Escape to Paradise: Elizabeth Hotel, Athens Awaits!
Escape to Paradise: Elizabeth Hotel, Athens Awaits! – A Review (With a Side of Greek Coffee and Existential Dread)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the (hot, delicious) beans on the Elizabeth Hotel in Athens. Forget those perfectly polished, soulless reviews. This is the REAL DEAL. We’re talking authentic Athenian experiences, from the ooh-la-la moments to the where-did-I-leave-my-passport? ones.
First Impressions (and a Quick Note on Access):
Landing in Athens, you're immediately assaulted by the HEAT and the energy. The Elizabeth Hotel…well, it's a beacon in the chaos. Finding it felt pretty straightforward, which is already a win because, let's face it, navigating Athens can feel like you're playing a real-life escape room. 🕵️♀️
Accessibility: Now, I DIDN'T personally test the entire accessibility situation – I am, thankfully, able-bodied. HOWEVER, I did snoop around (it's my job, don't judge!). The hotel claims to be accessible, and I saw a few things suggesting they take it seriously: elevators (a MUST!), and hopefully appropriately sized bathrooms. But listen, ALWAYS call ahead and confirm if you have specific needs. Don't trust my rambling – verify! (Seriously, especially for wheelchair-accessible rooms.)
The Bedrock of the Stay: CLEANLINESS and SAFETY (and My Germophobic Hang-Ups)
Okay, this is where I got genuinely giddy. Pre-pandemic, I was…let’s call it "highly attuned" to cleanliness. Now, I'm a borderline obsessive germaphobe thanks to…well, you know. The Elizabeth nailed it. They’ve got this whole arsenal aimed at keeping you safe. Anti-viral cleaning products? Check. Daily disinfection in common areas? Double-check. I saw (and smelled!) the professional-grade sanitizing happening constantly. They even offered room sanitization opt-out (which is… well, I didn’t opt out. Nope!) Hand sanitizer stations EVERYWHERE. They’re like little beacons of sanity. I'm talking: they’ve got a Hygiene certification and follow physical distancing regulations. They’re not just paying lip service here; they’re genuinely trying! This is a BIG PLUS for anyone anxious about travel right now.
The Room (My Little Athenian Sanctuary):
Stepping into my room was pure bliss. They’ve got Air conditioning. Thank the Gods! I’m a sweaty person. The Blackout curtains were a lifesaver, crucial for battling jet lag (hello, Wake-up service!). I have to say, though, the In-room safe box felt a little…retro. Like, “Are you sure this thing still works?” But hey, it’s better than nothing. The Free Wi-Fi was a freaking godsend. I was glued to the Wi-Fi ( Wi-Fi [free] ) and the wi-fi was pretty good throughout the hotel. Internet access – wireless and Internet access – LAN kept me connected with the world.
Oh, and the extra long bed? YES. As someone six feet tall, this is a GIFT from the gods. They also had free Free bottled water, a Refrigerator and a Coffee/tea maker That little detail saved my life. The Mini bar had some interesting things going, but the price might give you a heart attack.
The Food – A Culinary Adventure (with Occasional Disasters):
Alright, let’s talk food. The Elizabeth Hotel’s got a lot going on in this department. Breakfast [buffet] was a solid start to the day. Think your classic Western breakfast fare, with a side of Greek yogurt, fresh fruit, pastries – the works. They also offered Asian breakfast which I didn’t explore, but I saw some other people. But I was all in for that Coffee/tea in restaurant.
Dining options got a bit more interesting. They have Restaurants which includes a Vegetarian restaurant, and an International cuisine in restaurant. Room service [24-hour] is a lifesaver. I am guilty for ordering from the hotel.
One day, I ordered a salad. This is where things went slightly off the rails. It's like the chef took a field trip to a sad, forgotten garden. Seriously, the lettuce was limp, the tomatoes were mealy and the dressing tasted vaguely of sadness. I had a moment of existential dread right there in my room. My advice? Explore the city, there are much bigger and better restaurants!
Spa, Relaxation and All That Jazz:
Okay, this is one area where the Elizabeth Hotel delivers. I’m a HUGE fan of a good spa day.
- The Spa: My main complaint? The spa is small, and there are a few more than I’d prefer. But overall, its good.
- The Massage: The massage was… sublime. Like, melt-into-a-puddle-of-relaxation sublime. I almost fell asleep.
