Escape to Paradise: Tongyeong's Luxurious Elphis36 Pool Villa Awaits!

Tongyeong Saryangdo Elphis36 Poolvilla Tongyeong-si South Korea

Tongyeong Saryangdo Elphis36 Poolvilla Tongyeong-si South Korea

Escape to Paradise: Tongyeong's Luxurious Elphis36 Pool Villa Awaits!

Escape to Paradise: Tongyeong's Luxurious Elphis36 Pool Villa Awaits! - My (Very Honest) Review

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from Elphis36 in Tongyeong, and let me tell you, it's a ride. I’m talking the kind of ride that leaves you sprawled on the sofa, sun-kissed, slightly tipsy (thanks, poolside bar!), and already plotting your return. This isn't your average hotel review, mind you. I’m gonna give it to you real, warts and all. Because travel, just like life, is messy, beautiful, and occasionally hilarious.

First Impressions: The Arrival & Accessibility Woes (and Wins!)

Right off the bat – whew – the views. Seriously, the views. Tongyeong is gorgeous, and Elphis36 leverages that beauty HARD. Think dramatic cliffs, sparkling ocean, and a feeling of utter escape. Getting there, though? Let's just say my GPS and I had a conversation. The hotel is generally accessible, with elevators and thoughtfully designed common areas. BUT (and this is a big but), navigating the villas themselves, especially if you have mobility issues, might present a challenge. There are definitely stairs, and some nooks might be tight. Not a deal-breaker, but something to be aware of. They do offer "Facilities for disabled guests," and the staff are generally very helpful, but a little pre-planning is key here.

Accessibility: The Real Talk - The hotel does an okay job and has elevator access, but I'd want to call them beforehand if I had mobility issues, as the villas themselves have a lot of steps.

The Villa Life: Your Own Private Oasis (Mostly)

We snagged a pool villa. Mmm. That private pool was, without a doubt, the highlight. Imagine: floating, cocktail in hand (thank you, Poolside Bar!), gazing out at the ocean. Pure bliss. The villa itself? Spacious, with everything you could possibly need, from fluffy bathrobes and slippers (yes!) to a coffee/tea maker and free bottled water. I'm talking air conditioning that actually works (a godsend, because Korean summers are no joke), a comfy seating area, and a desk if you must do some work (don't). The extra-long bed was a dream, and the blackout curtains were clutch for those precious extra hours of sleep. And the private bathroom was a modern paradise!

Rooms: Detailed Highlights

  • Air conditioning: Amazing
  • Complimentary tea: Saved me a fortune on the tea!
  • Desk: For the moments when one really has to work.
  • Extra long bed: Never felt so comfy.
  • Free bottled water: Awesome.
  • Hair dryer: Thank goodness!
  • In-room safe box: Peace of mind.
  • Internet access – wireless: Worked most of the time!
  • Private bathroom: A modern Paradise

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Food, Glorious Food… and a Few Imperfections.

Okay, the food. Let’s be honest; this is where things got a little… interesting. The restaurants offer stunning views. Asian cuisine in restaurant was to die for. I devoured the Asian breakfast, an absolute feast of flavors. The buffet in restaurant was a bit hit and miss, with a few dishes that were absolutely fantastic and a few that left me, well, less impressed. The Coffee Shop was a savior for the day.

  • A la carte in restaurant: Perfect!
  • Asian breakfast: Perfection!
  • Breakfast buffet: A bit hit and miss, but worth the effort.
  • Coffee Shop: Awesome.
  • Poolside bar: Incredible!
  • Restaurants: The views are unmatched!

The Spa & Relaxation: My Soul Needed This

Listen, the Spa at Elphis36 is worth the trip alone. I treated myself to a Body scrub and massage, and I swear, I came out a new person. The Sauna and Steamroom were perfect for melting away stress. There's a Fitness center too, if you're feeling ambitious, bless your heart. The Pool with view is a must for some peace.

