**Oviedo's Hidden Gem: Eurostars Reconquista Hotel Review (You Won't Believe This!)**
Oviedo's Hidden Gem: Eurostars Reconquista Hotel Review (You Won't Believe This!) - A Rambling, Real-Life Account
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I've just clawed my way back from Oviedo and, folks, let me tell you… this Eurostars Reconquista Hotel? It's something else. Forget pristine brochures and carefully curated Instagram feeds. This is the real deal, a messy, honest, and sometimes utterly bizarre dive into a hotel that… well, you'll see.
(SEO Alert!) We’re talking Oviedo hotels, Hotel Eurostars Reconquista reviews, best hotels in Oviedo, accessible hotels Oviedo, spa hotels Oviedo, luxury hotels Oviedo, family-friendly hotels Oviedo, and hotel deals Oviedo. I'm also trying to sneak in a few "historic hotels Oviedo" because, honey, this place oozes history. And, of course, it is Wheelchair accessible.
First Impressions (and the Elevator Saga!)
Rolling up to the Eurostars Reconquista, you’re immediately hit with its grandeur. It’s a beautiful building, all elegant stonework and imposing presence. This isn't some roadside motel, my friends. This is a hotel. Immediately, I check the accessibility, it's one of the things on our list.
Now, the elevator… ah, the elevator. It’s one of those old-school numbers, all brass and slightly… off. I'm not going to lie, my first trip felt like a subplot of a silent film. I had to shout at it to stop at my floor. But it did work. And honestly, I found its quirky charm endearing after a while. (And yes, there is an elevator, a crucial aspect for Accessibility.) It’s a real win in my book, and I loved the elevator.
(SEO - Quick Hit: This hotel is proud to have Facilities for disabled guests.)
Rooms: More Than Just a Place to Crash
Okay, let's talk about the rooms. Mine was spacious and well-appointed, with the air conditioning in full working order -- a definite plus! The Air conditioning was a life-saver. The bed was comfy, the Blackout curtains were a godsend for my vampire-like sleep schedule and the Free Wi-Fi was a welcome relief (also, Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!).
I had all the usual suspects: a Desk, In-room safe box, and a Coffee/tea maker. Nice touches, but what really made me smile was the sheer size of the bathroom. There was even a bathtub -- perfect for soaking after a day of exploring.
(SEO - Shoutout: The hotel offers a range of rooms, including Non-smoking rooms, and in the details, Air conditioning is available in your room. You will find Hair dryer in your room)
(SEO - The room is also available for wheelchair accessibility)
And the view? Well, mine wasn't the best, but I could see Oviedo! And sometimes that's all you need. You'll find Additional toilet, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Carpeting, Closet, Complimentary tea, Desk, Extra long bed, Internet access – wireless, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Window that opens.
The Spa: My Personal Nirvana (and a Sauna Revelation!)
Oh. My. Goodness. The spa. Let's just say I spent a significant amount of time there. This is one of the hotel's major selling points. They boast a proper Spa, with a Sauna, a Steamroom, and a Swimming pool! And let me tell you, after the long journey and all the walking I did, it was pure bliss.
Body scrubs and Body wraps were available. The pressure! I went for a massage, and I'm not going to lie, I almost fell asleep. (In the best way possible, don't get any ideas!)
**(SEO - More Spa Goodness: The hotel offers a *Pool with view*, and *Spa/sauna* facilities. They also offer a gym/fitness center. This puts the hotel in the Spa hotels Oviedo).**
The highlight, though? The sauna. Now, I'm a sauna novice, and I went in thinking, 'Sure, it'll be hot.' But friends, it was… transformative. After the sauna and a cool down, I went for a quick swim in the Swimming pool [outdoor].
(There is a Fitness center, Foot bath and Gym/fitness available.)
Dining: From Breakfast Buffets to Dinner Delights (and One Questionable Dessert)
The dining experience at the Eurostars Reconquista is varied. Let's start with the Breakfast [buffet]. It was what you'd expect: a reasonable selection of pastries, fruits, cereals, and hot dishes. Everything was fresh, and the coffee was plentiful. My only minor complaint? The Breakfast [buffet] can be a bit chaotic during peak times!
**(SEO: The restaurant offers a *Breakfast service* and the option for Breakfast in room and Breakfast takeaway service.)
But the real star was the hotel restaurant. I had a glorious dinner one evening, featuring some local Asturian cuisine. The portions were generous, the service was friendly, and the ambiance was sophisticated. Restaurants offer A la carte in restaurant, Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, and Desserts in restaurant. I even had a Bottle of water with my meal. Everything was perfect… until dessert. Someone recommended something called "Arroz con Leche" (rice pudding). It's local. It was… not my cup of tea. Let's just say it was an experience. But the staff were fantastic, even when I made that face.
**(SEO: The hotel has *Coffee/tea in restaurant* and a Coffee shop, but there is no Poolside bar.)
**(SEO Check: The hotel has a *Room service [24-hour]* and the Snack bar is available.)
Hidden Gems, Minor Annoyances, and Overall Verdict
The Eurostars Reconquista is peppered with hidden gems. A quiet Terrace perfect for reading, friendly staff who genuinely want you to have a good time, the historical architecture. This is where the hotel really stands out.
(SEO - Quick Hits: The hotel has Baby sitting service and it is Family/child friendly.) and Kids meal.
But let's be real, it wasn't perfect. The lift had its moments. The food I mentioned earlier. And sometimes the service -- while always trying -- seemed a bit stretched thin. But it was never enough to ruin my stay.
