Unbelievable Hotel Aris Methoni: Your Dream Greek Getaway Awaits!

Hotel Aris Methoni (Messenia) Greece

Hotel Aris Methoni (Messenia) Greece

Unbelievable Hotel Aris Methoni: Your Dream Greek Getaway Awaits!

Unbelievable Hotel Aris Methoni: My Dream Greek Getaway? Well…

Alright, listen up, fellow travelers! I just got back from Unbelievable Hotel Aris Methoni, and let me tell you, it's… an experience. Honestly, writing this review is like trying to untangle a ball of yarn that's also covered in olive oil. So here goes, my attempt to make sense of this Greek adventure.

First Impressions (and the Elevator):

Okay, "Unbelievable" is a bold claim, right? Let's get this straight: Methoni itself is GORGEOUS. The hotel, positioned a stone's throw from the castle and the sea, immediately gets points for location. The exterior? Classic Mediterranean charm. Think whitewashed walls, terracotta roofs, the whole shebang.

Accessibility: Now, this is where things get a little… complicated. The hotel says it has facilities for disabled guests. The elevator, bless its heart, is there. But navigating some areas, especially around the pool and towards the beach access, felt a bit… uneven. Ramps are present, but some are more “suggested” than fully functional. Accessibility wasn't super smooth, so if you really need perfect wheelchair access, definitely call ahead and clarify the specifics. It's worth it to find the hidden gems in the beach access and areas.

Rambling on Rooms: Your Sanctuary (maybe?):

My room? Ah, my room. Let's just say it was a comfortable cocoon. Air conditioning was a godsend (this is Greece, people, you NEED it), and the blackout curtains were clutch for those glorious, late sleeps after you are out all night. The in-room safe box was a nice touch, because you gotta be safe right? There was a desk for working (if you must), a mini-bar stocked with goodies and a coffee/tea maker (essential). Honestly, I loved the complimentary tea selection (you already know I'm a sucker for that). The free Wi-Fi in the room was a lifesaver. Also having a window that opens is important because you need some fresh air.

The bathrooms? Decently sized, with a bathtub or a separate shower/bathtub (mine was a shower, thank god I'm not a fussy bath person). Towels, bathrobes, and slippers? Check, check, and check. They even had a hair dryer (for those of us who didn't pack one like a fool.) You will appreciate additional toilet because you know, sometimes you just need it. Now, there's something called an extra long bed which I really don't understand because I'm quite content with my bed.

BUT…

The soundproofing? Hmm. Let's just say I got very familiar with the daily routines of my neighbors. I could hear the guy next door snore from 3 rooms away and their alarm clocks were brutal in the morning. So if you're a light sleeper, earplugs are your friends. Honestly, the walls were thinner than Greek yogurt. Also, the mirror was a good size, but the lighting wasn't the greatest for doing your make-up. I wish I had a proper reading light because I like to read.

Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Secure-ish

The hotel takes cleanliness seriously. Anti-viral cleaning products, hand sanitizers everywhere, and daily disinfection in common areas. My room looked spotless, and the rooms sanitized between stays gave me peace of mind. They even had staff trained in safety protocol. I felt mostly safe, but I am going to say something about the CCTV in common areas, I did wish I saw it more.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Greek Feast (with some bumps):

Here's where Unbelievable really shines. The food? Delicious. The breakfast buffet was a spread of wonders. Loads of fresh fruit, pastries, cheeses, and, of course, Greek yogurt. The Western breakfast, the Asian breakfast, are all great and worth trying. They had Asian cuisine in restaurant which was unexpected. I would recommend you try the coffee/tea in restaurant. And seriously, the coffee shop was fantastic.

Now, the bummer… Getting a specific altar meal arrangement could be tricky if you have allergies or other dietary needs. Make sure you double check. The poolside bar was pretty convenient. Happy hour existed and that was great!

Also, and this is a BIG one for me… I was lucky enough to try the Room service [24-hour]! Perfect for a late-night craving.

