Varanasi's Hidden Gem: FabHotel Lemon Grass - Your Dream Stay Awaits!
Varanasi's Hidden Gem: FabHotel Lemon Grass - My Dream, Possibly Yours, Awaits! (But Let's Be Real…)
Alright, alright, settle in, wanderers! I'm back from the crazy, chaotic, and utterly captivating Varanasi, and I’ve got the lowdown on a place that, well, kinda blew my mind: FabHotel Lemon Grass. And you know, finding a decent hotel in Varanasi is like finding a decent street dog that doesn't want to steal your samosa – a challenge! But this place? This place had me rethinking everything.
Let's get this straight: I'm no travel influencer, alright? I'm a regular person who likes a hot shower and a bed that doesn't look like it's been through a monsoon. So, this review is gonna be REAL.
First Impressions: The Arrival - Or, My Near-Death Experience (Kind Of)
Okay, Varanasi. You either love it or you… well, you're still trying to figure it out. Getting to FabHotel Lemon Grass was an adventure in itself. The auto-rickshaw ride involved more honking than a death metal concert and a near miss with a sacred cow (I swear, the cow gave me the stink eye). Seriously, accessibility to the hotel is there, but expect a bit of a bumpy ride getting there.
Accessibility: The Good, The Bad, And The Slightly Confusing
- Accessibility: The hotel claims to be accessible, but like most things in India, it’s a bit of a mixed bag. There's an elevator, which is good! But navigating the narrow streets of Varanasi to get to the hotel? That's where the fun begins (read: chaos).
- Wheelchair accessible: I didn't need wheelchair access, thankfully, but I poked around. The lobby seemed doable, but some of the hallways were… tight. Best to call ahead to make sure they can really accommodate.
- Airport transfer: They do actually have an airport transfer, which is a GODSEND. Seriously, book it. You’ll thank me.
- Car park [free of charge]: Yes, that's a huge plus in the city's narrow streets, but be prepared for possibly tight spaces.
The Room: My Sanctuary… Almost.
- Available in all rooms: Let's just list the things in the room: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.
- Wi-Fi [free]: Okay, this is HUGE. Free Wi-Fi, people! It works, it's fast enough for scrolling, and, considering my dependency on internet (a problem for sure), it was a lifesaver.
- Air Conditioning: Essential. Varanasi is HOT. Brutally, sweat-everywhere-and-regret-your-existence hot.
- Bed: The bed was comfy. Not five-star-hotel-comfy, but clean, decent, and I slept like a baby. (Once the street noise quieted down, which, let's be honest, is a losing battle in Varanasi.)
- Cleanliness: The room itself was spotless. And that, my friends, is a HUGE win in India. I'm a germaphobe (don't judge), and I was happy!
- Soundproofing: Ah, the soundproofing. It tries. Bless its cotton socks. It attempts to block out the chaos, but Varanasi is a city that never… ever… sleeps. So, pack earplugs. Seriously.
Eating, Drinking, and Snacking: My Stomach’s Verdict
- Restaurants: The hotel has restaurants, yeah! Honestly, the food was decent, a solid 7/10. Enough to eat while you are there for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Asian breakfast / Western breakfast: They have both, which is great! Variety is essential, and I devoured my share of both.
- Room service [24-hour]: I needed that late-night chai fix that was delivered in time.
- Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop: I could always find coffee and drinks, which is a win-win situation.
Relaxation & Wellness: Did I Find My Zen? (Spoiler: Maybe Not Completely)
- Fitness center: Yeah, it has a fitness center. I looked. It looked like a place where equipment goes to die, and not in a stylish, "vintage-chic" way. I skipped it.
- Spa: I'm a sucker for a spa. They do have spa services. I got a massage. It was… interesting. Let's just say it was a very "authentic" Indian massage experience. Maybe a little too authentic for this Westerner.
- Sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Pool with view: Sadly, I didn’t test these, so I cannot tell you if they were good (or not).
