Unbelievable OYO Hotel Deal in Magical Tlalpujahua, Mexico!
Unbelievable OYO Hotel Deal in Magical Tlalpujahua, Mexico! - A Review That's Accidentally Honest (& Maybe Helpful)**
Okay, folks, buckle up, because I just got back from Tlalpujahua, Mexico… and let me tell you, it's a trip. And the OYO Hotel? Well, it's a deal. Let's just say my expectations were… adjusted. But in the end, this little OYO, nestled in the heart of a town that’s practically a fairy tale, surprised me. This is my brutally honest, slightly-scatterbrained review.
The Location: Tlalpujahua – Seriously Magical
First off, Tlalpujahua itself is the absolute showstopper. Think cobblestone streets, colorful buildings, and, oh my god, the feeling of being transported to another century. It's famous for its Christmas ornaments (seriously, everywhere), which makes it a winter wonderland year-round. The accessibility of the town itself… well, let's just say it's charming but hilly. Not ideal for wheelchairs. So, under Accessibility, I'd say it's… not great, unless you got a serious set of thighs or are using a scooter for the cobblestone streets, which I don't think is a great idea.
Getting There ( & Getting Around):
- Airport Transfer: Didn't use it, but I'm guessing it exists.
- Car Park: Free, and plentiful, which is a godsend given the narrow streets.
- Car Power Charging Station: Nope. This town runs on magic candles, apparently. (Just kidding… mostly.)
- Taxi Service: I didn't see any. It's a walking town.
- Valet Parking: Absolutely not. Park it yourself, sweetheart.
- Bicycle parking: If you find a bike, you deserve a medal.
The Room Situation – Cozy, But…
So, the room. Let's break it down, shall we? The advertised "Unbelievable OYO Hotel Deal" definitely referred to the price.
- Available in all rooms: Yep, rooms are available.
- Air conditioning: Nope. But honestly? You don't need it. The mountain air is crisp and cool.
- Alarm clock: Thankfully, yes. Even if you're already awake.
- Bathrobes: Nope. Bring your own comfy pajamas.
- Bathroom phone: I… I wish.
- Bathtub: Some rooms have them. Mine didn’t. Shower was fine, though.
- Blackout curtains: Blessedly, yes. Sleep is precious.
- Carpeting: Yup. Standard hotel carpet.
- Closet: Adequate. Shoved my stuff in there.
- Coffee/tea maker: Maybe. I think so. Honestly, the town is overflowing with cafes, so I wasn't too worried.
- Complimentary tea: No.
- Daily housekeeping: Yes. Super kind staff.
- Desk: Yes. A functional desk.
- Extra long bed: No. But it was comfy enough.
- Free bottled water: Yes! Hallelujah!
- Hair dryer: Yes! A real lifesaver after those mountain hikes.
- High floor: Not applicable. It's a cozy, small hotel.
- In-room safe box: I believe so. My room was a bit chaotic, and so I didn't need to use that.
- Internet access – LAN: I didn’t see, but it was really okay.
- Internet access – wireless: Free Wi-Fi throughout, which was surprisingly reliable. No complaints!
- Ironing facilities: Yes.
- Laptop workspace: Yes. See “Desk” above.
- Linens: Clean.
- Mini bar: Nope. But again, a dozen shops are within minutes.
- Mirror: Yes, several.
- Non-smoking: Yes! Absolutely.
- On-demand movies: I didn't try.
- Private bathroom: Yes. Always a good thing.
- Reading light: Yes. Good for late-night novel binges.
- Refrigerator: Nope. Need a cold drink? Head to the shop.
- Safety/security feature: Standard stuff. Smoke detectors, etc. Seemed secure.
- Satellite/cable channels: Yes. For when you need some mindless TV.
- Scale: No. I’m glad.
- Seating area: Yes. A small, comfy chair.
- Separate shower/bathtub: Depends on the room.
- Shower: Fine. Hot water every time.
- Slippers: No.
- Smoke detector: Yes.
- Socket near the bed: Yes! Thank you, hotel gods.
- Sofa: No.
- Soundproofing: It's not a soundproof palace, so I could hear my neighbors a bit.
- Telephone: Yes.
- Toiletries: Basic, but sufficient.
- Towels: Clean and fluffy.
- Umbrella: Nope. Pack a small one.
- Visual alarm: I didn't notice.
- Wake-up service: Probably. I used my phone alarm.
- Wi-Fi [free]: Yes!
- Window that opens: Yes! Fresh air is always a plus.