Ways to Relax: Spa Day Dreams… and Realities

The spa at the Unbelievable Hotel Aris Methoni is almost as good as I thought. Oh the sauna! I loved the steamroom and the spa/sauna. The only thing I didn't enjoy was the body wrap, it wasn't my thing. They also have a pool with view and swimming pool [outdoor], which is so relaxing. They even have an fitness center.

Services and Conveniences: The Good, the Bad, and the "Meh":

The Concierge was super helpful in booking tours and making suggestions. They offer car park [free of charge], which is a HUGE plus. The daily housekeeping was efficient. They provide currency exchange. I also loved the gift/souvenir shop because you can find something. However, the laundry service was a bit pricey. The air conditioning in public area was a life saver.

Things to do and Get Around:

Methoni is a treasure trove of history and beauty. Walk to the castle, eat at the amazing local tavernas, and soak up the sun on the breathtaking beaches. They have a car park [on-site] but if you don't have a car, there is taxi service and Airport transfer.

For the kids:

I didn't have any kids with me but I did notice a bunch of kids facilities and a babysitting service, which is fantastic.

My Absolutely Unbelievable Moment:

Okay, I have to tell you about my experience with the pool. I spent an afternoon there with a book (that reading light in the room was worth it) and it was a slice of paradise. The sun, the crystal-clear water, the view… it was perfection. Until… the wind picked up, and my book went flying into the pool. Now, I'm not a strong swimmer, and the thought of plunging in to retrieve my soggy paperback gave me the absolute shivers. But, without hesitation, a staff member jumped in, retrieved my ruined novel, and even brought me a fresh towel with a massive smile. It was a tiny thing, but it was the epitome of Greek hospitality. That one tiny moment almost makes up for the less-than-perfect soundproofing.

The Verdict: Should You Stay?

Look, Unbelievable Hotel Aris Methoni isn't flawless. It's got some quirks, and the accessibility could be better. But the location, the delicious food, the friendly staff, and those moments of pure Greek bliss… they outweigh the negatives.

Final Score: 4 out of 5 stars. Would absolutely go back… with a pair of earplugs!


Unbelievable Hotel Aris Methoni: Your Dream Greek Getaway Awaits! - Book Now for the Ultimate Peloponnese Experience!

Tired of the ordinary? Craving sunshine, history, and authentic Greek charm? Then look no further than Unbelievable Hotel Aris Methoni! Nestled in the heart of the stunning Peloponnese region, our hotel offers an unforgettable escape, blending luxury with genuine Greek hospitality.

Here's what makes us UNBELIEVABLE:

  • Unrivalled Location: Step outside and you're steps away from the historic Methoni Castle, breathtaking beaches and the sparkling Aegean Sea.
  • Culinary Delights: Indulge in a feast for the senses! From our lavish breakfast buffet to delicious dinners, our restaurants serve up authentic Greek cuisine alongside international favourites using the freshest local ingredients.
  • Relax and Rejuvenate: Unwind at our sparkling outdoor pool, treat yourself to a revitalizing spa treatment (massage, anyone?), or simply soak up the sun on our sun-drenched terrace.
  • Unforgettable Moments: From our friendly staff to the stunning sunsets, we ensure every aspect of your stay is filled with unforgettable memories.
  • Comfort and Convenience: Enjoy free Wi-Fi, air-conditioned rooms, and a range of services designed to make your stay seamless.

Special Offer:

Book your stay at Unbelievable Hotel Aris Methoni and receive:

  • 10% Discount for bookings made before [Date]!
  • Complimentary welcome drink upon arrival!
  • Free upgrade to a room with a sea view (subject to availability)!

**Don't wait, your dream Greek getaway awaits! Click here to book now and experience the magic of the Peloponn

Luxury Ryazan Apartments: Moskovskoe Shosse's Hidden Gem!

Book Now

Hotel Aris Methoni (Messenia) Greece

Hotel Aris Methoni (Messenia) Greece

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's perfectly-formatted travel brochure. This is Hotel Aris, Methoni, Greece, through the eyes (and slightly addled brain) of yours truly. Let's get messy. Let’s get real.