- The Pool with view: This pool is seriously worth the trip. The view of Athens is great.
- The Gym/Fitness, Sauna, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool is all really good.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax:
- Relaxing: The Spa is pretty nice. I spent a lot of time here, and really loved it.
- Body scrub: Not my thing, but they have it.
- Body wrap: I feel as though I would have been too relaxed to do anything after a wrap.
- Foot bath: Yes, this is nice!
Services & Conveniences (The Little Things That Matter):
The Elizabeth Hotel gets a gold star for its Doorman and Concierge. They are amazing! They are always there for anything. The Daily housekeeping was impeccable. They have a gift shop and that's nice. They also have a luggage storage, which is necessary. Also, the Car park [free of charge] saved me some serious money.
Getting Around Athens:
- Airport transfer: I used it. It’s convenient, but you can get a taxi.
- Car park [on-site] A big plus.
- Taxi service: Easy to get.
For the Kids (The Mini-Pioneers):
I didn't have any kids, but the hotel seemed kid-friendly. So I don't have an opinion.
The Quirks, the Imperfections, and the Overall Vibe:
Look, the Elizabeth Hotel isn’t perfect. There are some things that are a little old-fashioned: the hotel decor. The elevator is tiny. But, what the hotel lacks in modern flashiness, it makes up for in charm. It's got soul. The staff, are generally friendly.
The Verdict: Should YOU Stay?
Okay, here’s the bottom line: YES. I'd absolutely stay at the Elizabeth Hotel again. It's not a luxury palace, but it's a comfortable, clean, well-located base for exploring Athens. The spa is a definite highlight. The cleanliness gives me peace of mind, and the staff make you feel genuinely welcome.
My Quirky Observations:
- The hotel lobby had this weird floral arrangement that appeared to be competing with the Parthenon for attention. I'm not sure it won, but it was… there!
- At breakfast, I witnessed a full-on family argument over a croissant. It was a beautiful, chaotic, authentically Greek moment.
- I'd give the overall hotel experience a solid 4 out of 5 stars.
- The hotel chain had a great presence.
Final Thoughts:
The Elizabeth Hotel is a solid choice for anyone visiting Athens. It may not be the fanciest hotel on the block, but it offers a comfortable, clean, and convenient stay with a bit of Athenian charm. Plus, the pool and spa are a definite bonus.
The "Escape to Paradise: Elizabeth Hotel, Athens Awaits!" OFFER (Because You Deserve a Vacation):
Ready to trade your everyday for Grecian sunshine and historical wonders?
Book your stay at the Elizabeth Hotel in Athens TODAY and receive:
- A Guaranteed Upgrade (based on availability): Because you deserve a little extra luxury!
- Complimentary Breakfast Each Day: Fuel your adventures with a delicious breakfast buffet.
- A Voucher for a Complimentary Massage at the Hotel Spa: Unwind and let your worries melt away. This is the ultimate relaxation package!
- 5% Discount on Spa Services: Keep that bliss going all day long!
- Free Wi-Fi Access: Stay connected and share those envy-inducing vacation photos!
- A Personalized Welcome Gift: It’s a surprise, but you won't regret it!
Plus, enjoy the peace of mind that comes with our commitment to cleanliness and safety!
This offer is only available for a limited time, so don't miss out on your chance to Escape to Paradise! Click the link below to book your unforgettable Athenian adventure!
[
GreenTree Alliance: Changshu & Suzhou's BEST Hotel? Unbelievable Perks Revealed!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're not just planning a trip to Athens, we're embracing the chaos. Elizabeth Hotel, here we come! And trust me, this won't be your meticulously-planned, Instagram-perfect itinerary. This is the messy, sweaty, potentially-losing-my-passport-in-a-souvenir-shop version.
ATHENS WITH A HANGOVER (AKA THE ELIZABETH HOTEL EDITION)
Day 1: Arrival and The Glorious Glyfada Debacle
- Morning (and probably a bit past noon): Arrive at Athens International Airport (ATH). Okay, real talk? Flights? The bane of my existence. Pray for smooth sailing. Pray for no screaming babies. Pray for coffee. Then the glorious taxi ride, hopefully not getting ripped off by a rogue driver. My nerves are already shot.