Dining, Drinking & Snacking – The Food Scene
This is where Tlalpujahua really shines. The OYO itself doesn't have a ton on offer, but the town… oh, the town!
- A la carte in restaurant: Not in the hotel.
- Alternative meal arrangement: Unsure.
- Asian breakfast/cuisine: Negative. This is authentic Mexican cuisine.
- Bar: Nope.
- Bottle of water: Provided in the room.
- Breakfast [buffet]: No.
- Breakfast service: You can get something made at the hotel.
- Buffet in restaurant: No.
- Coffee/tea in restaurant: No.
- Coffee shop: Tons! Every corner.
- Desserts in restaurant: Not in the hotel.
- Happy hour: I didn't see one at the hotel.
- International cuisine in restaurant: Nope.
- Poolside bar: LOL. No pool.
- Restaurants: Plenty in town.
- Room service [24-hour]: Nope.
- Salad in restaurant: Try a restaurant in town.
- Snack bar: Nope.
- Soup in restaurant: Ditto.
- Vegetarian restaurant: Might be tricky. Ask around.
- Western breakfast/cuisine: Not in the hotel.
The Highlight: Exploring the Town's Culinary Delights
Okay, I'm going to double down on the food thing. Forget the hotel dining. Seriously. The real magic of Tlalpujahua is the food! I spent a solid three days eating my way through the town.
I would walk past the poolside bar if there was one (again: No pool), and instead of having salad in restaurant, I go for it in the local market. Honestly, the Western cuisine in restaurant is irrelevant when you're surrounded by such amazing traditional options!
- The Perfect Taco: Found a tiny taco stand tucked away on a side street. The tacos? Carne asada perfection. Juicy, flavorful, and under a dollar a pop. I went back three times.
- The Sweet Surprise: Tried a local bakery. The pastries! Oh. My. God. Flaky, buttery, and filled with fruit. I'm still dreaming about them.
- The Mole Mystery: Found a restaurant specializing in mole. The depth of flavor… the complex spices… it was a revelation. I licked the plate clean.
- The Spicy Challenge: Tried the local chili. Warning: It's hot! But the flavor was worth the sweat.
Services and Conveniences – Minimalist Comfort
- Air conditioning in public area: No public a/c.
- Audio-visual equipment for special events: No.
- Business facilities: Nope.
- Cash withdrawal: Banks are available.
- Concierge: No. But the staff are super helpful.
- Contactless check-in/out: Probably not.
- Convenience store: Small shops are everywhere.
- Currency exchange: Nope. Get your Pesos before you go.
- Daily housekeeping: Yes, very clean.
- Doorman: No.
- Dry cleaning: Not sure.
- Elevator: No! (Good exercise though, you know.)
- Essential condiments: Provided in the room.
- Facilities for disabled guests: Limited.
- Food delivery: Nope.

Okay, buckle up, buttercups! Here's what might happen on a chaotic, glorious, and totally imperfect adventure to OYO Hotel El Mineral in Tlalpujahua, Mexico. Prepare for the beautiful mess that is me, armed with a camera and a questionable sense of direction.
Day 1: Arrival - And Oh Dear God, What Have I Gotten Myself Into?
- Morning (or Whenever I Actually Roll Out of Bed): Alright, flight. Let's face it, I'm not the "get up at 5 am and catch the sunrise" type. More like "stumble out of the airport still checking my phone." Ugh, airport food. Always a gamble. Praying for a decent burrito. (Fingers crossed it's not one of those pre-wrapped monstrosities. They taste like sadness).
- Afternoon: Taxi from Mexico City—should have paid more attention while I was getting my ticket; now my credit card has a small problem; hopefully it's fixed, or my trip goes bust. Hopefully, the ride will be scenic. I'll try to avoid barfing (bad memories of bus trips as a kid). Once I arrive at Tlalpujahua, the real fun begins. The hotel—OYO El Mineral. The pictures online look… promising. I hope they aren't lying. Hotel check-in. Deep breaths. Focus on the "Hola!" and the smile. Then, I hope they did not give my room away.
- Late Afternoon/Early Evening: Finally! Room! I'll need a few minutes to myself. Okay, first impressions: Is this place going for "rustic chic" or "slightly falling apart charm"? Either way, it smells clean, and there's a window. Victory! I'm going to go to the town square. Wander around. Absorb the atmosphere. Find a good spot to watch the world go by. Maybe practice my Spanish. (Starting with "Una cerveza, por favor," obviously.)