Ways to relax: detailed

  • Body scrub: heavenly.
  • Fitness center: I didn't go (too much relaxing to do!), but it was there.
  • Massage: The best.
  • Pool with view: Amazing.
  • Sauna: Relaxed, sweating.

Cleanliness & Safety: They're Taking it Seriously

I give them major props for their COVID-era precautions. They had the Hand sanitizer everywhere, and the staff were masked and well-trained. I felt safe throughout my stay. The Rooms sanitized between stays. was a piece of comfort.

Cleanliness and safety: detailed

  • Hand sanitizer: Amazing.
  • Rooms sanitized between stays: Peace of mind.
  • Staff trained in safety protocol: Very careful and kind.

Services & Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter

Elphis36 has a whole range of services, from Daily housekeeping (bless them!) to a Concierge who can help you with everything. Though, I found the Internet access – wireless to be a bit spotty in my villa, which was a pain when I wanted to update my socials. They also have a Gift/souvenir shop and Car park [free of charge] and Car park [on-site], which is awesome if you're driving.

Services and conveniences: detailed

  • Concierge: Super helpful.
  • Daily housekeeping: Yes please.
  • Car park: Free or on-site.

For the Kids (and the Young at Heart):

They have a Babysitting service and are overall Family/child friendly.

For the Kids: detailed

  • Babysitting service: Useful!
  • Family/child friendly: Very welcoming towards children.

Getting Around: Easy-Peasy

Elphis36 offers Airport transfer, which is a lifesaver after a long flight. They also have Taxi service and Car park [free of charge] and Car park [on-site], so getting around is pretty easy.

Getting around: details

  • Airport transfer: Amazing
  • Car park [free of charge]: Good for people with cars.
  • Taxi service: Super convenient.

The Verdict: Should You Go?

Absolutely. Elphis36 isn't perfect – no place is – but the stunning location, the luxurious villas, and the incredible spa make it a truly special experience. It's the kind of place where you can truly Escape to Paradise. The slight accessibility quirks and the occasional food hiccup are easily outweighed by the sheer beauty and relaxation on offer.

Here's my advice:

  • Book a pool villa. You won't regret it.
  • Make reservations in advance for dinner.
  • Embrace the slow pace. This is not a place to rush.
  • Get a massage. Seriously.
  • Enjoy the view. Really, just enjoy it.

SEO Keywords (because, hey, I'm a travel blogger now!): Tongyeong hotels, Elphis36, pool villa, spa, luxury travel, South Korea, accessible hotels, family-friendly hotels, Tongyeong accommodation, romantic getaway, weekend escape, travel review, travel blog, best hotels in Korea.


Ready to Escape to Paradise? Limited-Time Offer!

Tired of the same old grind? Yearning for an escape? Then ditch the routine and embrace the extraordinary! Book your stay at Elphis36 in Tongyeong now and receive:

  • A complimentary bottle of sparkling wine upon arrival: Cheers to your unforgettable getaway!
  • 15% off all spa treatments: Because you deserve to be pampered. (See what I did there?)
  • Complimentary breakfast daily: Fuel your adventures with deliciousness.

But wait, there's more! The first 20 bookings will also receive a curated Tongyeong experience guide. Get insider tips on the best local restaurants, hidden gems, and must-see attractions.

This offer is limited, so don't miss out! Click the link below to book now and start planning your dream getaway!

[Insert Booking Link Here - Make it Clickable!]

Disclaimer: My experiences are based on my personal travel and are subjective. Your own experiences may vary (hopefully, in an even more amazing way!). The hotel is not sponsoring this review. But they should! ;)

Tenerife's Hidden Gem: Coral Compostela Beach Paradise!

Book Now

Tongyeong Saryangdo Elphis36 Poolvilla Tongyeong-si South Korea

Tongyeong Saryangdo Elphis36 Poolvilla Tongyeong-si South Korea

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because you're about to get a real look at my attempt to conquer Saryangdo and the Elphis36 Poolvilla in Tongyeong, South Korea. This isn't some perfectly curated travel brochure – this is the messy, hilarious, and utterly chaotic adventure of yours truly. Let's do this. (And pray for me.)