- Things to do, ways to relax: There is a terrace where you can chill; very cool.
Cleanliness & Safety: Keeping the Bugs at Bay
- Anti-viral cleaning products: Okay, good. This made me feel safe.
- Hand sanitizer: Available everywhere. Always a good sign! This is especially good.
- Rooms sanitized between stays: Yes! Very important.
- Daily disinfection in common areas: Excellent.
- Staff trained in safety protocol: They seemed to know their stuff, and it was appreciated.
- First aid kit: Always good to have it!
- Hygiene certification: Yup.
- CCTV in common areas / CCTV outside property: They had it. Comforting.
- Fire extinguisher, Smoke alarms: Standard, But still nice.
- Security [24-hour]: Made me feel safe, that's for sure.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter
- Concierge: They were helpful. Asked all the questions, and they answered all of them.
- Laundry service / Dry cleaning: Yes! A lifesaver. My clothes were getting seriously grimy.
- Cash withdrawal: Convenient for a busy tourist!
- Elevator: Thank goodness.
- Luggage storage: Always a plus.
- Doorman: Yes. Always nice to have a welcoming face.
- Meeting/banquet facilities: Yes, useful for business travelers.
Things to do: Varanasi on Your Doorstep
Beyond the hotel itself, Varanasi is a bombardment of the senses. The ghats (riverfront steps) are a must-see, but be prepared for crowds and… well, let’s just say smells you won’t forget. FabHotel Lemon Grass is well-located enough to be a good home base.
Overall Thoughts: Would I Stay Again?
Honestly? Yes. Despite the minor imperfections (and let's be real, this is India – it's all a bit… imperfect), FabHotel Lemon Grass surprised me. It's a solid option in a city where finding reliable accommodation can feel like a treasure hunt. The cleanliness, the Wi-Fi, the friendly staff… it all adds up to a pretty positive experience.
My Big Anecdote: That Elevator Ride
Okay, so there was this one time. I was heading up to my room. I hopped in the elevator. It rattled. It shuddered. The lights flickered. I may have yelped. Then, it stopped. Between floors. For like, five minutes. I swear, I almost had a full-blown panic attack. Now, the staff was amazing – they were up there in seconds and got the elevator moving again. But the memory lingers. So, if you’re claustrophobic, maybe… take the stairs.
FabHotel Lemon Grass - The Offer You Can't Refuse (Probably)
Here’s the deal: Book your stay at FabHotel Lemon Grass NOW (and make sure you use my code, I'll get some points… nah, I'm just kidding).
Why?
- Cleanliness Wins: Escape the grime of Varanasi with a room that's actually clean.
- Free Wi-Fi: Stay connected and brag about your trip on Instagram while you're at it!
- Great Location: Make your trip a good one!
- Reasonably Priced: Budget-friendly, without feeling like you're slumming it.
- Varanasi chaos: Enjoy a

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your sanitized, corporate-approved travel itinerary. This is Varanasi, baby, and you're getting the REAL deal. FabHotel Lemon Grass, here we come! And if my internal clock is anything to go by, expect a total trainwreck of schedule and sanity.
Itinerary: Varanasi - A Descent into Chaos (and Hopefully Enlightenment)
Day 1: Arrival and the First Glimpse - OH. MY. GOD.
- 10:00 AM: Hitting the Ground (and Maybe the Pavement) in Varanasi: Okay, arrival at Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport (VNS). Let’s hope my flight isn’t delayed again thanks to the usual airline shenanigans. I'm usually a mess just trying to find the baggage claim. Expect me to be wrestling with my oversized suitcase, muttering about "why did I even pack this?!"
- 11:00 AM: Taxi Trauma (or, Pray for a Nice Driver): Pre-booked a taxi (fingers crossed it actually shows). Varanasi traffic is legendary, a beautiful, chaotic symphony of horns, cows, rickshaws, and… well, everything. My life's goal now is to arrive at FabHotel Lemon Grass without a nervous breakdown induced by the constant honking.
