Luxury Miami Getaway: Doral Mall Residence Inn Awaits!
Luxury Miami Getaway: Doral Mall Residence Inn Awaits! - Hold on, Let Me Tell You About This Place… (Seriously, I Need To)
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because I just got back from a stay at the Residence Inn Doral Mall, and I’m still mentally unpacking. This isn't your grandma's hotel review; this is the raw, unfiltered, and potentially slightly chaotic truth. So, you know, grab a coffee (or a strong drink, no judgment) and let's dive in. I’m talking Luxury Miami Getaway here, remember? Expectations, high. Reality? Well, let’s just say it was a rollercoaster with some unexpected loops and maybe a few… um… minor bumps.
The Good Bits (Because, Let's Be Honest, There Were Good Bits!)
First off, the location. Doral? Right next to the Dolphin Mall. Shopping heaven! I, a self-confessed shopaholic, was already giddy. And, yeah, the "Luxury Miami Getaway" title wasn’t entirely off-base. It felt pretty luxurious when I first walked in. Think clean lines, modern decor, and… air conditioning. Sweet, sweet, air conditioning. Miami heat, you see. It's a beast.
Accessibility & Getting Around: Smooth Sailing (Mostly)
Right, so, Accessibility. They’re pretty good. Facilities for disabled guests are definitely available, which is a massive plus. The elevator worked perfectly (thank goodness!), and I noticed things like ramps and accessible rooms. Now, I don’t personally need those things, but I ALWAYS appreciate when a place caters to everyone. Airport transfer? Yep, they can hook you up. Taxi service too. And the car park [free of charge] was a lifesaver. Miami parking? Nightmare fuel. This was a win! The car park [on-site] had plenty of spaces and seemed fairly well-lit, which is always a bonus when you’re fumbling with your keys at midnight, trying to avoid the… well, Miami night critters.
Internet - The Lifeline (and Sometimes the Headache)
Okay, let's talk Internet. This is where things get… interesting. The free Wi-Fi in all rooms! – music to my ears. I'm a writer, a social media addict, and a general internet sponge. I NEED Wi-Fi. And, for the most part, it performed admirably. However, there were those moments. You know the ones. The buffering, the drop-outs, the sudden urge to throw your laptop out the window. Luckily, I didn't quite get to that point. They also had Internet access – LAN in the rooms, which, let's be honest, who still uses that? Internet services were available, but I stuck with the Wi-Fi because, well, cables… bleh. Wi-Fi in public areas was also available, but I mostly stayed glued to my room's Wi-Fi.
The Room: My Fortress (Mostly)
The rooms themselves? Pretty darn good. Super clean, modern, and comfortable. Seriously, the air conditioning was a godsend. The beds? Ah, the beds. Heaven. I'm a sucker for a good bed, and this one delivered. The extra long bed was perfect for my… um… sprawling sleeping style. The closet was spacious, the safe box gave me peace of mind, (I had some very important receipts!), and the desk was perfect for pretending to work while simultaneously watching Netflix.
Let's get into the nitty-gritty. I love having a proper desk to work at, and this one delivered. Oh, and the coffee/tea maker? Essential. I’m a caffeine fiend, and the ability to brew my own coffee first thing in the morning? That’s a win. Refrigerator? Check. The mini bar was stocked, maybe a little too stocked, but hey, options, right? And the in-room safe box was great, not that I had anything super valuable to keep in it, but still. I also loved the blackout curtains, which is crucial for anyone who has a slight aversion to sunlight, like myself. The non-smoking rooms were a bonus – thank heavens for that.
But… The Bathroom
Okay, here's where the cracks started to show. The bathroom? Perfectly functional, don’t get me wrong, but… it felt a little… stock. The shower pressure was a little weak, and the water temperature fluctuated a bit. Now, this is me being nitpicky, I know, but for a "Luxury Miami Getaway"? I was hoping for a little more… oomph. I did love the fresh, clean towels, though.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: The Food Adventure (with a Side of Confusion)
The food situation was… a mixed bag, to put it mildly. The buffet in restaurant was okay - standard hotel buffet fare. I mean, I ate my fill, certainly. The breakfast service was decent – they had the usual suspects: eggs, bacon, pastries… The breakfast [buffet] was… well, it was there. I may, or may not have been lured in by the promise of a Western breakfast.
