Aabiya Lodge: Your Zambian Paradise Awaits (Ndola's Hidden Gem!)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into Aabiya Lodge, Ndola's supposed "Hidden Gem!" and let's just say, I've got opinions. This isn't just a hotel review; it's a journey. A slightly chaotic, probably rambling, and definitely honest journey. Think of me as your bleary-eyed, slightly manic, and caffeine-fueled tour guide.
The Big Picture: Your Zambian Paradise (Aabiya Lodge) - Is It Really?
Right, so they call it "Paradise." Bold claim, considering I'm pretty sure my goldfish has seen more of paradise than I have lately. But hey, Ndola, Zambia, a place I’m suddenly very familiar with. And Aabiya Lodge… well, let's just say it's an experience. It's not perfect, but it has potential. Big, sprawling, a little bit dusty potential.
SEO, SEO, SEO! (Because They Told Me To)
Okay, okay, here's the obligatory laundry list of keywords because, apparently, Google runs the world: Aabiya Lodge Review, Ndola Hotels, Zambia Hotels, Accessible Hotels Zambia, Spa Ndola, Fitness Center Ndola, Restaurant Ndola, WiFi Ndola, Wheelchair Accessible Hotel Ndola, Family-Friendly Hotels Zambia, Business Hotels Ndola, Best Hotels Ndola. Did I get them all? Probably not. I'm still trying to figure out how to make a decent cup of coffee, let alone master the art of search engine optimization.
Accessibility: Navigating with (Limited) Ease
Alright, let's get serious for a beat. Accessibility is a BIG deal, and frankly, it's a mixed bag at Aabiya. While it claims to be, the actual execution needs a bit more…oomph.
- Wheelchair accessible? Yes, technically. There's an elevator, which is crucial. Some rooms are also specifically designed for facilities for disabled guests. BUT, and this is a big BUT, the pathways outside can be a little… uneven. Think cobblestones, or areas that are better suited for intrepid explorers than those with mobility issues. Things to remember: Check specifically before you book on details for exact dimensions if you need more specific information.
- Elevator: Yes.
- Accessible restaurants/lounges: Mostly. The main restaurant seems okay, but it’s worth checking specific tables/seating arrangements.
The "Relaxation" Zone (AKA The Spa, Pool & Fitness Frenzy)
Okay, time to de-stress (or at least try). This, my friends, is where Aabiya Lodge has some serious swagger.
- Spa/Sauna/Steamroom: Yes, ALL THREE. And yes, I indulged. The sauna was glorious, a sweaty, cedar-scented escape from the (admittedly pleasant) Zambian heat. The steamroom… well, let’s just say I emerged looking like a slightly less shiny, but definitely more relaxed, prune.
- Massage: Absolutely. I had a deep tissue massage. My knots? Annihilated. My worries? Briefly suppressed. Seriously, the massage therapists here are magic.
- Pool with a View: YES! The swimming pool is gorgeous. It curves around the main building and is a real treat.
- Fitness Center/Gym: I peeked in. Looked functional. Maybe a little dated, but definitely better than another day of sitting on my butt.
Cleanliness and Safety: Can We Breathe Easy?
This is a big one, especially in this day and age. And frankly, Aabiya Lodge nails this.
- Anti-viral cleaning products: Check.
- Rooms sanitized between stays: Check.
- Daily disinfection in common areas: Check.
- Hand sanitizer everywhere, and I mean EVERYWHERE.
- Staff trained in safety protocol: Seemed to be the case. Everyone was masked up. A big plus.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fueling the Adventure (or at Least, Surviving It)
Food! Important stuff.
- Restaurants: Multiple. Restaurants are there, with Asian cuisine in Restaurant. A Vegetarian restaurant, yay! And a Coffee shop.
- Bar: Absolutely, with a Poolside bar. Happy hour? You bet your bottom dollar.
- Breakfast [buffet]: It was a buffet, and a pretty decent one. Okay, I'm not going to lie, I may have hovered around the pastries for a little too long. Breakfast in room is also on offer.
- Room service [24-hour]: Blessedly, yes.
Services and Conventions: The Nitty-Gritty (and the Nice-to-Haves)
This is where Aabiya Lodge shows its true colors.
- Wi-Fi in all rooms! Hallelujah! Free, fast (mostly) internet = happy me.
- Air conditioning in public area: essential.
- Business facilities: A Business Center with Xerox/fax in business center.
- Concierge: Helpful, friendly people.
- Meeting/banquet facilities: Yes. Perfect for…well, I'm not sure what, but they're there.
- Laundry service: Thank heavens.
For the Kids: Not My Expertise, But It's There
- Babysitting service: Yup.
- Family/child friendly: Looks the part.
In-Room Goodies: The Nitty-Gritty
The rooms are…comfortable. Not luxurious, but functional.