Day 1: Arrival, Jet Lag, and "Honey, Where's My Passport?" Moments

  • 6:00 AM (Korea time! Brutal): Wake up in a cold sweat. Am I even awake? The pre-travel anxiety dream – the one where I'm arriving at the airport butt-naked and passport-less – is still lingering. Check. Passport. Check. Underwear. Check. (Don't judge, essential!) Coffee is brewing, and the world is a grey, blurred mess outside my window.
  • 7:00 AM: Taxi to Incheon Airport. The driver's blasting trot music. Immediately, I'm a fish out of water, but also kinda loving it.
  • 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM: The flight. Survived! Mostly. The guy next to me was snoring like a chainsaw, and I'm pretty sure I drooled on my own shoulder at some point. The in-flight movie was… well, it was a movie.
  • 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Immigration, baggage claim, and the glorious chaos of trying to navigate a Korean airport after being awake for… well… a really long time. Finding the airport bus for Tongyeong was a minor victory. I’m already envisioning myself as a seasoned travel pro. (Spoiler alert: I'm not.)
  • 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Bus to Tongyeong. The countryside whizzing by is stunning. Honestly, I spent half the time staring out the window, and the other half trying to learn some basic Korean phrases via a very glitchy app. "Annyeonghaseyo" I think, is the only one I got down. Also, the bus has wifi, but it keeps dropping out. The struggle is real.
  • 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Ferry Time! Took public transport to the ferry terminal. And the ferry to Saryangdo Island.
  • 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Finally! Arrive at Saryangdo. The air is suddenly crisp and salty. The view? Unreal. Like, seriously unreal. Worth the jet lag alone. The ferry ride was surprisingly smooth, and I'm already feeling the stress melt away. (Famous last words, right?)
  • 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM: Taxi ride to Elphis36. The driver spoke zero English. Me? Even less Korean. We mostly communicated through frantic hand gestures and the universal language of "Poolvilla?" Which, thankfully, worked.
  • 8:00 PM: CHECK-IN AT ELPHIS36. HOLY. MOLY. The poolvilla. It's even more stunning in person. (And the air conditioning? Pure heaven.) Suddenly, all the travel stress melts away. Worth every penny, every delayed flight, every questionable airport meal. I'm talking, the view, the private pool, THAT BED.
  • 8:30 PM - 9:00 PM: Unpack. Or, more accurately, dump my suitcase. Change into a swimsuit. And immediately jump into the pool. The water is PERFECT. The stars are beginning to show…This is it. I am in Paradise.
  • 9:00 PM -10:00 PM: Dinner. I ordered a basic Korean dish. Fingers crossed it arrives, and is edible. (I’m always nervous about the food! I think I’m a picky eater from a past life.)
  • 10:00 PM - 11:00 PM: Drink wine and try to remember what reality feels like. The pool lights are on. The stars are out. The world is suddenly small and perfect. I am finally starting to feel relaxed
  • 11:00 PM - Whenever my eyelids decide to go dark: Completely pass out. Dreaming of the sea, the sky and the next day.

