Johannesburg Penthouse: 2 Beds, SpecTACULAR Views! (South Africa)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive HEADFIRST into the glittering, slightly chaotic world of the Johannesburg Penthouse: 2 Beds, SpecTACULAR Views! and let me tell you, it's…a journey. I'm not gonna lie, this review is gonna be less a pristine brochure and more a rambling, caffeine-fueled diary entry. Let’s go, shall we?
Johannesburg Penthouse: 2 Beds, SpecTACULAR Views! – A Reality Check (and a Whole Lot of Luxury)
First off, the views. The name isn't kidding. SpecTACULAR? Yeah, nailed it. Picture this: you're chilling on the balcony, maybe nursing a cocktail (more on the bar situation later!), sunshine blazing down, and Joburg sprawled before you like a glistening, concrete…thing of beauty. Seriously, jaw-dropping. I'm talking "Instagram-worthy every five seconds" kind of views. And for a city notorious for its… well, let’s just say not always being the most picturesque, this penthouse elevates the experience.
Accessibility? I'm not an expert, so I can't give you a deep dive on specific wheelchair access details. They do boast “Facilities for disabled guests” and an "elevator," which is a HUGE plus. Crucially, and I can't stress this enough, check directly with the hotel for concrete details. Don’t rely on my messy ramblings for this. Call them. Seriously.
Internet - The Lifeline of the Modern Traveler: Okay, let’s talk connectivity. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! YES! And it actually works. Praise be! I'm someone who absolutely needs internet, and I loathe paying extra for the privilege. The website states "Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet services, Wi-Fi in public areas". Honestly, I can't say I fiddled with any LAN cables. But the Wi-Fi was fast, reliable, and crucial for everything from research for my travel journal to streaming cat videos. (Don’t judge. We all need it.)
Dining, Drinking, and Surviving: Now we get down to business. Food, glorious food. Alright. Here's the breakdown. I'm seeing a lot of options on paper: "A la carte in restaurant," "Asian cuisine," a "Bar," "Breakfast [buffet]," "Coffee shop," "Restaurants," "Snack bar," and even a "Vegetarian restaurant." This is VERY encouraging. But… here's where things get a little… fuzzy.
- The breakfast buffet, the classic hotel starting point, was…eh. It was there. Edible. Not the stuff of legends but it ticked the boxes. I wasn't blown away, but I didn't starve. Look, I'm a simple man. Coffee, some fruit, maybe a pastry if I'm feeling adventurous. They provided.
- The restaurant situation is more interesting. There's supposedly "International cuisine" on offer, but I'd recommend checking what's actually available when you are there. Menu's change, chefs leave – life happens.
- The Poolside Bar is a MUST. Lounging, cocktail in hand, soaking up those views? Pure heaven.
Relaxation Station: This is where the penthouse really shines. They’ve got the goods!
- Swimming Pool, Pool with View: Yes and YES. Infinity pool, city views, what more do you want? Well… maybe a bar nearby, which, surprise, surprise, they also have!
- Fitness Center: They've got one. I intended to go. I swear I packed my gym gear. But you know… views, cocktails… it didn't quite happen.
- Spa/Sauna/Steamroom: Now we're talking. This is where I actually did spend some time. Massages, steam rooms, the whole shebang. The spa was a tranquil oasis, and was exactly what you need after a long day traipsing around Joburg.
Cleanliness, Safety, and the Subtle Art of Not Getting Robbed: This is VITAL. Here's where they seem to be going the extra mile.
- Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Rooms sanitized between stays, Staff trained in safety protocol: This is hugely reassuring. In the current climate, it's essential.
- Hand sanitizer everywhere. Excellent.
- CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Front desk [24-hour], Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms, Fire extinguisher: These are all the things that contribute to peace of mind.
Rooms, Rooms, Glorious Rooms: Let's get down to the nitty-gritty of the living space.
- The views, again. I will never tire of mentioning the views.
- Air conditioning: Essential for a Jo'burg summer.
- Air conditioning in public area: Also essential.
- Blackout curtains: Bless them. Sleep is important.
- Coffee/tea maker: Hallelujah! The most important thing in the universe, possibly.
- Hair dryer: A necessity. Nobody likes frizzy hair.
- In-room safe box: For your valuables.
- Internet access – wireless, Wi-Fi [free]: Did I mention the Wi-Fi was good?
- Mini bar: Always a bonus.
- Separate shower/bathtub: Luxury!
- Wake-up service: I never use them, but they are there.
- Desk, Laptop workspace: good for working or making notes on your chaotic travel journal.