- Around 1 PM (or whenever we actually arrive): Check into the Elizabeth Hotel. Hopefully, they have a decent lobby, and most importantly, an elevator that works. Because, after a flight, stairs are the enemy. Quick unpacking, assess the room, and pray it doesn't smell like stale cigarettes. High hopes, low expectations, you know?
- Afternoon (2-5 PM): This is where the real fun begins. Head to Glyfada beach. Seriously, the most hyped beach I've ever seen. Everyone says it's paradise. Reality check: it's probably going to be crowded. But sunscreen is a must! And I'm prepared for a good dose of reality: I'm not a beach person. More of a "sitting in the shade with a book and an iced coffee" kind of person. Prepare for disappointment!
- Evening (7-10 PM): Dinner near the beach. Find a taverna with some cute lights, order all the Greek food. I'm picturing fresh grilled octopus, the most glorious feta known to humankind, and bread that's still warm from the oven. Maybe a little too much ouzo, possibly ending with us singing karaoke, it's all up in the air at this point. Seriously though, find good food.
- Late Night: Collapse into bed. Pray for a good night's sleep, because tomorrow is a monster.
Day 2: Ancient Wonders and Existential Crisis
- Morning (8 AM – or when I wake up, let's be real): Acropolis and the Parthenon. Ugh. The actual thing. I know, iconic. But also…crowds. I need to remember to bring a water bottle or I'll be dead from the heat! Pray for a decent view and no selfie sticks in the face. I'm really hoping by the time I’m done, I'm not thinking "Is this all there is?"
- Mid-Morning: Acropolis Museum. Hopefully, it lives up to the hype. Actually, this is something that is supposed to be amazing. If I somehow manage to absorb any historical knowledge, that's a bonus.
- Lunch. Look for a place not too far from the Acropolis. I want something cheap and cheerful (because my euros are already dwindling faster than my sanity). I'm hoping to find a restaurant with a view of the Acropolis.
- Afternoon (1-5 PM): Plaka district. Wander. Get lost. Embrace the chaos. Buy too many souvenirs (I always do). I'm going to try to find those tiny Greek flags to bring home.
- Evening (6 PM – whenever): Dinner in Plaka. This is where it could get messy. All that food and wine, I can feel a headache coming on just thinking about it.
- Late Night: Back to the hotel, hopefully finding a convenience store.
Day 3: Day Trip Dreams (and potential disasters)
- Morning: Day trip to Delphi. Or, attempt a day trip; because, I'm clumsy. Hopefully, I don't miss the bus, I'll have my camera and hope for the best.
- Afternoon (or whenever we get back): Hang back around the hotel to do some things I missed, or to just relax.
Bonus Ramblings and Emotional Outbursts:
- Elizabeth Hotel: Okay, so I've been reading the reviews. It's either a hidden gem or a quirky, slightly-shabby-chic nightmare. I'm holding my breath. (But also, I'm the queen of finding the positive in a messy room)
- Food: I'm going to eat all the things. I'm the queen of indulging, you see.
- Mood: I'm going to be excited and overwhelmed. Both at the same time. I'm hoping to have a good time, but I'm aware I'm going to mess up.
- Important Note: Never trust a Google Maps direction in a crowded area. You'll end up in a dead end.
- Most Important: I hope I can just breathe. And not lose my passport. And maybe, just maybe, come back with a tan and a good story to tell. Or maybe just a good story.
This is just a starting point. The real adventure begins when we land. Let's do this, Athens! And may the odds be ever in my favor (especially when it comes to finding a decent bathroom). Wish me luck, I'm going to need it!
Chennai Marina Beach Luxury: Unbeatable Collection O Deal!
Escape to Paradise: Elizabeth Hotel, Athens Awaits! - FAQs (with a touch of chaos)
Okay, so... Elizabeth Hotel. Sounds fancy. Is it actually *worth* the hype? (Because let's be real, Athens is a headache just to get *to*.)
Alright, buckle up, buttercup. "Hype"? Depends. I went in expecting… well, *something*. Athens is always a gamble, right? You're picturing the Acropolis, sunsets, maybe a handsome Greek god or two lurking in a taverna. Then you remember the scorching sun, the insane traffic, and the street vendors who *will* sell you a slightly-used plastic flamingo.