Day 2: Hike, Seafood, and the Eternal Pursuit of the Perfect Photo

  • 7:00 AM (ish): Wake up. Surprisingly well-rested! Maybe the lack of sleep helped? I look like a raccoon, but hey, it's all part of the adventure.
  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast. Instant noodles and a questionable pastry from the corner store. Don’t judge. It was fuel. Also, amazing coffee from the villa's machine.
  • 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM: The Hike. The one I've been psyching myself up for. Saryangdo's trails are apparently breathtaking. So, I slap on sunscreen, grab my water bottle, and try to forget my fear of heights. This is the moment.
    • 9:30 AM: The ascent begins. And it's steep. Like, "Is this a mountain or a vertical wall of rocks?" steep. I'm sweating. My lungs are burning. I may or may not have muttered a few choice words under my breath.
    • 10:00 AM: A moment of pure, unadulterated panic. I'm pretty sure a tiny bird chirped "Are you sure you're prepared for this?" I consider turning back. But the view… I keep going. Slow and steady.
    • 11:00 AM: Made it to the peak! HOLY COW. The view. It's… well, it's worth it. Completely and utterly breathtaking. The ocean stretches out forever. The islands are like emerald jewels scattered across a turquoise canvas. I take a million photos, trying to capture the sheer epic-ness of it all. (Spoiler alert: photos never quite do it justice.) I feel this amazing mix of achievement, adrenaline, and complete humility in the face of nature.
    • 12:00 PM: The descent. Which turns out to be almost as challenging as the climb. My knees are screaming. I'm pretty sure I tripped over my own feet at least five times. But the view keeps me going.
    • 1:00 PM: Safe back at the poolvilla. Success! I'm pretty sure I deserve a medal (and a nap).
  • 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Lunch. SEAFOOD. I found a little local restaurant near the harbor. Ordered everything. Literally. I try my best Korean. "Annyeonghaseyo… Samgyeopsal, please?" (Wrong word, but I'll figure it out). The fresh caught seafood, grilled to perfection. Unbelievable. I ate until I could barely move. Pure. Bliss. (And, yes, I’m probably going to need a nap after this, as well.)
  • 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Pool Time, Round Two. Floating in the pool, drinking something with a tiny umbrella. Reading a book – the kind of book I’d never read at home, the kind that involves wizards and magic. The salt air and the endless blue are slowly erasing all the leftover city tension. I take a photo every few seconds. (Yes, I am that tourist.) This afternoon is pure, unadulterated, lazy perfection.
  • 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Wandering. I figured I'd take advantage of the last bit of daylight, and walked around the perimeter. I'm taking in every detail. I am loving the quietness of the village.
  • 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM: Dinner. I find another restaurant. Another adventure in ordering. This time, I ask a local for a recommendation. The food is a spicy, delicious, and I feel very happy and well fed!
  • 8:00 PM - Onward: More pool time. More wine. Stargazing. Maybe, maybe, trying to learn a few more Korean phrases. Or maybe just accepting that I'm terrible at languages and embracing the universal language of laughter and pointing. (It seems to work!) I will also try to watch one of the shows that I’ve downloaded. And of course I will
Melbourne's BEST Docklands Waterview 1BR? (Kozyguru Gem!)

Book Now

Tongyeong Saryangdo Elphis36 Poolvilla Tongyeong-si South Korea

Tongyeong Saryangdo Elphis36 Poolvilla Tongyeong-si South KoreaOkay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the Elphis36 pool villa in Tongyeong. Forget the polished press releases, I'm giving you the *real* deal. Because, let's be honest, sometimes the brochure lies.

Elphis36 Pool Villa: The Unfiltered Truth (and Maybe a Few Tears)

Okay, so, is it actually as *luxurious* as they say? Like, does it live up to the hype... or am I about to be disappointed?

Alright, let's get real. "Luxurious" is a word that gets thrown around like confetti at a wedding. Elphis36... yeah, it's *pretty darn* luxurious. Think sleek lines, those floor-to-ceiling windows Instagram dreams are made of, and a private pool that's seriously tempting. However, you have to understand my expectations. After a tiring trip, I'm really anticipating seeing a stunning villa, not just a regular one. And it did meet expectations! The space! the view! it made me feel like i was set for a relaxing time, far off the hustle and bustle. But let's keep our pants on. Luxury doesn't magically erase the fact you still have to unpack.

The *real* litmus test? The morning coffee on the balcony. Sip that, watching the sunrise flood across the sea... and, okay, yeah, that's pretty darn luxurious. (Plus, the coffee machine was actually decent, which is half the battle.)

The Pool: Is it Insta-Worthy or a Disaster?