Hotel Aris & Methoni: A Week of Sun, Seafood, and Existential Dread (Just Kidding…Mostly)

(Day 1: Arrival & The Great Olive Oil Debacle)

  • 12:00 PM: Landed in Kalamata. The airport? Tiny. Cute. The baggage claim? Felt like an amateur hour in a game show. Lost my favorite sun hat somewhere along the way, and the jet lag is hitting me like a… well, a really hard, sweaty slap.
  • 1:30 PM: Taxi ride to Hotel Aris. The driver, bless his soul, kept trying to chat me up in rapid-fire Greek. I nodded and smiled, mainly at the pretty olive groves whizzing by. The hotel is… well, it's charming. Think "rustic chic" meets "slightly faded glory." And the view? Holy moly. That Aegean Sea is a masterpiece painted by a very talented (and incredibly blue-loving) artist.
  • 2:30 PM: Check-in. The woman at the desk was friendly, but my room… It’s… compact. Let’s just say there's a very intimate relationship forming between my luggage and the bed.
  • 3:00 PM: Unpacked (sort of). Found a rogue crumb in my suitcase. Panic. More jet lag. Deep breaths.
  • 3:30 PM: Lunch at a taverna down the beach (forgot the name, sorry, too busy staring at the water). Ordered the "local specialty" – some sort of grilled fish. Delicious, but… I'm pretty sure I accidentally swallowed a fish bone. I’m okay though.
  • 4:30 PM: Wandered around Methoni town. The Venetian castle is imposing, the shops selling… stuff. One tiny shop promised the "best olive oil in Greece." I'm a sucker for hyperbole. Bought a bottle. Back at the hotel, I had the urge to try it. I ended up pouring a small amount on my hand and smearing it on my face thinking it might give me a youthful glow; I'm now covered in greasy oil.
  • 6:00 PM: Sunset on the beach. Stunning. Absolutely breathtaking. I think I’ve fallen in love with the world again, or maybe it's the wine. Maybe the oil.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner at the hotel restaurant. The food is… okay. The service? A bit slow, but who cares? I’m on Greek time now, baby!
  • 9:00 PM: Bedtime. Exhausted, happy, and smelling faintly of olives.

(Day 2: The Castle, The Wind, and a Near-Death Experience… with a Sea Urchin)

  • 9:00 AM: Woke up feeling refreshed. The room's still tiny, and my luggage is still plotting its escape, but hey, the sun is shining!
  • 10:00 AM: Explored the Methoni Castle. So cool! So many walls. So many stairs. Spent way too much time imagining myself as a medieval princess (don’t judge me).
  • 11:30 AM: Stood at the very edge of the castle and got blasted by wind. It was great.
  • 12:30 PM: Lunch at a beachside cafe. Tried to order a salad, got a plate of… well, I think it was salad. There were tomatoes. And something green. I think the waiter was confused as much as I was.
  • 2:00 PM: Beach time! The water's crystal clear. Went in for a swim. Then, disaster struck. Stepped on a sea urchin. Screamed. Froze. Panic. Then, I yanked it out and it was over.
  • 3:00 PM: Back at the hotel, nursing my foot.
  • 4:00 PM: Went off to take a nap.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner at a taverna by the harbor: fresh seabass (no bones this time!) and the best damn Greek salad known to humankind. Felt better and ate more.
  • 8:00 PM: Fell out of bed, and passed the hell out.

(Day 3: The Day I Became a Greek Chef (Sort Of))

  • 10:00 AM: Slept in. Bliss. Ate a croissant the size of my head.
  • 11:00 AM: Took a cooking class. The hotel offered a beginner's class to learn some Greek cooking skills. The lady at the front desk had put me on the spot to participate. It was awful. I am not a cook. I felt very out of place.
  • 2:00 PM: Walked around Methoni, searching for the cooking teacher. Ended up finding a bar.
  • 3:00 PM: Fell asleep on the beach again.
  • 6:00 PM: Another sunset. Another moment of pure, unadulterated joy. If this is what life is all about, sign me up.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner at the hotel. More okay food, more slightly-slow service. But the company (myself, the sea, and a good book) was top-notch.
  • 9:00 PM: Started to read my book when I felt like everything was going to fall apart. Closed the book. Went to bed not knowing what was happening.