The Elizabeth? Honestly? It was… good. Really good. The lobby's this beautiful, airy space, all marble and white and light. I almost tripped when I first walked in, because my luggage gave me a nasty whack on the leg I was too distracted by the beauty. And the staff? Actually, they're *amazing*. They're all so friendly and happy (not just like, customer service friendly, I mean actually *happy*). I'm someone who can be a bit of a crank during traveling so it was great to see smiling faces. So, “worth it”? Yeah, probably. Especially after the chaos of the Acropolis crowds. (Ugh, don't get me *started* on those crowds.)
The rooms... are they actually clean? I've read reviews… (shudders).
Okay, this is HUGE. I will be honest. I am a bit of a neat freak. Like, I can't unwind in a room that looks like a toddler went to town with a glitter cannon. So, the cleanliness of a hotel is, like, my top priority. Deep breaths.
And the Elizabeth? YES! They were spotless! Seriously. The bathroom was gleaming. The bed – oh, the bed! – was like sinking into a fluffy, cloud-like dream. I actually did *not* find a single rogue hair, which, for a hotel, is practically a miracle. And the towels? Fluffy perfection. (I'm a towel snob, sue me.) I even checked under the bed. (Don't judge. It's a thing.) Clean. So, *clean*.
Breakfast, please! What's the deal with the breakfast situation? Is it that sad continental spread?
Okay, listen. Breakfast is critical. It sets the whole tone for the day, right? And a sad continental breakfast can ruin an entire *trip*. So, I was bracing myself.
The Elizabeth? Nope. They went all out! There was the usual stuff – pastries (which, let's be honest, I may have *overindulged* in), fruit, yogurt, cereal. But then there was *more*. Freshly squeezed orange juice, a full hot breakfast buffet with eggs cooked any way you wanted. Seriously, if you could dream it, they could make it. And the *coffee*! Strong, rich, and delicious. It was the perfect pick-me-up every morning. The breakfast itself, was like a mini-vacation on its own.
The location! Is it actually *central*? Or am I going to spend half my trip stuck on a bus?
Location, location, location, right? I'm the kind of person who hates wasting time on transport. So, finding a hotel that’s actually *near* things is a huge win.
The Elizabeth? Super central! (Almost too central, if that's a thing). Walking distance to so many landmarks! Like, seriously, you can get to the Acropolis, the Plaka (that charming, touristy, but totally worth-it neighborhood), and the metro. You could practically *roll* out of bed and be at the Parthenon. (Okay, maybe not roll. But close.) I managed to see so much more because I wasn't fighting traffic all day. It was great. Really great.
Anything… annoying? Spill the tea! (Besides those street vendors).
Okay, okay, fine. Nothing's perfect. I'm trying to be real here! There were a couple of *minor* things. Let's be clear, these are not deal-breakers, just… annoyances.
First, the Wi-Fi. It wasn’t *terrible*, but it wasn’t lightning fast either. I struggled when I was trying to upload my Instagram videos (priorities, people!). A minor setback. Secondly, one morning while I was trying to wake up peacefully, some loud construction began, and it was near my room. Again, not the Hotel's fault, but still annoying.
That pool they brag about? Is it… actually swimmable? Or just a glorified puddle?
Okay, the pool. This is where I got *really* picky. Because, let’s be honest, a hotel pool can make or break a vacation. Especially in the Athenian heat.
And the Elizabeth's pool? It's… good. Actually pretty good. Clean, refreshing, and not overly crowded. There's also a bar, which is *essential*. I spent a solid afternoon lounging by that pool, reading a book, and sipping on a gin and tonic. (Don't judge. Vacation.) It’s not the biggest pool in the world but it felt special; away from the bustling city.
Okay, let's talk *service*. Are the staff genuinely friendly? Or just trained robots?
Oh, the staff. This is where the Elizabeth *really* shines. Forget robotic smiles. Forget the forced pleasantries. These people? They're genuinely *nice*.
I had this… *moment*... When I was leaving for an early tour of the Acropolis. I stupidly left my phone charger back in the room. I ran back, flustered and slightly desperate, expecting zero sympathy. The concierge immediately leaped into action! He called the tour company, confirmed my details while I was in a near panic, and reassured me it would be okay. He even offered me a coffee while I waited. (Bless him, he was a genuine lifesaver!). It speaks volumes. It's those little things that make you feel like you're not just a guest, you're actually cared for. Seriously, give those staff members raises! They deserve it!
What about the noise? Athens is, you know, *noisy*. Were you able to actually sleep?
Noise? Ah, the bane of my existenceOcean View Inn