The pool... oh *sweet, sweet* pool. They aren't kidding -- it is, in fact, the focal point of the Elphis36 experience. It's beautiful, spacious, and the perfect temperature (once I was in, of course. The initial plunge was a bit of a shock, brrr!). Look, I'm not sure if the filter is working properly so I would have to say it is more "insta-worthy" than "disaster," although i'm still not the best photographer. My pictures were, uh, definitely not as glamorous as the ones on the website. But hey, in person, the pool really is something. I spent hours just floating, staring at the clouds, and feeling my shoulders start to unclench. Seriously, the pressure of emails and the to-do lists just...melted away.

Pro-tip: Don't forget the sunscreen. I learned that lesson the hard way. Think lobster... or maybe more like a really angry, red lobster.

What about the View? Does it actually look like the pictures?

Okay, confession time: I'm a sucker for a good view. And the Elphis36 delivers. The website boasted panoramic ocean views, and, surprisingly, it wasn't a total lie. You're perched high up, overlooking the sea, and the islands dotted around Tongyeong. The pictures? They're good, but they don't *quite* capture the magic. Watching the fishing boats bob on the water at sunset... absolute bliss.

The *only* minor gripe? I did have to crane my neck a little to see the really dramatic sunsets from my particular villa. But let's be real, I'm not complaining about needing to move my head!

Are there any annoying things about the villa? The *honest* truth, now!

Alright, no place is perfect. The little things... Well, that's a good question. I did find myself thinking about how the air conditioning in the bedroom was a bit noisy. And then there was the time I locked myself on the balcony - that was NOT fun! But let me emphasize how much these little inconveniences don't really matter. The whole point of a vacation is to get away, to make room for fun, which I did.

Food! Is there a kitchen? Should I bring groceries or eat out?

Yes, there's a kitchen. It's well-equipped, modern, and inviting. I actually spent the better part of my first afternoon staring at everything, thinking about what to cook. My attempt at cooking a fancy Korean dish? Let's just say, my attempt at "gourmet" resulted in a slightly burnt dinner.

So, my advice? Mix. Grocery shop for breakfast and snacks (hello, fresh fruit and coffee!), but definitely eat out. Tongyeong has some incredible seafood restaurants, and you don't want to miss out on the local flavors. There is so much to explore!

Okay, spill the tea. Would you go back?

Ugh. That is a tough one. Part of me wants to go back *right now*. The other part of me… well, the other part of me is already planning it. Seriously, for a stressful week, the Elphis36 was a total lifesaver!

The downsides? I was really missing my dog! The little things that bugged me, like the loud AC, disappeared in the experience. No regrets!

Any secret tips or things to know *before* you go?

Okay, a few quick ones:

  • Pack earplugs: Just in case the AC bothers you.
  • Bring a good book: You'll have plenty of time to read.
  • Download a Korean translation app: Just in case, especially when you go off exploring.
  • Book early: These villas are popular, and for good reason!
What else is there to do in Tongyeong, other than… you know… *lie by the pool*?

Okay, other than perfecting my tan while lounging in the pool, Tongyeong has plenty to offer. I took a boat trip to see the Hallyeohaesang National Park, which was gorgeous (and surprisingly not seasickness-inducing!). The cable car up Mireuksan Mountain is a must-do for incredible views. And don't miss the Chungmu Kimchi! (A.k.a. Korean heaven)

Truth be told, a few days just chilling at the villa *is* enough. But it's nice to have other options.

The Price Tag: Worth It?

Alright, we're talking real money here. Elphis36 is not cheap. Is it worth it? That depends on your budget and priorities. If you're looking for a truly special, relaxing getaway and you don't mind treating yourself, then, yes, it's absolutely worth it. Seriously. The memories I made will last far longer than the money I spent. I mean, the *pool*! And the chance to just...breathe. Worth every darn penny (and probably more).

But if you're pinching pennies, thereHotelish

Tongyeong Saryangdo Elphis36 Poolvilla Tongyeong-si South Korea

Tongyeong Saryangdo Elphis36 Poolvilla Tongyeong-si South Korea

Tongyeong Saryangdo Elphis36 Poolvilla Tongyeong-si South Korea

Tongyeong Saryangdo Elphis36 Poolvilla Tongyeong-si South Korea