(Day 4: The Day I Discovered… Sleep)

  • 9:00 AM: Slept through the alarm. This is a pattern.
  • 10:00 AM: Got up. Was ready. Took a walk along the beach.
  • 11:00 AM: Went back to bed.
  • 12:00 PM: Woke up.
  • 1:00 PM: Had lunch.
  • 2:00 PM: Saw some friends.
  • 3:00 PM: Slept again.
  • 5:00 PM: Went out for dinner.
  • 6:00 PM: Ate.
  • 7:00 PM: Talked.
  • 8:00 PM: Bed.
  • 9:00 PM: Slept

(Day 5: A Day Trip to Koroni – Or, The Quest for the Perfect Gelato)

  • 9:00 AM: Hired a car, wanted to go to Koroni. The drive was gorgeous, winding roads, olive groves, the works.
  • 10:30 AM: Arrived in Koroni. Charming town. Lots of little shops, a Venetian castle. The gelato? Legendary.
  • 11:00 AM: Found a little shop. All those colorful scoops! They had like a thousand flavors. I got pistachio and chocolate. Perfection in a cone.
  • 12:00 PM: Explored the castle, and my gelato was dripping down my hands. Did not care.
  • 1:00 PM: Lunch on the harbor. Gorgeous fish, the best gelato, and the sun on my face. Pure bliss.
  • 2:00 PM: Visited the church. I am not a religious person, but it was beautiful. Calm. Peaceful.
  • 3:00 PM: The long drive.
  • 4:00 PM: Arrived back at the hotel.
  • 6:00 PM: Spent the evening at the beach.
  • 7:00 PM: Ate.
  • 8:00 PM: Went to bed.

(Day 6: The Great Olive Oil Tasting (And the Confession)

  • 10:00 AM: Hotel's "authentic" olive oil tasting. Okay, I’ll admit it. I may have gone overboard with that olive oil yesterday. I’m feeling a bit… greasy.
  • 11:00 AM: Tasted the oil. It's good. Very good. But I still prefer the one I bought… back in the shop.
  • 12:00 PM: Spent the afternoon at the beach.
  • 1:00 PM: Fell asleep.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner at a taverna.
  • 7:00 PM: Went to my room, and was feeling uneasy.
  • 8:00 PM: I ended admitting to my problems. The problems of the world.
  • 9:00 PM: Watched the stars.

(Day 7: Departure – With a Hint of Sadness (And a Whole Lot of Olive Oil)

  • 8:00 AM: Woke up, packed what I could. So long, little room. Hope you enjoyed my mess.
  • 9:00 AM: Last breakfast. Said goodbye to the
Ushuaia's Hidden Gem: Patagonia Jarke Hosteria—Unbelievable Views!

Book Now

Hotel Aris Methoni (Messenia) Greece

Hotel Aris Methoni (Messenia) Greece Unbelievable Hotel Aris Methoni: FAQs - Because You NEED to Know (Seriously)

Unbelievable Hotel Aris Methoni: Your Dream Greek Getaway Awaits! ...But Does It? Let's Find Out! (FAQs)

Okay, first things first: Is this place REALLY "unbelievable"? Like, actually? Or is that just marketing fluff?

Alright, brace yourself. "Unbelievable" is a bold claim, isn't it? I walked in expecting a slightly above-average hotel, you know? A nice view, clean sheets, maybe a decent breakfast. What I *got* was…well, it depends on the day, frankly. One day? Unbelievable. Sunshine, the sea breeze, the scent of jasmine… sheer perfection. Another day? The air conditioning decided to take a nap *right* as the sun was baking the room, and the complimentary bottle of wine (a lovely touch, normally!) was conveniently left in a slightly-too-warm corner. So, yeah. Unbelievable. With fluctuations. It's kinda like a Greek god: powerful, beautiful, and prone to the occasional tantrum.