Things to Do & Getting Around:
- Airport transfer: YES! So convenient.
- Taxi service: Also good to know.
- Car park [on-site], Car park [free of charge]: Parking in Joburg can be a pain. Free parking is a win.
- Concierge: Helpful.
Services & Conveniences: Oh, the little things…
- Doorman: Makes everything feel fancier, for some reason.
- Daily housekeeping: Yes please!
- Laundry service & Ironing service: Practical!
For the Kids (and the Kid in You): While I don't have any kids, their "Family/child friendly" designation, and "Babysitting service" suggest they go the extra mile for the little ones. Check the details if you are travelling with your offspring but, in a city like Joburg, this is appreciated.
The Imperfections:
- The breakfast buffet. I wasn't completely dazzled. Room for improvement.
- The "soundproof rooms" could be better. I could occasionally hear the distant sounds of the city. Not a dealbreaker, however.
- I had hoped for a couple's room, but I got only one.
The Bottom Line: The "I'm Booking This Now" Moment (or, Why You Should Stay Here)
Look, this isn't a perfect hotel. No hotel is. But the Johannesburg Penthouse: 2 Beds, SpecTACULAR Views! has the potential to be an absolutely fantastic experience. The views alone are worth the price of admission, especially for those who want a taste of Joburg with a touch of glamor. Its great as a base for exploring the city, relaxing and enjoying the hotel's amenities.
Here’s my "Book It Now" pitch:
Stop scrolling! Your Joburg Adventure Starts Here!
Tired of boring hotel rooms? Craving a getaway that's both exciting and relaxing? Then ditch your boring hotel search and imagine this:
Picture yourself waking up to Breathtaking Panoramic Views of Johannesburg from a stylish penthouse. Imagine sipping a handcrafted cocktail at an infinity pool with a view as the sun dips below the horizon. Imagine the chaos of the city below, and the peace and comfort of your room.
This isn't a dream. It's the Johannesburg Penthouse: 2 Beds, SpecTACULAR Views! - your home base for unforgettable experiences. You can spend the day exploring vibrant markets, historical landmarks, and buzzing nightlife. Then return to your exclusive oasis to unwind in our world-class spa (massage, anyone?), enjoy delicious dining options, and soak in the city's energy.
Here's what makes us different:
- Jaw-dropping views that'll make your Instagram followers jealous.
- A prime location, close to everything Joburg has to offer.
- Amenities designed for pure relaxation: from a sparkling pool and rejuvenating spa to a well-equipped fitness center.
- Unmatched peace of mind: with top-notch cleaning, security, and service.
Stop hesitating! Because for a limited time, book your stay at the Johannesburg Penthouse: 2 Beds, SpecTACULAR Views! and receive a complimentary upgrade (subject to availability) and a welcome bottle of South African wine!
**Don't miss out on this opportunity to experience Joburg like never before. Click the link below to book your escape and prepare for an adventure you'll never forget!
Escape to Chattanooga: Your Perfect South Ringgold Quality Inn Awaits!
Okay, buckle up, buttercup, because this isn't your grandma's meticulously planned itinerary. We're diving headfirst into Johannesburg, straight from a spectacular two-bedroom penthouse – the dream. Consider this less a schedule, more a loose suggestion with a healthy dose of chaos. Let’s get this show on the road!
Day 1: Arrival (and Attempting to Adult)
- Morning (Chaos ensues): Landing in Jozi. Ugh, flights. They always make me feel like a crumpled newspaper. The airport's that weird mix of gleaming modernity and a faint whiff of something… well, "African adventure." (translation: I’m not sure what I’m smelling). Finding the transfer to the penthouse – thank GOODNESS it's pre-booked. I'm already halfway to a mental breakdown from the flight.
- Afternoon (Penthouse Nirvana…and the Dreaded Groceries): Holy moly. The penthouse. I knew it would be nice, but… spectacular is an understatement. Sunlight flooding those massive windows, city sprawling beneath me like a Lego set, the furniture… chef’s kiss. Right, adulting time. Grocery store. I'm a disaster in the supermarket. I always forget the damn reusable bags. I end up buying way too many snacks - because, you know, adventure.
- Evening (Sundowners and…Regret?): Sunset on the balcony. The sky explodes with color. Unbelievable. Swapped the city view for a better one. Crack open a bottle of South African wine (bought at said grocery store). Feeling smug. This is living, right? Then comes the existential dread of realizing I haven’t actually done anything productive all day. Oh well. Another glass of wine, and I’m good.
