Unbelievable Hotel St. Florian: Frauenau's Hidden Gem!

Hotel St. Florian Frauenau Germany

Hotel St. Florian Frauenau Germany

Unbelievable Hotel St. Florian: Frauenau's Hidden Gem!

Unbelievable? Maybe. Hotel St. Florian: Frauenau's Hidden Gem! - A Hilariously Honest Review!

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from a whirlwind adventure in the Bavarian Forest, and let me tell you, Hotel St. Florian in Frauenau… it's something else. "Unbelievable" might be a stretch, but "charmingly quirky and worth the trip" is a pretty good start. This review? It's gonna be less polished travel brochure, more… well, me. So expect the good, the bad, and the gloriously messy truth.

First Impressions & Accessibility (or Lack Thereof, But Hey!)

Driving up to St. Florian, you immediately get the feeling you're in a real, honest-to-goodness hotel. You know, the ones that haven't been homogenized into a bland franchise. The exterior isn’t some sleek, modern monstrosity. It’s… charmingly… rustic. Think gingerbread house crossed with a Bavarian hunting lodge. Love it or hate it, it sets the tone.

Now, accessibility? Let's be real, it's a work in progress. Facilities for disabled guests? Yes, they say they have them. But navigating some areas with a wheelchair… well, let's just say I saw some serious architectural history. The elevator exists, thank heavens! But the exterior corridor leading to my room was the best thing about my stay, the fresh air and the views!

Rooms - Cozy Nests & Unexpected Surprises

Once inside, my non-smoking room was cozy, smelling of… well, a pleasant, slightly old-world scent, and had all the basics: Air conditioning (thank goodness!), a decent desk, a surprisingly comfy extra-long bed, and a kettle! (A lifesaver for this caffeine-addicted reviewer!). The bathroom? Functional. Not luxurious, but clean and with a hair dryer that didn’t immediately give up the ghost. Bathrobes are a nice touch, and the slippers were appreciated. Wake-up service. Daily housekeeping: A dream come true to have them clean up after the wonderful mess created by my stay.

The internet? Well, that's a whole saga. They have Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!, and while it's there, it wasn't exactly… Olympic-speed. There's also Internet [LAN] but I didn’t touch it, the internet service worked enough, so I didn’t bother. I mean, you’re surrounded by the stunning natural beauty of the Bavarian Forest, who needs to be glued to their phone? (Me. I needed to be glued to my phone for this review.)

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking - A Bavarian Feast (or a Missed Opportunity?)

Restaurants? Yes! Restaurants? Plural! Multiple restaurants! The hotel is proud of its food. The buffet in restaurant was solid, with the usual suspects: a Western breakfast with your typical sausage and eggs, and some options. There was also a coffee shop with an insane amount of coffee and coffee drinks, happy hour, poolside bar so you can grab drinks and food by the pool! The desserts in restaurant were wonderful.

The Spa & Relaxation - Ahhh… Almost

Okay, this is where St. Florian almost wins. The Pool with view (outdoor) is a fantastic way to start your day, it's absolutely stunning, and the other relaxing facilities are wonderful. They also sport: Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor], Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath.

Cleanliness & Safety - Above and Beyond (Mostly)

Post-pandemic, everyone's rightfully obsessed with cleanliness. St. Florian seems to have taken this seriously. Anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, and room sanitization between stays. I appreciated the hand sanitizer readily available. They even have professional-grade sanitizing services! They’ve got the basics covered: fire extinguisher, smoke alarms and CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, and security [24-hour]. I felt safe, even when I was stumbling back to my room after a few too many beers.

Services and Conveniences - A Mixed Bag.

They offer a decent range of Services and conveniences: Audio-visual equipment for special events, business facilities, concierge, daily housekeeping, dry cleaning, elevator, the basics such as facilities for disabled guests, there’s a gift/souvenir shop, luggage storage, and safety deposit boxes. Breakfast in room is available, but I love a good breakfast, so I went for the buffet.

For the Kids - Surprisingly Sorted

Family/child friendly is an understatement! They have Kids facilities, and a Babysitting service, along with Kids meal. The kids loved it!