- Free Wi-Fi: Boom!
- Air conditioning: Essential.
- Coffee/tea maker: Another lifesaver.
- Blackout curtains: Sleep is precious.
- Bathtub & Shower: Nice, clean, but a little dated, and the water pressure can be erratic.
- Alarm clock: Necessary evil.
- In-room safe box: Peace of mind is priceless.
- In-room safe box: Peace of mind is priceless.
- Mini bar: Yep.
- Bathrobes: A nice bonus.
Quirky Observations & Anecdotes (Because, You Know, Me)
Okay, picture this: I'm in the Sauna, sweating my brains out, and suddenly the door swings open. A smiling staff member pops in with a plate of fresh fruit. Seriously. Talk about service. I mean, it’s those little touches that made Aabiya Lodge just…memorable.
And about the breakfast, I think I might have eaten an entire plate of the pastries, then another and another. Ok, ok, let's just say, I am a fan of those.
Okay, and I had one VERY memorable experience. I was working on the laptop in my room. I sat in my chair and heard a thump. I looked down. The chair had broken. I called the front desk. Within 5 minutes, a repair crew appeared with a new chair and apologized profusely. It's the response that made the difference, and it shows they care.
Getting Around: The Logistics
- Airport transfer: Yup. Book it. Seriously.
- Car park [free of charge]: Good to know.
- Taxi service: Available, but arrange beforehand.
Potential Bumps in the Road (Because Nothing is Perfect)
- The "Hidden Gem" label: Might be a slight exaggeration. It's not quite a hidden treasure, but definitely a decent find.
- Internet glitches. It works, but sometimes it's a little…slow.
- Some areas a little dusty: Clean, yes. But some areas of the grounds could use a little extra TLC.
The Verdict: Should You Book?
Absolutely. But with a few caveats.
Aabiya Lodge is a solid, dependable choice. It's clean, comfortable, and has some seriously impressive amenities (the spa, people, THE SPA). It's not perfect, but it's got a lot of heart and a dedicated staff.
The Offer: My Special Aabiya Lodge Deal! (For You, My Beloved Reader)
Okay, here's the deal:
- Book now through my (non-existent) travel agency and get a FREE extra deep tissue massage! (Okay, not actually free, but let's pretend).
- Mention the code "RANDOMREVIEW" to get a complimentary upgrade to a room with a pool view (subject to availability).
- And, for the first 20 people who book, I'll throw in a bottle of wine and a plate of those incredible pastries! (Again, this is all theoretical, but hey, a girl can dream, right?)
In conclusion: Aabiya Lodge is worth it. It's a good, solid option in Ndola, and it's got character. It's not perfect, but it's got heart. And hey, if you see me there, buy me a drink. I might just
Escape to Taipei: Unwind at Great Roots Forestry Spa Resort
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your typical "perfectly curated" travel itinerary. This is… well, this is my attempt at surviving a few days at Aabiya Lodge in Ndola, Zambia. Consider this less a guide, and more a slightly deranged dispatch from the front lines of holidaying.
Aabiya Lodge: The Ndola Rumble (Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Mosquitoes)
Day 1: Arrival & Initial Panic – Because, Let's Be Honest, That's How it Always Starts.
- Morning (7:00 AM - The Unholy Hour): Flights. Bleak. Cries of babies…the distant whine of the engines trying to take off, which is a little annoying. Arrive at Ndola Airport. The air hits you, thick and warm. I swear, it’s like someone’s draped a wet, warm towel over your face. Immigration…well, it's immigration. You know the drill. Scowling faces, rubber stamps, more scowling. Success! I got through. My luggage? Miraculously, also present. This is, without a doubt, a good omen.
- Mid-Morning (9:00 AM): Taxi ride to Aabiya. Okay, so "taxi" is a generous term. More like a slightly battered, but undeniably characterful, Toyota Corolla. The driver, Benson, tells me about how to find delicious food. He's chatty, bless him, and pointed out roadside markets bustling with life. I swear, one of the chickens we passed looked at me with judgment.
- Late-Morning (10:00 AM): Check-in. Aabiya Lodge… it’s… charmingly rustic. Let’s go with that. The staff are lovely – genuinely, incredibly lovely. And thankfully, the internet almost works. Almost. My room? Clean enough, I suppose. But the air conditioning? Let's just say it's putting in a valiant effort against the Zambian heat, which is like a heat wave.
- Lunch (12:30 PM): Ordered a nshima and chicken stew from hotel and I’m gonna say that was the best meal I have in a long time. This is a classic Zambian food I got to taste. It's heavy, it's filling, and it’s delicious. I have not seen such a quantity of Chicken in one plate before.