The photos look amazing. Are they…photoshopped? (Be honest.)

Okay, here’s the deal: Those photos are beautiful. Glorious. But let's just say the photographer *knew* the best angles. The reality? The pool *is* as stunning as it looks, especially at sunset. The beach? Yep, it's there, and it’s gorgeous. However… the "charming" narrow alleyways leading up to the hotel? Sometimes they hold a *lot* of parked cars. And the view from *some* rooms? Well, let's just say you might get a better view of the laundry drying on the balcony next door than the endless blue. So, yes. Photoshopped... in the sense of skillfully curated.

What are the rooms *really* like? Are they all the same?

The rooms... ah, the rooms. They're comfortable, mostly. Clean, mostly. But "all the same"? Honey, no. You've got your rooms with balconies that face the sea (worth *every* penny, if you can snag one), and then you've got your rooms that face… the back of the kitchen. (Ask me how I know.) Some have updated bathrooms, some… well, let's just say the grout has seen some *things*. My advice? Request a room with a sea view. And if they tell you they're all booked... offer more money. (Just kidding… mostly.) The trick is to go for the premium options. You *deserve* a good view.

The breakfast buffet… tell me about the breakfast buffet. Is it, like, the *real* deal?

Okay. The breakfast buffet. This is where things start to get… complicated. On a *good* day, the breakfast is a *dream*. Fresh fruit, flaky pastries, local honey, perfectly scrambled eggs…you name it, it's there. The Greek yogurt with the honey and nuts… *chef's kiss*. But on a *bad* day? Well, let’s just say the scrambled eggs might be a little… rubbery. And the coffee? Let's not even go there. The key is to get there early. *Really* early. Before the masses descend and the good stuff gets… well, taken. It's a roll of the dice, honestly. Bring your own coffee. Just in case.

What about the staff? Are they friendly and helpful, or are they just… indifferent?

Ah, the staff. This is the beauty of the place, really. Some are absolute angels. Eleni at the front desk? A gem. She remembered everyone's name and would go out of her way to help. She even saved my bacon (or, well, my *souvlaki*) when I locked myself out of my room. Others… well, let's just say their smiles might be a little…faint. But that's Greece for you, right? There's a certain laid-back charm, a delightful lack of urgency that can be… endearing, or frustrating, depending on your level of caffeine withdrawal. Remember, you're on *island time*. Embrace it. Or, you know, subtly bribe Eleni. She's the key.

How's the location? Is it easy to get around?

Methoni itself? Amazing. The hotel? Pretty darn good. Right on the beach, walking distance to the charming town square (filled with tavernas selling ALL the gyros), close to the beautiful castle… Location-wise, you’re winning. Getting around? Okay, it's not exactly a public transport hub. Renting a car is your best bet if you want to explore beyond Methoni. (Pro tip: book in advance. Seriously.) But honestly, you might not *want* to leave. The beach calls, the sun is shining... why bother? Just settle in, order another Mythos, and embrace the glorious, lazy days.

What about the pool? Is it as good as it looks in the pictures?

The pool. Oh, the pool. Okay, remember that "the photos might be slightly enhanced" thing? Well, the pool *actually* lives up to the hype, possibly *exceeds* it. It's stunning. Sparkling. Crystal clear. The perfect temperature. And the view from the pool? *Chef's Kiss*. Especially at sunset, when the sky explodes with color. I spent an *entire* afternoon – and a significant part of my life – just lounging by that pool, reading a book, sipping something cold, and staring out at the sea. It was pure bliss. Almost worth whatever questionable breakfast experience I had. Just remember to strategically position yourself for prime sunbathing. Towel early, people. Towel early.

Okay, let's talk about the "unbelievable" part AGAIN. Is this place worth the price?

Top Places To Stay

Hotel Aris Methoni (Messenia) Greece

Hotel Aris Methoni (Messenia) Greece

Hotel Aris Methoni (Messenia) Greece

Hotel Aris Methoni (Messenia) Greece