Posada San Vicente in Huatulco, Mexico. This isn't your perfectly-polished travel brochure. This is the real deal, folks. Prepare yourselves for some glorious mess, some questionable life choices (on my part, naturally), and a whole lotta tequila-fueled reflection. Let's GO!
Day 1: Arrival & the Agony of Delayed Gratification
1:00 PM - Arrival at Huatulco International Airport (HUX). Woof. After a flight from… well, let’s just say it involved way too many layovers, I finally made it! Baggage claim. Ugh, the luggage carousel. I swear, it's a conspiracy. Slowest. Thing. Ever. Seriously, is there a club for luggage carousel watchers? I'd join.
1:45 PM - Taxi to OYO Hotel Posada San Vicente: Alright, finally! The air is thick with humidity and the promise of something… well, something. The taxi driver, a chatty fella named Ricardo, told me about the zocalo (town square), the best fish tacos in the universe (his words, not mine… yet!), and the potential for "serious relaxation" in Huatulco. He's got me hooked.
2:30 PM - Check-in at OYO: Ah, the hotel. Posada San Vicente. It's… cute. Let's be real. It’s not the Ritz. The lobby is simple, a bit dated, but clean. The front desk guy, bless his heart, looked supremely bored. I swear he’s seen a thousand tourists, each one expecting a miracle. Check-in was… fine. No immediate catastrophes. That's a win in my book after a travel day!
2:45 PM - Room Reconnaissance: Okay, the room! First impressions: It's… functional. And it's hot. The AC is sputtering, but I'm hoping it’ll eventually kick in. I immediately check the bed, of course. Must. Check. Bed. Quality. It's… adequate. Sigh. I need a nap, or maybe just a cold shower. The balcony looks onto… something. Details to follow.
3:00 PM - Attempted Nap & the Battle with the AC: I’m dying for a nap. Seriously. Like, close-to-death weary. But the AC is not cooperating. It's on, it’s blowing… warm air. The heat's a cruel joke. I swear, if I find a lizard in here, I'm blaming the AC. And the humidity. And the fact that I forgot to pack deodorant. This is going swimmingly.
4:00 PM - Conquering the Balcony: Finally, the AC is kind of working, finally. The balcony! YES!! The view? Well, it looks onto an alleyway. An alleyway… with a bunch of colorful laundry hanging. Okay, not the postcard view I’d imagined. There’s an old lady watching me. Is she judging my travel attire? Probably. Honestly, I don't blame her. After a long flight, I'm a mess. I'm going to embrace the chaos. I'll start with a beer.
4:30 PM - The Beer and the Reflection: Successfully procured a cerveza from a tiny shop down the street. Sitting on this iffy balcony, observing the laundry… and feeling… something. The jet lag is messing with my emotions. Honestly, I’m a bit overwhelmed. But… the air smells amazing. The beer is cold. This is Mexico. This is supposed to be an adventure. I'm going to be okay. Maybe great.
6:00 PM - Zocalo Exploration: Time to brave the Zocalo! Ricardo, the taxi driver, promised magic. I'm armed with my phone, my general sense of adventure, and a healthy dose of skepticism. I hope it's worth the walk, because my legs are still recovering from the flight…
6:30 PM - Zocalo Awesomeness! (And a Minor Panic Attack): Okay, maybe Ricardo wasn't lying! The Zocalo is buzzing! Music, laughter, the smell of cooking… and a cacophony of noise that initially almost sent me running back to the hotel. But after a deep breath and a margareta, I relaxed instantly. There's a vibrant energy here. Kids playing games. Couples holding hands. Street vendors hawking… everything. I bought a questionable but brightly colored trinket from a lady who gave me the eye, mostly because I didn't understand a word she said. Perfectly satisfied with my purchase, now I am.
8:00 PM - Fish Tacos, Ricardo's Reputation (and a near-miss), Okay, the fish tacos. He was absolutely right. These are legendary. The best. God I could eat a thousand. Seriously, if you’re ever in Huatulco, find the little taco stand on the corner. You won’t regret it. I tried to go back for seconds, but I almost got run over by a scooter. Lesson learned: Look both ways AND above you, because scooters are everywhere.