But I did have some AMAZING coffee/tea in restaurant, that was a win. And they had a snack bar, which was great for late-night cravings. There was also a poolside bar, which sounded amazing but, I'll get to that, shall I? The restaurants themselves offered a A la carte in restaurant service.
On-site accessible restaurants / lounges? I didn't notice them, but maybe I missed them.
Things to Do (and What I Actually Did): The Quest for Relaxation
Okay, here’s where the “Luxury” promised started to feel a little… thin. The listing boasts a Fitness center, a Gym/fitness, a Sauna, a Spa, Spa/Sauna, and even a Steamroom. Sounds amazing, right? Well, I did find the Gym/fitness, which was relatively clean and adequately equipped. I even managed to force myself to use it once. The pool with view? Yes, technically. The view was… the parking lot. It wasn’t horrible, but it wasn’t exactly the postcard-perfect luxury I was envisioning. I mean, Swimming pool yes. Pretty? Well… let’s move on.
I did attempt to find the Spa. I wandered around for a good ten minutes trying to locate it, feeling like I was in some kind of weird real-life scavenger hunt. Finally, I gave up. No Spa. No joy. No Body scrub, no Body wrap, and definitely no Foot bath. I’m going to be honest; I was slightly disappointed. I'd been dreaming of a luxurious spa day, and, well…
Cleanliness and Safety: The Sanitization Shuffle
Look, in the age of, you know, everything, Cleanliness and safety are paramount. The Residence Inn actually did a pretty good job. I saw evidence of their efforts at Anti-viral cleaning products, and staff clearly appeared to be following Staff trained in safety protocol. There were hand sanitizers EVERYWHERE. Daily disinfection in common areas was visible. The room itself was spotless, which included the Daily housekeeping.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: The Food Adventure (with a Side of Confusion) [reprise]
Now, you'd think with all the "luxury" talk and the Miami setting, the food would be a highlight. But, like an erratic Miami traffic, it was a mixed bag.
What they did have going for them was the 24 hour Room service. They had a menu with desserts in restaurant, Salad in restaurant, and even Coffee/tea in restaurant. And the Poolside bar? Well, it was there, and the drinks… they were drinks.
Services and Conveniences: The Practical Stuff
They have some of the usual amenities, such as the Cash withdrawal, Laundry service and even a Concierge. I took advantage of the Daily housekeeping, as, let's face it, I'm a bit of a slob. They even had a Dry cleaning service. I think they had the Business facilities for the professionals.
For The Kids
They have Family/child friendly facilities, but I didn't get to see any For the kids: I didn't see any Kids facilities, or Babysitting service.
Final Verdict: Worth It? (Maybe, with a Few Caveats)
So, would I recommend the Residence Inn Doral Mall? Hmm… Well, it depends on your expectations. If you're looking for a truly opulent, over-the-top "Luxury Miami Getaway," you might be a little disappointed. However, if you're after a clean, comfortable, and conveniently located hotel with decent amenities and reasonable prices, then yeah, absolutely. The location is fantastic (hello, shopping!), the rooms are generally
Escape to Paradise: Onduri Lodge, Your Etosha National Park Oasis
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's perfectly-ironed travel itinerary. We're going to Miami, baby! And we're staying at the Residence Inn Doral Mall Area. Let's see if we survive this… and maybe get a tan.
Miami Meandering: A Residence Inn Doral Mall Area Odyssey (and likely, a disaster)
Day 1: Arrival and Existential Questions at the Pool
Morning (ish, because jet lag is a BITCH): Touchdown in Miami! Okay, first of all, the humidity. It’s like walking into a warm, wet hug from a thousand sweaty strangers. Check-in at the Residence Inn. Okay, lobby's not bad. Kind of… beige. Beige is safe, right? Because after a 5-hour flight, I'm all about safe. The room looks clean. Let's hope. (Side Note: I always immediately check under the bed. You never know what horrors lurk there. Found a rogue sock once in a Vegas hotel. Never forget.)