- 12:00 PM: Check-in & Room Rhapsody (or, Pray for Clean Sheets): Arrived, hopefully! Let’s see if the FabHotel Lemon Grass lives up to the hype. Hoping for a clean room, decent AC (essential!), and maybe a view that isn’t directly into someone's laundry. Unpacking, freshening up – gotta shake off the travel grime.
- 1:00 PM: Food, Glorious Food! (And the inevitable tummy rumble): Lunch at the hotel’s restaurant. I’m not usually adventurous with food, but I know I’m here for the experience, so I’m going to try something I've never had before. Pray for a resilient stomach. My internal dialogue: “Eat something safe… but also, curry…”
- 2:00 PM: Siesta Sabotage (or, The Great Sleep-Deprived Nap): Attempting a nap. Jet lag is a cruel mistress. Expect a struggle. Waking up at 3:00 PM like a startled raccoon.
- 4:00 PM: First Steps (The Ghats Beckon): Finally, out into the Varanasi madness! Head towards the ghats (the riverbanks). Walking along the Ganges for the first time… I'm bracing myself to be overwhelmed. I've seen the pictures, heard the stories, but nothing can prepare you.
- 5:00 PM: Dashashwamedh Ghat: The Evening Aarti (My First Experience): This is the big one. The evening Aarti ceremony at Dashashwamedh Ghat. Incense, chanting, flames, and a thousand-year-old vibe. I'm prepping myself to be teary-eyed. Maybe it'll be a religious experience… or maybe I'll just be slightly terrified of the fire hazard. (Spoiler alert: it's probably both). If I can, I'm hoping to grab a boat ride for a better viewing.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner Dilemma (Street Food vs. Tourist Trap): Finding dinner. The eternal question. I'm torn. Street food (risky, delicious) or a tourist-friendly place (safer, probably less awesome). I am going to be brave and go for both.
- 8:30 PM: Stargazing and Street Chaos: Strolling back to the hotel. Taking it all in. The sounds, the smells, the everything. Varanasi at night is a sensory overload. Probably going to get lost. Probably going to love it.
Day 2: The Sunrise, the River, and the Ghosts?
- 5:00 AM: Sunrise Boat Ride (Or, Are You Kidding Me?!): Okay, this is ambitious. Sunrise boat ride on the Ganges. Getting up this early after last night feels like torture. But I'm told it's magical. Praying my boat doesn't capsize.
- 6:00 AM: The Ganges Awakening: Witnessing the sunrise (if I can keep my eyes open). The ghats are bustling, pilgrims bathing, the river a mystical dance of light and shadow. I'm expecting to feel something profound… or just cold.
- 7:00 AM: Breakfast and Reflections: Back to the hotel for breakfast (and caffeine, lots of caffeine). Processing what I've just seen. I swear I just saw a ghost. Maybe I'm hallucinating.
- 8:00 AM: Exploring the Ghats (More Walking, More Wonder): Wandering along the ghats, exploring the different bathing ghats, the burning ghats (yes, those are tough). Trying to understand the rituals, the beliefs, the very fabric of this place.
- 10:00 AM: Sarnath - Buddhist Roots (A Moment of Calm?): A visit to Sarnath, where the Buddha first preached. Hoping for a bit of peace and quiet (good luck with that!). Beautiful temples and stupas. Perfect for a moment of reflection and to escape the Varanasi chaos!
- 12:00 PM: Lunch in Sarnath (And a Prayer for Hygiene): Lunch near Sarnath. I'll try my best to keep my stomach happy.
- 1:00 PM: Return to Varanasi, or not: The plan is to head back to Varanasi, but if I enjoy Sarnath so much, I might just stay the rest of the day.
- 3:00 PM: Back to Varanasi and the hotel.