9:00 PM - Back to the OYO: A Mixture of Bliss and Brain-Melt: Back at the Posada. The AC is still going. I'm exhausted but happy. I think I'm starting to fall in love with this place (or maybe it’s just the tequila). The noise from the street is loud, but somehow soothing. I've decided it reminds me of life: loud, messy, and completely unpredictable. I kind of like it. I'm going to order a room service, and pray for the best.
Day 2: Beach Day Blues (and a Silver Lining)
7:00 AM - The Rooster's Wake-Up Call (and the Unholy Truth About the Mattress): The rooster. He’s a morning person. A very morning person. He started his screaming at 6 AM. Okay, the bed is hard. I mean, really hard. It's probably good for my back, but I don't care.
8:00 AM - Breakfast at the Hotel: Okay, the complimentary breakfast. It's included. That’s good. It’s… basic. Like, really basic. I hope it's at least somewhat clean. Bread. Something that looks like scrambled eggs. Coffee that could strip paint. But at least it's coffee.
9:00 AM - Beach Bound: San Agustinillo (or Bust): I'm determined to find a beach. And, I've heard, San Agustinillo is the place to be. My Spanish is terrible, so wish me luck. I'm trying my best at the taxi driver's negotiating game. He is laughing at every word I am saying. Fine. It's going to be a journey.
10:00 AM - Beach Bliss (and the Sunburn's Embrace): San Agustinillo. Finally! Paradise (minus the rooster). The water is clear. The sand is soft. I actually wept for a moment. Because I am now sunburned. And I think I bought a fake handbag from a vendor. But I'm happy. At least until the sunburn kicks in. I swam, read, and let the waves wash away my worries. It's…perfect.
12:00 PM - Lunch Disaster (and Recovery): I was having a moment, and then. the food. The restaurant. The one with the "fresh grilled fish tacos." The tacos were fine. The "guacamole" was green sludge. And the service? Let's just say I think I lost a year of my life waiting for the bill. I feel defeated. But I got myself a cold cerveza and calmed down. After all, it is a beach. After I had time to recover, I watched the waves roll in. It's all good.
1:00 PM - Beachside Snoozes (and the Awfulness of Sand): Got to love the sand. Sand everywhere. In my hair (it's actually kind of cute). In my swimsuit. Everywhere. Despite everything, I feel like getting a nap in beach. So that's what I'll do.
3:00 PM - Return to the Hotel: Sand, Sunburn, and the Agony of a Bad Shower: The taxi ride back was long and bumpy. My sunburn is officially angry. The shower at the OYO… well, the water pressure could be better. The hot water is like liquid sunshine. This is torture.
**4:00 PM - Attempted Nap

Escape to Paradise: OYO Posada San Vicente, Huatulco - The *Real* Deal (Maybe?) FAQ!
Okay, so what *is* OYO Posada San Vicente actually like? Is it really a "hidden gem"? Should I even bother?
Alright, listen up. Forget those pristine Instagram feeds. This place… well, it's got *character*. "Hidden gem" is a stretch, maybe "slightly-less-obvious-than-the-mega-resorts" gem is more accurate. Imagine your abuela's house in Huatulco, if your abuela was also running a charming, slightly haphazard hotel. And that, friends, is San Vicente in a nutshell. Expect quirks. Embrace the imperfections. And if you're after perfectly manicured lawns, go elsewhere. If you crave authenticity? Keep reading… and maybe pack some patience.
The reviews say it's "rustic." Is that code for "falling apart"? I'm picturing a leaky roof…
Rustic? YES. Falling apart? Potentially. Look, I stayed there during a torrential downpour. Let's just say the rain found its way… *inside*. Not a major flood situation, thankfully. More like a "drip, drip, drip" symphony. The staff, bless their hearts, were on it with buckets and towels. They are working on it, you know? But it added to the experience, honestly! And I mean, you’re staying in Mexico, people! Stuff happens. Bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper, just in case the dripping becomes an orchestra. But the charm of it, the way the water pooled on the terracotta? It was strangely… peaceful.