Getting Around - Park It! (Literally)

Car park [on-site] and Car park [free of charge]. That's all I need to know. Airport transfer is also available.

Things to Do - Outside the Hotel (Unless You're a Spa Fanatic)

Frauenau itself is where the real magic of this hotel exists. Things to do outside the hotel are plentiful!

The Offer - Your Bavarian Escape Awaits!

Okay, so you've gotten the raw, unfiltered truth. Hotel St. Florian isn't perfect, but it's real. It's charming. It's a little bit quirky. And it's a perfect base for exploring the stunning Bavarian Forest.

Here's the deal: If you’re after a polished, cookie-cutter experience, this isn’t it. But if you're looking for a genuine, character-filled stay with a spa that delivers relaxation and a chance to truly escape, you need to book Hotel St. Florian.

Book now and get:

  • Free Wi-Fi (and hopefully it'll be cooperating during your stay!)
  • Complimentary welcome drink (to help you settle in!)
  • Access to the incredible spa facilities (because you deserve it!)
  • A chance to experience the magic of the Bavarian Forest!

Don't wait! Your unconventional Bavarian adventure is calling! Click here to book your stay at Hotel St. Florian today!

Escape to Paradise: Hotel Pine's Magical Skopje Getaway

Book Now

Hotel St. Florian Frauenau Germany

Hotel St. Florian Frauenau Germany

Alright, buckle up, buttercups! Because this isn't your average, sterile travel itinerary. This is ME, hitting the Bavarian woods, crashing at Hotel St. Florian in Frauenau, and probably making a right mess of things. Grab a beer, because you're gonna need it.

Frauenau Fiasco: A "Travel" Diary

Day 1: Arrival and Existential Dread (Mostly Delicious)

  • 14:00: Arrive in Frauenau. Finally! After battling a train that seemed to be perpetually delayed by "unforeseen circumstances" (read: a stubborn cow on the tracks, probably). The air smells… different. Like pine, rain, and maybe a hint of someone’s grandmas's delicious strudel baking in the oven - which is either brilliant or a fever dream.
  • 14:30: Hotel St. Florian. Oh. My. Gods. This place looks like a legit gingerbread house, complete with a tiny, ridiculously cute clock tower. The lady at the reception desk – a woman named Ilse, bless her heart - has eyes that could melt glaciers and a smile that says, "You're finally here, and I’m going to stuff you with sausage". Sold.
  • 15:00: Room check-in. The room is tiny, cozy, and the view from the window is pure, unadulterated forest. I feel like Little Red Riding Hood, except instead of a basket of goodies, I've got a backpack full of questionable snacks and a chronic case of wanderlust. The bathroom, however, is where the imperfections start: the shower is so low I have to crouch to wash my hair and the water pressure is like a reluctant toddler spitting on you.
  • 16:00: Wandering into town. Frauenau. It’s a small town, but it felt huge: a village in the middle of the forest. The local church is enormous and a bit intimidating, the bakery smells amazing and I swear I gained a pound just walking past it.
  • 17:00: First beer! At a local pub, "Zum Grünen Baum." It's where all the locals seem to hang out, and the beer is dark, rich, and tastes like liquid gold. This alone is worth the trip already. I attempt to engage in some basic German with a very patient barman, resulting in a mixture of awkward smiles and me pointing emphatically at the menu. Success! I have a sausage, finally.
  • 18:00: Dinner at Hotel St. Florian restaurant. Schnitzel. I'm not even a huge schnitzel person, but this… this is a religious experience. Soft, juicy, perfectly fried, and served with potatoes that are crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. I think I need a nap immediately after this meal.
  • 20:00: Stargazing. Away from the city lights, the sky is an inky canvas dotted with diamonds. Pure magic. I manage to take a few blurry photos before my phone runs out of battery, of course. My bad.