- Evening: Dinner. This is a critical decision. Do I go the touristy route? Or brave something local? I think I'll be brave. I'm going to find a little hole-in-the-wall place. Ask for the "best damn tacos in Tlalpujahua." Pray the stomach gods are on my side. Maybe some tequila or a margarita to, you know, settle things down.
Day 2: The Heart of Gold… (and the Tiny Details):
- Morning: Breakfast. Hoping against hope for something that’s not only edible but actually delicious. The included breakfast is a mystery, the unknown has many possibilities. Maybe huevos rancheros? Or maybe just bread with jam; I'm okay with both. Then the real reason why I'm in Tlalpujahua: the Christmas ornament factories! I am going to go nuts.
- Late Morning: I'm going to spend the entire morning wandering through those factories. I am going to marvel at the tiny ornaments. Buy a Christmas present for people I don't even like (you know, just in case). I'll probably embarrass myself by asking to see how the artists work. Try to take pictures without looking like the annoying tourist that I am.
- Lunch: I'm starving. What would Mexican food be without delicious food? The town square again, or maybe a new spot that seems appealing. I'm going to order something that tastes like Mexico.
- Afternoon: Exploring is the name of the game from now on. Museums? Cute side streets? I want to find a hidden gem that isn’t in any of the guidebooks. One of these is the real gem of Tlalpujahua.
- Evening: Dinner, maybe another different restaurant. Maybe after a long day of walking, you just want something easy. Maybe I will cook something in the hotel, oh, but I probably won't.
Day 3: Taking it all in, or Maybe Just Taking a Nap.
- Morning: Sleep in! I deserve it. Actually, I'll probably wake up and have coffee. Then, a leisurely stroll to the market.
- Late Morning: I want to feel like I belong here. I'll probably spend way too much money on something I don't need. I'm going to soak up the atmosphere. I feel like eating some street food.
- Lunch: Repeat of before and find something new that wasn't in the plan.
- Afternoon: I was thinking about going on a hike. You know, be one with nature. I'll be honest: I'm mostly going to procrastinate, probably a nap.
- Evening: Dinner. I will go back to that restaurant that I liked, or another good one. Another night of tequila and maybe a dance lesson.
Day 4: Farewell (and the Sweet Embrace of Home):
- Morning: One last breakfast. I need to eat it, because I don't want to starve during the flight. Last-minute souvenir shopping. (I always end up buying something at the last minute.)
- Late Morning: Check out. Hugging the hotel staff, promising to return. The airport again. This time, I at least have a general idea of what I'm doing.
- Afternoon: Flight. A mix of exhaustion and a sort of satisfied sigh. I made it. I survived. I’m probably going to post a million photos, and then promptly forget about them.
- Evening: Back home. Shower. Unpack. Tell everyone I met a new person and made new friends. Then, sleep. A deep, glorious sleep.
Important Imperfections:
- Spanish Skills: I'm going to try my best. I'll likely butcher the language and end up relying on hand gestures and a lot of smiling..
- Navigating: I'm going to be a pro at getting lost. Embrace the detours, I say!
- Packing: I will overpack. I always overpack. And I'll probably wear the same three outfits.
- Spontaneity: There will be U-turns. There will be random detours. Embrace it. This the journey of a lifetime!
There you have it. A semi-structured, totally honest, and probably slightly off-track plan for my adventure. Wish me luck, I'm going to need it! And maybe, just maybe, I'll actually learn something. Or just have a really good time. Either way, I'm ready for the ride.
Alanya Paradise: Your 68m² Dream Apartment Awaits!
Unbelievable OYO Hotel Deal in Magical Tlalpujahua, Mexico! (Yeah, Really?) - FAQs You NEED to Read Before You Go!
Okay, seriously, is this deal actually *that* good? Like, the OYO in Tlalpujahua, is it a hidden gem or a glorified glorified hostel?
What's the *actual* state of the rooms? Are we talking clean sheets and working plumbing, or something else entirely? I have a *very* low tolerance for bedbugs.
Is the location actually good? Or are you stuck wandering around the back alleys with a questionable map?
Okay, let's talk about the *vibe*. Are we looking at a friendly, welcoming atmosphere, or a place where you just want to hide in your room?
Is there Wi-Fi? And if so, is it usable or more of a "hope and pray" situation?
The photos online…do they actually represent the rooms? Because sometimes, you know...
What should I *really* pack to make the experience less… challenging? Besides my own pillow...
What's the deal with parkingComfort Inn