- 4:00 PM: Evening at the Ghats & The Same Dinner Dilemma: Should I eat something from the street or in the hotel restaurant? Or should I attempt a different restaurant?
- 7:00 PM: Stargazing and Street Chaos: Strolling back to the hotel. Taking it all in. The sounds, the smells, the everything. Varanasi at night is a sensory overload. Probably going to get lost. Probably going to love it.
Day 3: Temples, Textiles, and the Bitter Sweet Goodbye
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast & last-minute souvenir shopping!
- 10:00 AM: Temple Run (Gold, Glitters, and Gods): Visit a few temples. Viswanath Temple (the Golden Temple), and maybe Durga Temple (the Monkey Temple). Brace yourself for crowds and the "guides," who will try to stick to you like glue.
- 12:00 PM: Weaving Wonders (Or, My Attempt to Bargain): A trip to a local silk weaving workshop. Watching them create these beautiful textiles is amazing! Going to attempt to buy a scarf. My haggling skills are atrocious. Expect to be ripped off, but hopefully, happily so.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch & Last Bites Of Varanasi: A final, delicious, and probably slightly stomach-churning lunch.
- 2:00 PM: The Moment of Truth: Departure: That feeling when you know you have to leave a city that seems to have captured your heart.
- 2:30 PM: Head to the airport!
Important Notes (aka, My Survival Guide):
- Water, Water, Everywhere: Drink only bottled water. Seriously. Carry it everywhere. Hydration is key.
- Stomach issues: You will probably get Delhi belly (or Varanasi tummy, in this case). Pack Imodium and embrace the inevitable.
- Bargaining: Bargain everywhere. But don't be a jerk. It's a game.
- Embrace The Chaos: Varanasi is messy, overwhelming, magical, and unpredictable. Roll with it. Let go of perfection. Get lost. Say yes to things. And remember: this is your adventure.
This is just a rough idea. I fully expect to deviate from the plans. I might spend an entire day just sitting on the ghats, or maybe I'll flee screaming back to the hotel. Who knows? But that's the beauty of it, isn't it? Come on, Varanasi! Let's do this!
Wuhan's BEST Hotel Near Bayi Road? (Atour Hotel Review!)
FabHotel Lemon Grass Varanasi: Your Burning Questions (and My Honest Answers!)
Okay, so, FabHotel Lemon Grass... Is it *really* a "hidden gem" or just another Varanasi hotel trying to sound fancy?
Alright, let's be real. I walked in expecting… well, another Varanasi hotel. You know, the kind with the slightly dusty lobby and that faint smell of incense and something else I couldn't quite place. But honestly? Lemon Grass *did* surprise me. It’s not exactly "hidden" – Google Maps knows where it is – but it *is* a bit tucked away, which is a HUGE win considering the chaotic energy of Varanasi. Think of it like finding a perfectly ripe mango on a busy street; a little refuge from the madness. Don't expect a 5-star palace, but for the price, and the location, and the actual quality? Yeah, I'd call it a gem. A slightly imperfect, beautifully shiny gem. Like a slightly chipped Fabergé egg - still pretty darn cool.
Tell me about the location! I'm worried about being too far from the ghats.
Location, location, location! This is where Lemon Grass *really* shines. It's in a quiet(ish) part of Assi Ghat, which is, in my opinion, one of the best ghats. You're talking a ten-minute walk at most to the action. And trust me, you *want* to be near Assi Ghat. It's got this awesome vibe, way less touristy than Dashashwamedh. Plus, the walk *to* the ghats? Gold. You're dodging cows, negotiating with rickshaw drivers (a sport in itself!), and soaking in the sheer, glorious chaos of Varanasi. It's like pre-gaming the ghat excitement. Seriously. Just… be prepared for the *smell*. It’s part of the experience, right? And let’s be honest, you'll get used to it. Mostly.
What about the rooms? Are they clean? (This is a dealbreaker for me.)