Day 2: Glass, Gloom, and a Glitch

  • 09:00: Breakfast at the hotel. Oh, the bread! Crusty, warm, and I'm pretty sure it's made by angels. There's a spread of cheeses, meats, and… I'm guessing this is called Quark? It's delicious.
  • 10:00: Glass Museum (Glasmuseum). I'm not usually a museum person, but this place is captivating. The intricate glass sculptures and the history behind them are more interesting than I bargained for. My emotional reaction? I think I'm turning into a glass-loving person.
  • 12:00: Lunch at a local cafe. The food is heavy, filling, and delicious. I'm starting to worry that all the mountain air and hearty food will mean I'll have to buy a whole new wardrobe when I leave.
  • 13:30: Hike in the Bavarian Forest (Bayerischer Wald). I swear I got lost for about ten minutes. Okay, maybe more like thirty. The forest is beautiful, but also kinda creepy in the way only old-growth forests can be. I’m pretty sure I saw a squirrel glare at me. A definite moment of self-doubt started: I'm not sure I'm cut out for the whole "outdoorsy" thing.
  • 15:00: Back at the hotel. I'm exhausted, covered in tiny scratches, and slightly paranoid about woodland creatures. I just want to take another nap.
  • 16:00: The internet here is… patchy. I could actually scream. I'm trying to download a podcast, but I'm fighting the WIFI here. I feel like I'm in a time warp.
  • 18:00: Dinner again, thank heavens. More schnitzel. More deliciousness. I feel so happy I could cry.
  • 20:00: Lights out.

Day 3: The Heart of the Matter (and a Bit of Shopping)

  • 09:00: Breakfast. The same heavenly experience as yesterday, maybe even better. I might need to bring a suitcase just for bread.
  • 10:00: Shopping for Glass. Okay, so I love the glass now, I love it. I went into a tiny shop filled with the most delicate glass and was so easily pleased. I walked off feeling slightly poorer but with a beautiful vase. My emotional reaction? I spent more than I intended to.
  • 12:00: Hiking! I went back to the woods. They are no longer as horrifying as they were yesterday. Okay, it's still terrifying. I have a love-hate relationship I think.
  • 14:00: Lunch! I had a Bratwurst that day too. It was perfect.
  • 15:00: Rest.
  • 17:00: Dinner.

Day 4: Farewell Frauenaur and the world!

  • 09:00: Last breakfast. Seriously, I'm going to miss this breakfast.
  • 10:00: It's time to leave… I don't want to go, I need to stay here forever.
  • 11:00: Check out and wave goodbye to Ilse.

Final Thoughts:

Frauenau, you beautiful, slightly-crazy little town. You've got me hooked. The food, the beer, the forests, the glass, the friendly people… it's been a whirlwind. I’m leaving a slightly heavier, slightly more disheveled, and definitely happier person. I'll be back. And next time, I'm bringing a bigger suitcase.

Unbelievable Bruges Stay: Jacobs Hotel's Hidden Gems Revealed!

Book Now

Hotel St. Florian Frauenau Germany

Hotel St. Florian Frauenau Germany

Unbelievable Hotel St. Florian: Frauenau's Hidden Gem! (Or is it?) - A Messy FAQ

Okay, Seriously, What *Is* This Place? Is it Really a "Hidden Gem"?

Alright, alright, let's get this straight. St. Florian in Frauenau... It's… well, it's an *experience*. "Hidden gem"? Depends. If your idea of "gem" involves a slightly creaky floorboard, an ancient television that probably pre-dates the Berlin Wall, and a level of charm that’s been deliberately and lovingly preserved, then YES. If you're expecting a gleaming, modern resort… honey, keep scrolling. It's quirky, definitely not perfect, and that's kind of the point. It feels like stepping back in time, a good time.

The Rooms... Tell Me About the Rooms! (And Be Honest!)

Oh, the rooms. Where to even *begin*? Okay, so picture this: I booked a "double room with a view." I imagined rolling hills, maybe a babbling brook. What I got? A perfectly adequate room, with a bed that, admittedly, *did* creak delightfully (bonus points!). And the view? Well, it was… the parking lot. But honestly? It was fine. Everything felt well-worn, loved, and *lived in*. Not pristine, but warm. There's a certain *something* there. (Maybe it's the ghosts of previous guests, I don't know!). And the bathroom? Functional. Maybe a little, *ahem*, retro (think: pastel tiles). But CLEAN. And that's what counts, right?