Afternoon: Poolside Panic & Taco Triumph: Found the pool! (Yay!) Also found…an alarming number of Speedos. Okay, Miami, you're officially living up to your reputation. Sat down on a lounger, squinting at the sun, and immediately started experiencing a full-blown existential crisis. "What am I doing with my life? Did I pack the right sunscreen? Am I really cut out for this Florida thing?" The answer to all of these is a resounding "I have no idea." But at least there's a pool. AND, even better, I learned (via some Googling) there's a fantastic taco truck a few blocks away called "Taco Loco." This place is legendary! The carne asada was divine. I almost cried.
Evening: Settling In (and a Potential Cockroach Encounter?): Back at the hotel. Showered (needed). Now, I'm trying to plan tomorrow, and honestly, it all seems exhausting. Maybe I should just order room service (if there is any!) and watch bad reality TV. Wait… did I just see something scurry across the bathroom floor? Is that… a cockroach? NOOOOO! Okay, deep breaths. Maybe it was a rogue crumb from my taco feast. Okay, I'm definitely investing in some bug spray tomorrow. Also, maybe I'll order a very large pizza. Comfort food is essential when facing potential pestilence.
Day 2: Mall Mayhem and Beach Blunders
Morning: Mall-ing of America: Alright, Doral Mall. It's big. Really big. Like, "lose-your-friends-and-question-your-life-choices" big. Spent a couple of hours wandering aimlessly looking for… something. Clothes? Souvenirs? Enlightenment? Found overpriced sunglasses and a questionable-looking pretzel. I think I'm out of my element. I need to be in a museum!
Afternoon: Beach Bound…and Beached: Okay, I was determined to have a beach day. Miami Beach, here I come! Traffic was hideous. The air conditioning in the rental car was barely working. I'm starting to sweat again. Finally, I got there! The ocean looked beautiful… from afar. But when I got closer, the sand was hot, the waves were… well, they were there, and I forgot my sunscreen. Disaster! After 45 minutes, I was itching, sunburned, sandy, and deeply regretting my life choices. Ran back to the car, defeated.
Evening: Restaurant Roulette and a Mild Meltdown: I drove back to the local Restaurants. I thought a nice seafood dinner would salvage the day. Found a place with good reviews online. It looked promising. The service was slow (shocking), the food was…meh. And the margarita? Tasted suspiciously like dish soap. At the end of all that I was nearly alone to a table for none while I was waiting the bill, started to get a little bit more tired and a little more cranky. I was not ready for more Miami.
Day 3: Art and Adventures (Maybe, if I Can Be Bothered)
Morning: Sleep-in and Regrets: Slept in! Finally! Okay, maybe I could have seen a tourist site, but I got so much sleep! After all the exhaustion of the first two days, the most important thing was sleep. I did wake up, though, with a sudden craving for a really excellent coffee, and that I got.
Afternoon: The Art Deco District (or, at least, an Attempt): Armed with a new pep in my step (and a better sense of humor), I decided to try and take in some culture. Took a tour of the Art Deco District. The buildings were pretty, I guess. I found it a bit confusing, honestly. I just enjoyed the nice air conditioning inside the bus. So, technically, I saw it. Sort of.
Evening: Packing, Contemplating, and Farewell Pizza: The dreaded packing begins. I'm definitely leaving with more dirty clothes than I arrived, sunburnt skin, and a questionable number of credit card receipts. I don't want to be leaving, but on the other hand… I'm not sure I could make it through any more experiences. Tomorrow I will head back home. I still have time to order that pizza though. Yes, the exact same pizza I had yesterday!
Final Thoughts: Miami, You Weird, Wonderful, and Occasionally Terrifying Place
Okay, let’s call this trip a “mixed bag.” The Residence Inn was… a place to sleep. The city was… well, it's Miami. It's loud, it's colorful, it's bizarre, and, in my experience, it's a magnet for sunburn and existential angst. But hey, at least the tacos were good. And I survived. Maybe I’ll be back. Maybe I need to work on my Miami game. Either way, I'm going home and taking a long nap. Hasta la vista, Miami! Consider this itinerary a "suggested adventure". Adjust to your personal needs and preferences. I know I did.
Kariba's Hornbill Lodge: Unforgettable Zimbabwe Safari Awaits!