Okay, cleaning. The eternal traveller's question! And I'm happy to report… yes. Mostly yes. Look, this isn't a sterile, clinical hospital ward. This is Varanasi. Expect a *little* dust. Expect maybe the occasional adventurous mosquito. But generally, the rooms were clean. The sheets smelled fresh. The bathroom (a crucial point for me) was surprisingly spotless, considering the humidity. My own bathroom back home is less clean! Honestly, for the price, the cleanliness was, dare I say, impressive. I've stayed in far *worse* places and paid more. I would bring those alcohol wipes. Always. But seriously, no major horror stories. Whew.
The food! What's the food situation like at FabHotel Lemon Grass?
Okay, the food. Here's the deal: It's *not* a culinary destination in itself, let's just get that straight. They have a basic restaurant, and breakfast is included. The breakfast? Well… it's… functional. Think toast, maybe some eggs (prepared with varying degrees of success), and some local options. It does the job. It'll fill your belly before you hit the ghats, which, let me tell you, is a *must* because you are gonna be walking, seeing, experiencing. They also serve other meals, but I honestly preferred eating outside. Varanasi is a food paradise, you almost have to. Just step outside the hotel, and BOOM: delicious street food everywhere. Don't be a snob, try the pani puri! You'll thank me later... or maybe regret it. It's a risk worth taking.
Is there Wi-Fi? Because, you know, Instagram.
Yes, there *is* Wi-Fi. But let’s be honest, it’s Varanasi Wi-Fi. Which means… it fluctuates. It might be lightning fast. It might be glacial. It might disappear altogether at the most inconvenient moment, right when you're about to upload that killer photo of the Ganges at sunrise. Prepare for this. Embrace it. Perhaps download some offline entertainment beforehand. Or, even better, *disconnect*. Varanasi is a place that demands your attention. Put down the phone. Look up. Listen. Breathe in the incense and the… everything else. You'll survive without Instagram for a few days.
What about the staff? Are they helpful? Do they speak English?
The staff, ah, the staff! This is where Lemon Grass really shone – in the *human* aspect. They are genuinely nice, and try their absolute best in communicating. They are polite, and the reception is always willing to help. The English is generally good enough for clear communication, and they go the extra mile. They really want you to enjoy Varanasi. They can arrange taxis, offer recommendations, and generally make you feel welcome. There was one guy, I think his name was Rajesh? He was especially awesome, always smiling, and always made sure I had enough chai. (And believe me, you need a lot of chai in Varanasi!) One time, my phone charger broke (disaster!), and he actually helped me find a new one at a local shop. Above and beyond! They aren't perfect, but they are *trying*, and that goes a long way in my book.
Are there any downsides? Be honest!
Okay, the downsides. Firstly, noise. This is Varanasi. Even in a "quiet" area, expect noise. Expect honking. Expect chanting. Expect dogs barking at all hours. That's Varanasi ambiance, deal with it. Secondly, the hot water can be… inconsistent. Sometimes it's gloriously scalding. Sometimes it's lukewarm. Learn to embrace the unpredictable shower. Thirdly, and this is me being super picky, the decor is a little… bland. Functional, yes. Memorable, not so much. It’s not a design masterpiece, but it’s comfortable. And finally - and this is truly nitpicking - the breakfast area. The buffet table could be a bit more tidy, but seriously, for the price? Can't really complain. It’s like the wrinkles on an old, beloved friend – part of the charm, really.
Would you recommend FabHotel Lemon Grass?
Absolutely. Would I go back? Yes, I would. Considering the location, the price, the cleanliness, and the friendly staff, it’s a solid choice. Don't go in expecting perfection, and you won't be disappointed. It's a comfortable, convenient base for exploring the magic – and madness – of Varanasi. It's got a good heart, that hotel. And honestly, after a day of dodging cows and witnessing the burning ghats, all you really want is a clean bed and a decent cup of chai. Lemon Grass deliversTravel Stay Guides