The Food... My Stomach is Growling. What's the Deal with the Restaurant?

The restaurant… yeah. Okay, so listen. The food at St. Florian is *good*. Hearty, traditional Bavarian food. Think sausages, dumplings, schnitzel… all the things your doctor probably tells you to avoid, but your soul *cries* out for. The portions? Generous. So generous, in fact, that I’m pretty sure I ate half my weight in potato salad one night. The service? Again, a little… old school. Don't expect lightning-fast service. Take a breath, order another beer, and *enjoy* the experience. One minor detail: I remember once being so full I could *barely* waddle back to my room. But the food? Worth it. Absolutely worth it. I still dream of that *sauerkraut*. Mmm.

Anything Else About the Food, Because I Feel like I Missed Something.

Okay, the food, the darn food. It wasn't just the Schnitzel and the potato salad that lingers. There was this *apple strudel*. Seriously, the best apple strudel I think I've ever had. Flaky pastry, perfectly spiced apples, a touch of cinnamon… I'm getting chills just thinking about it. And the cream! Oh, the whipped cream. I'm not a huge dessert person in general, but this? This was an experience. I swear I saw a tear well up in the eye of the elderly server - he was clearly proud. I'm getting teary now, writing this. Pure, unadulterated simple pleasure.

What's the Vibe Like? Is It Relaxing? Chaotic? Something Else?

"Relaxing" is probably the operative word, but with a healthy dose of "authenticity." There’s a quiet charm that seeps in, a sense of being away from all the noise… until a herd of tourists bursts through the door. But mostly, you settle in. You read a book. You drink beer. You maybe stumble through some very basic German with the locals. It’s a place to *unplug*. One very important note: Don't expect a vibrant nightlife. Expect a good night of sleep.

Frauenau Itself... Is There Anything to *Do* Besides Eat and Sleep?

Frauenau is… charmingly sleepy. It's not exactly a metropolis, folks. But it’s beautiful. There's stunning glass blowing, of course! You *have* to visit the glass museum -- it's what the town's known for. Plus, the surrounding Bavarian Forest is breathtaking. Hiking trails abound. If you are the adventurous sort, you'll find yourself going to some hidden-away trails. If not, relax, and don't feel pressured to go anywhere. It's lovely just to wander around. One time, I got completely lost in the forest. It was terrifying, but also kind of… exhilarating.

The Staff… Are They Friendly?

Ah, the staff. They *are* friendly. But they're also… let's say, "seasoned." Expect a more traditional German approach – not everyone will be bubbly and overly enthusiastic (though some are!). But they're genuine. They’re helpful. They care. One time, my phone charger died (a crisis of epic proportions, I assure you). I thought I was sunk! One kind woman in the reception dug one up from some random drawer. Saved. My. Trip. Seriously. Legend.

Seriously, What's the *Worst* Thing About the Hotel? Spill the Tea!

Okay, the worst thing. Hmm... Well, the Wi-Fi is, shall we say, *unreliable*. Prepare to disconnect, which, honestly, for a vacation, might be a *good* thing. Sometimes the hot water takes a while to arrive, and one of the more recent improvements was installing a new bathroom door (with an *interesting* lock). But it's not like they have to apologize for this stuff. They embrace it! Everything is just a little… *old*. But honestly, it's part of the charm. If you're looking for faultless modernity, go somewhere else. This place is about character. And that comes with… a few quirks.

Would You Go Back? Be Brutally Honest!

Absolutely. Hands down. Despite the creaky floors, the sometimes-iffy Wi-Fi, and the parking lot view. Because in a world of bland, chain hotels, St. Florian felt… real. It was a slice of authentic Bavarian life, warts and all. I'd go back for the apple strudel alone! It's not perfect, but it's memorable. It's quirky. It's charming. And sometimes, that's exactly what you need. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to polish my German phrases... just in caseWhere To Sleep In

Hotel St. Florian Frauenau Germany

Hotel St. Florian Frauenau Germany

Hotel St. Florian Frauenau Germany

Hotel St. Florian Frauenau Germany