- Afternoon (2:00 PM): Poolside. Attempt to relax. Fail. There's a persistent buzzing. Mosquitoes. They are relentless. I’ve already used half a can of insect repellent, and I’m starting to think they’re immune. I am also being judged by a large, very still, lizard. We're in a silent standoff, and I'm losing. Also, the sun is brutal.
- Evening (6:00 PM): Dinner. More chicken. I think I'll be dreaming about chicken tonight. The local beer, Mosi, is excellent.
- Night (9:00 PM): Attempt sleep while swatting mosquitoes. Hear a cacophony of unseen insects. Vow to buy a mosquito net.
Day 2: Delving Deeper (And Possibly, into the Deepest Thicket of Mosquitoes)
- Morning (7:00 AM): Wake up to the sound of…well, everything. Roosters, dogs, the faint strains of someone singing in the distance. Coffee, blessedly, is strong.
- Morning (8:00 AM): Explore the Lodge grounds. The gardens are beautiful, really. Lush and green. And teeming with… yes, you guessed it… more mosquitoes. I'm convinced they communicate, plotting against me. Also, the little flowers are beautiful.
- Mid-Morning (10:00 AM): Decide to venture out. I hire a local guide. It's a wise idea, considering my sense of direction is appalling, and my Swahili is non-existent. I'm not just going to wander into the bush, am I?
- Lunch (12:30 PM): Lunch in the lodge restaurant. I decide to try a different dish. The Kapenta here at Aabiya Lodge is excellent. I was told you have to try this. it's delicious little fish.
- Afternoon (2:00 PM - 6:00 PM): THE LOCAL TOUR! My guide, a man named Chanda, leads me on a walking tour that I am really happy with. He knows so much about the local culture and history and all of it is really interesting. We visited the Copperbelt Museum in Ndola, which gave me more in-depth information about the mining history. I enjoyed the tour of the museum including the many artefacts and the history. I feel like the museum is great for any tourist. Later, we went to the market and it was such a whirlwind. The colours, the smells, the sheer energy of the place! I had to try a handful of peanuts roasted on the side of the road. Chanda also taught me some basic phrases in Bemba, one of the local languages. I somehow managed to say "How are you?" with some level of accuracy, which earned me a smile. It was all brilliant.
- Evening (6:00 PM): Dinner. I had the grilled fish. It was so good, I could eat it every day!
- Night (9:00 PM): More mosquito combat. Contemplate building a fortress out of mosquito nets. It's a serious possibility.
Day 3: The Ndola Experiment – Losing to the Nature.
- Morning (7:00 AM): Another morning. Another breakfast. This time with a view. I see the garden.
- Morning (9:00 AM): I try to work out, but the sun is so hot. I decided to rest. I am going to rest.
- Mid-Morning (10:00 AM): The worst thing. I was itching. I was itching everywhere. I had a huge mosquito bite. Oh my god, it was huge. I was furious, I spent the whole day just trying to get better from it. It was terrible. I was not up to anything, just resting.
- Lunch (12:30 PM): Ordered food to my room. I eat and watched TV.
- Afternoon (2:00 PM - 6:00 PM): Rest in my room. I want to sleep. I was very mad.
- Evening (6:00 PM): The hotel provides live music tonight, so after having my dinner and with nothing to do. I went to see it. The band was energetic and the whole hotel gets hyped up by their music.
- Night (9:00 PM): Back to the room. The mosquito. They are winning. I am not.
Day 4: Departure – A Bittersweet Farewell (And a Deep Breath of Relief)
- Morning (7:00 AM): One last breakfast. I savour it. I survived!
- Morning (9:00 AM): Pack. Check out. Say goodbye to the lovely staff. Promise to come back. Lie.
- Late-Morning (10:00 AM): Taxi to the airport. Benson's waiting! He's delighted to see me.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM): Departure. Wave goodbye to Ndola. I swear, I can still feel the sun on my skin, the warmth in the air. And, oh yes… the memory of those mosquitoes.
- Now (5:00 PM): Back home, in my own bed. I am exhausted. I need a good long shower. I also need to invest in some serious mosquito-repelling weaponry. But you know what? I'd do it all again. Next time, however, I'm bringing a hazmat suit and a flamethrower. Just kidding… mostly. Zambia, you were a glorious, messy, and utterly unforgettable adventure. And Aabiya Lodge… well, you definitely gave me a story to tell. A very itchy story.

Aabiya Lodge: Your Zambian Paradise... Kind Of. A Deep Dive (Unfiltered)
Is Aabiya Lodge actually paradise? Because, you know, marketing... it's a beast.
Okay, let's be real. "Paradise" is a BIG word. Did I find myself floating on a cloud, serenaded by angelic choirs whilst sipping ambrosia? No. Did I have some absolutely stunning sunsets, delicious food that sometimes made me close my eyes in pure joy, and a genuine feeling of peace? Absolutely. It's not the polished, Instagram-filtered paradise, but it’s a REAL paradise. Like, the kind where you might find a stray chicken wandering by the pool (true story!), or where the WiFi occasionally decides to take a vacation. It's Zambian paradise, which is a whole DIFFERENT LEVEL of awesome.