Day 2: Digging Deep (and My Crappy Sense of Direction)
- Morning (Cultural Immersion…and the Unexpected): Attempt to hit the Apartheid Museum. I’ve heard it's…intense. I'm expecting to feel. Something. Get utterly lost, of course. My navigation skills are non-existent. Finally! Get there. The museum is…powerful. Heartbreaking. Moving. I'm almost in tears, and I’m not the crying type. Wow. I need a stiff drink (or at least some water).
- Afternoon (Street Food…AND a Catastrophe?): Time for the Maboneng Precinct. Cool, trendy, street art, supposedly delicious food. I grab a bunny chow. It’s…messy. I am not a graceful eater. A seagull (I think it was) steals a chunk of my bunny chow. Seriously. A bird just robbed me. Angry stomach, devastated.
- Evening (Back to the Penthouse…and the Unending City Lights): Soothe my bruised ego with a takeaway pizza and watch the city lights glimmer. From the penthouse, Johannesburg sparkles. It's both overwhelming and captivating. I'm starting to understand why people fall in love with this city. A quiet resolve settles over me: I'm going to conquer this city. Tomorrow.
Day 3: Gold & Gamble (and the Joy of Spontaneity):
- Morning (Gold Reef City…and Rollercoaster Regret): Gold Reef City. Supposed to be a historical theme park. I had visions of old time-y gold-panning and learning about Johannesburg’s past. Instead I end up on a ridiculously scary rollercoaster. I screamed like a banshee and almost wet myself. It's thrilling, terrifying, and everything I didn't sign up for.
- Afternoon (Johannesburg Casino…the good and the bad): Feeling reckless after surviving the rollercoaster. Decide to gamble. I know, I know. Bad idea. Lost a small fortune. But it was fun. It was also a lesson in self-control. (Which I'm rubbish at).
- Evening (Dinner and…Overthinking): Dine out at a nice restaurant. I’m still jittery from the casino, and now I'm thinking that sentence about the universe. Dinner gets cold, and the wine does nothing to help my mood. This city is awesome, this trip is awesome, I am just a complex bundle of emotions.
Day 4: Into the Wild (and Almost Getting Lost Again):
- Morning (Lion and Safari…and The Most Beautiful Sight): Safari! This is the thing I'm looking forward to most. Pilanesberg National Park. Drive, drive, drive. The safari is spectacular. Elephants, giraffes, lions (sleeping, thankfully). The sheer beauty of the African landscape. I see a lion and it's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. For some reason, I burst into tears again. (Maybe it's the wine).
- Afternoon (Shopping…and Another Navigation Failure): Rosebank Sunday Market. Handicrafts, food, the works. Get thoroughly lost trying to find it, end up in a random parking lot. Finally get there. Buy way too many souvenirs and a ridiculous hat.
- Evening (The Last Sunset…and a Bittersweet Goodbye): Final sundowner on the penthouse balcony. The city looks different now, somehow. I get it. The contradictions, the grit, the beauty…it’s all there. Johannesburg is a lot. A LOT. And I’m probably going to miss it.
Day 5: Departure (and the Promise of a Return)
- Morning (packing…and the lingering smell of adventure): Pack. The most dreaded part of any trip. Try to fit all the souvenirs into my luggage. Fail. The penthouse smells vaguely of sunscreen, wine, and…adventure.
- Afternoon (Airport…and the inevitable chaos): Flight back home. The airport is an organized mess, in perfect harmony with the rest of the trip.
- Evening (Reflection…and Planning the Next Adventure): On the flight, I scroll through my photos. The highs, the lows, the bunny chow incident. Johannesburg, you beauty. I'm out, but I WILL be back.
This is just a suggestion, of course. Feel free to deviate. Get lost. Embrace the chaos. Johannesburg is a city that demands it. And remember – never trust a bird with your lunch.
Thomasville Getaway: Unbeatable Holiday Inn Express Deals!
Okay, seriously, those views... are they *actually* spectacular? Like, Instagram-worthy, jaw-dropping spectacular? I'm skeptical.
Look, let me be brutally honest. Before I saw this place, I was a cynical, jaded Joburg resident. I'd seen "views" promised on listings before, only to find myself staring at...well, more buildings. But this? This is different. First time I walked in, I literally gasped. GASPED. And I'm not even a 'gasper'! My friend Sarah, notorious for her underwhelmed reactions? She was silent for a full 10 minutes, just staring. I think she even teared up, which, knowing Sarah, is practically a religious experience. So yeah, they’re spectacular. Forget Instagram, you'll be too busy just... existing in the moment. You can see all the way to the Magaliesberg mountains on a clear day. It’s bonkers. It's like living inside a postcard, except the postcard actually moves and breathes. And yeah, I have the Insta pics to prove it. Don't judge.