What about the rooms? Are they… clean? And do they have air conditioning??
Okay, let's talk cleanliness. It's not the Four Seasons, okay? But it's definitely *clean enough*. Look, I'm a bit of a germaphobe myself (shhh, don't tell anyone!). The rooms were tidy, the bedding was fresh. The cleaning staff seemed to take great care of them. And YES! Most rooms have AC. Thank the sweet baby cheeses! Huatulco heat is no joke. They have ceiling fans, but trust me, you *need* that AC. The only hitch… sometimes it goes out. Because, you know, Mexico. But the staff is on it, and it usually comes back quickly. Bring a book and relax into the moment.
How's the location? Is it near the beach? And how easy is it to get around?
Location is pretty good! It’s not *right on* the beach, but it's a quick cab ride/walk to different beaches. I'm pretty sure I could walk it. Okay, *I* walked it. It wasn't a pleasant experience, It was like, walking a distance over the hot pavement under the Huatulco sun. So take a taxi. Or the collectivo (it's the local bus, and an experience in itself!). The beaches are amazing. Just… wow. And downtown La Crucecita is also easily accessible. You can walk there. It is a little out of the way if you are not into walking. Taxis are cheap and plentiful, or the collectivos. I took it once. It was like taking the Greyhound – but in Mexico. I think everyone on board was related. I got a little side-eyed when I tried to pay with a big bill. But It was cheap! It was a real experience!
Okay, food. Is there a restaurant? What's the breakfast situation? I need coffee!
Yes, there's a restaurant! A small one. But the breakfast is surprisingly good. They serve a typical Mexican breakfast. The tacos are amazing. The coffee? Strong. You'll get your caffeine fix. I think I had about ten cups that morning. The breakfast burritos are huge. I could barely finish them! They offer fresh fruits, and freshly-squeezed orange juice. And the people are so friendly! Even if I got a little confused with what the waiter was saying, they are always smiling. But I'm not going to lie; one day, I waited like, *forever* for my breakfast. The kitchen was a little slow. But hey, I was on vacation! I just went and sat by the pool and drank more coffee. And it was perfect.
The pool… tell me about the pool. Is it swimmable? Clean? Do they have pool towels?
The pool is… well, the pool is a highlight. It's not Olympic-sized, don't get any ideas. But it's clean (generally), and it's perfectly refreshing. And it's the perfect spot to relax. They have pool towels, thank goodness! Just ask at the front desk. I spent a solid afternoon there, just bobbing around, reading my book, and trying to perfect my Spanish. (Spoiler alert: it didn't go well.) The water was the perfect temperature. The sun was shining. Life was good. And it helped drown out any thoughts of the leaky roof. I really love the pool, I wish I could take it with me.
What's the vibe like? Is it a party hotel? Or peaceful? I’m looking to relax.
Peaceful. Mostly. It’s definitely not a party place. You'll find more families and couples seeking a chill getaway. I liked that. I like the quiet. It’s the perfect place to disconnect. Occasionally, a mariachi band might wander through, but it’s usually pretty mellow. I mean, if you *want* to party, go find a beach club. But San Vicente is all about relaxing, soaking up the sun, and enjoying the slower pace of life. Just be prepared for the occasional rooster… he has a lot to say! He can get a bit loud in the morning. But hey, at least you know you’re in Mexico, right?
Are there any hidden costs or scams I should be aware of?
Look, this isn't a high-pressure resort. The atmosphere is pretty genuine. However, always be aware that you are in a foreign country to always pay attention! Ask for the total price upfront before you agree to anything. Some minor things, like bottled water prices in the minibar (if they have one), might be a little inflated, but nothing major. Just keep an eye on your bill and double-check it, *just in case*. It is a small place. The staff is helpful. They want you to have a good time. But beMy Hotel Reviewst