How do I even *get* there? Is it a treacherous jungle trek? Because my hiking boots are gathering dust.
Thank GOD, no jungle trek. It's in Ndola, which is a pretty straightforward flight or drive from Lusaka or wherever you’re coming from. The roads… well, they're Zambian roads. Let's just say my rental car developed a newfound appreciation for resilience. Just factor in some extra travel time, especially if you’re driving. And download those offline maps! You'll thank me later. Seriously. My navigation app decided to have a nervous breakdown once, and I was suddenly relying on the kindness of strangers (who, thankfully, were very kind).
Alright, the rooms. Are they comfy? Like, could I Netflix and chill in my PJs kind of comfy?
The rooms are… comfortable. Some have that authentic, slightly "lived-in" charm. Let me put it this way: they're not the Ritz, but hey! They have air conditioning (crucial!), mosquito nets (a must!), and a decent shower. One night, I swear I saw a tiny gecko scouting for my pizza crumbs, which I actually found endearing (after the initial shriek, of course). I'd say, totally pajama-friendly. Just maybe pack some extra bug spray, you know, for the overachievers. Bring your own streaming device if you *absolutely* need your Netflix fix. The wifi is... unpredictable.
Food, glorious food! What's the grub situation like at Aabiya? I need to know if I need to pack emergency snacks (because, let's be honest, I always do).
Okay, food! This is where Aabiya really shines. It's good. Really, really good. They have a restaurant, and the food is AMAZING. Sometimes. Other times… there might be a slight delay. Zambian time, you know? Don't expect everything to be lightning fast. But trust me, the wait is (generally) worth it. The Nsima (a Zambian staple) is delicious, the curries are to die for! And the breakfast? Eggs, toast the full breakfast. Honestly I’m still dreaming about one particular breakfast. It was perfectly cooked eggs, crispy bacon, and fresh fruit with this incredible, I-don't-know-what-it-was, but it was like sunshine in a bowl. I kid you not, I ordered a second bowl and then a third. I almost felt ashamed. Almost. Pack snacks anyway. Just in case. Because, well, snacks are always a good idea.
Is there anything to do besides, you know, existing? Like, activities? I get bored easily.
Yes! Absolutely. Aabiya Lodge has a pool (which is basically essential in the Zambian heat), and they can help you arrange day trips around Ndola, including to Copperbelt Museums, and all the things you can do in Ndola. I was particularly impressed by the friendliness of the staff. They were very helpful in arranging transportation. Sometimes the options are limited, but hey, exploring is half the fun, right? And honestly, just relaxing by the pool with a good book is a perfectly acceptable activity. In fact, I highly recommend it. (And a very cold Mosi beer).
The staff... Are they nice? Because nothing ruins a vacation faster than grumpy service.
Oh, the staff. They're the heart and soul of Aabiya. They're genuinely lovely, super helpful, and always make you feel welcome. They're warm, friendly, and willing to go the extra mile. I had a minor… issue with my Wi-Fi (surprise, surprise!), and the staff was on it immediately, fixing it with smiles and apologies. It’s those little things that make a difference. They’ll remember your name, your coffee order… it's that kind of personal touch that makes Aabiya special. Don't expect instant gratification, but expect genuine effort.
What's the best time of year to visit? I want perfect weather.
Well, "perfect" is subjective, of course. The dry season (May to October) is generally considered the best, with sunny skies and lower humidity. It's the ideal time for safaris and outdoor adventures. However, the rainy season (November to April) has its own charm – lush green landscapes, vibrant birdlife, and occasional thunderstorms that are absolutely spectacular. Be prepared for some rain, but it can also be a magical experience. For me, I would head for the dry season - but really it's up to your personal preference.
Okay, let's talk about the pool. Is it... inviting? Or, you know, questionable?
The pool is a lifesaver. And it's inviting! It's clean, well-maintained, and the perfect temperature to cool off after a day of exploring (or just, you know, existing). There are some lovely chairs for lounging and a bar nearby. I spent a significant amount of time by that pool, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. It's one of those pools that perfectly captures the feel of Aabiya. It isn't the biggest or the fanciest, but it’s a very well used pool, and the perfect place to switch off.
I'm on a budget. Is Aabiya Lodge going to break the bank?
Aabiya is surprisingly affordable. It's not backpacker-cheap, but it definitely offers excellent value for money, especially considering the quality of the food and the overall experience. You get a comfortable room, great food, and a relaxing atmosphere – and it won't completely demolish your travel budget. I thought it was brilliant value.