Two bedrooms... can it fit a family? My kids are... well, they're goblins.
Two bedrooms, yeah. Family? Potentially. Goblins? Okay, let's assess. Size: The main bedroom is generous, so you might *just* be able to squeeze a crib in. The second bedroom, though, might be a squeeze. My advice? Bring your goblins to the viewing. See if they can be contained – in the most loving sense, of course – and whether they'd start World War III over the available space. Because let's be real, kids are miniature dictators. Maybe the balcony becomes their designated goblin play space? Or maybe... maybe it's a good excuse to finally get the goblins a new hobby, like birdwatching. Never know!
What about the parking? I've tried to park in Joburg before, it's a nightmare. Is there secure parking?
Parking in Joburg, a daily battle. This place *does* have secure parking. Praise be! Look, I value my sanity and my car more than words can express. The thought of scraping for a spot, or worse, finding my car missing, is just... ugh. Secure parking is non-negotiable. Check with the listing agent for the specifics (number of bays, security measures, etc...) But yes, thankfully, you can keep the horrors of Joburg parking at bay. Thank goodness.
Is it noisy? City living, you know...
Noise... that's the city life conundrum, isn't it? Look, it *is* a penthouse. It's up high. That *should* help buffer some of the street noise. But you’re still in the city. You’re going to hear *something*. Sirens are part of the soundtrack of Jozi life, sadly, along with the daily kkkkkrrrrrrr of the railway line. (I love a good train, don't get me wrong, but the noise!) Ask the agent about street noise specifically, and if the windows are double-glazed because THAT makes a world of difference. Some people love city noise, some hate it. Personally? I find that after two weeks I just filter most of it out, but be prepared for some degree if you need to be a perfect silence kind of person.
What's the vibe of the building/area? Is it safe? (Real talk.)
Real talk. Okay. The vibe? Depends on the area. Some buildings are all sleek and modern with a lot of security, others are more... eclectic, with a lot of history, AND security. The surroundings, the area itself, is KEY. Crime is a reality in Joburg. Get the lowdown on the specific location from the estate agent, check out neighbourhood watch groups (they’re your friends), and do your own digging. Don’t be afraid to ask tough questions. And, I'm not going to lie, after living in a place for a bit you kind of get a feel for the "safe" zones, the "probably-okay" zones, and the "nah, hard pass" zones. Do *your* research, though. Don't take my word for it! Safety first – always. Then the views after.
Is there a balcony? Because a view without a balcony is just...an insult.
BALCONY. YES. Please, let there be a balcony. A spacious balcony where you can sit and contemplate the majesty of the sunrise (or, more realistically, nurse a very large coffee while trying to remember what day it is). The listing *should* specify the size. If it doesn't, ask! A good balcony is essential. A bad balcony – small, cramped... a tragedy. It's where the magic happens. The morning coffees, the sundowners, the quiet moments of self-reflection when you're desperately trying not to panic about that deadline. A balcony is non-negotiable.
What's the kitchen like? I love cooking, I need to know if it's functional!
The kitchen... ah, the heart of the home. Is it a cramped, soul-crushing box? Or a light-filled haven perfectly designed for culinary creativity? Check the pictures closely. Is there counter space? (Important!). Is there lots of cupboard space? (Also important!). Are the appliances modern? (Bonus points!). I’m a cook myself, and the kitchen *matters*. The last place I lived in had a kitchen that resembled a dungeon. It was dark, cramped, and utterly depressing to cook in. I spent more time battling the space than I did enjoying my food. Don't make the same mistake I did! Inspect the kitchen closely, ask all the questions about the appliances (is there an oven? A dishwasher? Two ovens? God bless!), and make sure it suits your cooking style. Your sanity (and your food) will thank you. Remember that you can always renovate the kitchen to suit your needs, if other factors of the apartment are perfect.
Are pets allowed? My furry overlords need their space (and a view!)
Pets! The most important question of all! Absolutely, positively, one of the most crucial questions. Ask the agent ASAP. Some buildings are pet-friendly, some are not. If you're a pet person, this is non-negotiable. My cat, Bartholomew, is a fluffy, four-legged deity, and his happiness is paramount. The thought of him being denied his rightful place in the pantheon of panoramic views... unbearable. If pets *are* allowed, check the building rules. Are there restrictions on breed or size? Are there designated pet walking areas? You don't want any surprises. Prepare to fight for your furry friend's right to a spectacular view, just like you.
Searchotel