**(SEO - The hotel has the feature like *Car park [free of charge]*, *Car park [on-site]*. The service includes *Doctor/nurse on call*, *Front desk [24-hour]*, *Laundry service*, *Safe dining setup*, and *Daily disinfection in common areas*.)
The "You Won't Believe This!" Moment (and Why You Should Book
And now, my "You Won't Believe This!" moment. On my last day, I was wandering around, and I stumbled upon… a shrine. Yes, a shrine. Located somewhere. Well, it has a Shrine.
Now, I'm not religious, but it was so unexpected and beautiful. The hotel just sort of blends these amazing, unexpected experiences together!
So, should you book the Eurostars Reconquista? Absolutely. It's not just a hotel; it's an adventure. It's a place where history meets modern comfort, where you can relax in a spa and feast on local food, and where you might just find a hidden shrine.
My Recommendation: If you're looking for a cookie-cutter, perfectly polished experience, this might not be it. But if you crave something authentic, with character, and with a healthy dose of quirky charm, then book it. You won't regret it.
(SEO Bonus: The hotel offers: Air conditioning in public area, Concierge, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Non-smoking rooms, Safety deposit boxes, Smoking area, Valet parking, Wi-Fi for special events, Family/child friendly.)
Book Now! (And Tell Them I Sent You!)
Here's the deal:
- Escape the Ordinary: Ditch

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's itinerary. This is the raw, unfiltered, probably-slightly-hungover experience of my (potentially disastrous) sojourn at the Eurostars Hotel de la Reconquista in Oviedo, Spain. Prepare for a journey punctuated by questionable decisions, questionable tapas, and the unwavering hope that I don't accidentally offend anyone.
Day 1: Arrival, Anxiety, and the Search for the Perfect Tortilla
- 11:00 AM (GMT+1 - The Real Start): Landed in Asturias. Airport's tiny. Good sign. Means less faffing about with luggage carousel shenanigans. Immediately fueled by the necessity of a strong cortado to combat jet lag. Failed spectacularly. Airport coffee: Thin, bitter, the colour of dishwater. My first Spanish disappointment.
- 12:30 PM: Taxi ride to Eurostars. Oh, the hotel. It's… majestic. Like, proper king/queen of the castle, dripping-with-history sort of majestic. Immediately feel woefully underdressed. The doorman gives me a look that suggested I'd just wandered in off the street after a particularly rough night. (Okay, maybe I had just wandered in off a particularly rough night… on a plane.)
- 1:00 PM: Check-in. Blissfully uneventful. Thank. God. Wandering the marble-laden corridors, I can practically feel the ghosts of royalty. Start to slightly panic. Am I worthy? Will I accidentally knock over a priceless antique? (Probably).
- 2:00 PM: Room exploration. Decent size, overlooks a charming courtyard, but… no kettle?! I demand a kettle! My morning tea ritual is sacred. This is a tragedy of Shakespearean proportions. Swear I could have sworn I saw a ghost there, a small one.
- 2:30 PM: Lunch. The hunt for the perfect tortilla begins. Walked into a place that smelled of chorizo and promises. Ordered a plate. It was… okay. (The search continues.) Gave the place a look-over. More of a dive, but good!
- 4:00 PM: Post-lunch slump. Decide a short nap is essential. Wake up an hour later feeling more confused and possibly more jetlagged. Curse the heavens for the lack of a kettle.
- 6:00 PM: Wander around Oviedo's old town. It's beautiful! Narrow streets, colourful buildings, charming squares. I almost got run over by a speeding group of (probably) teenagers on scooters. Nearly bit it.
- 7:30 PM: Tapas tour commences. Start slow. A few croquetas, a glass of local cider (fab!), and a lingering sense of 'oh, I'm going to eat way too much'. Begin the mental list of calories. Abandon list.
- 9:00 PM: Dinner. Found a charming little restaurant. Ordered steak. It was cooked to perfection. Possibly the best steak I've ever eaten. Feel a surge of pure, unadulterated joy. My faith in Spanish cuisine, and the universe, is restored.
- 11:00 PM: Attempt to find a late-night bar. Success! (ish…). Ended up in a dimly lit watering hole full of animated locals. Tried to order a beer. Failed miserably. The bartender simply laughed and handed me a 'cerveza'. Perfect. It's one of the things I love about the Spanish. They don’t care if you’re terrible at the language. They just want you to enjoy yourself.
- 1:00 AM: Back at the hotel. Still no kettle. Resort to raiding the minibar for hot water. This is a new low. Try to sleep, and imagine my tea.
Day 2: Culture, Caves, and Questionable Spanish Lessons
- 9:00 AM: Wake up. (Okay, more like stumble out of bed.) Breakfast at the hotel. The coffee is still tragic, but the rolls are divine. And pastries. So many pastries. I have a problem. Eat way too many pastries.
- 10:00 AM: Visit to the Catedral de Oviedo. It’s imposing, beautiful, and filled with ancient stones. The sheer artistry of the architecture is astounding. Spent an hour wandering around, quietly marveling at its history. Felt a genuine, almost profound, sense of awe.
- 11:00 AM: A bit of a detour to the Museum of Fine Arts. I am not an art expert, by any stretch, but I am very good at faking it. Wandered around, nodding sagely at the paintings, pretending to understand. Actually, some of it was pretty good.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch. Tortilla round two. Found a place that promised authentic Asturian cuisine. This time it was… slightly better? The quest continues. More cider, however. A lot more cider.
- 2:00 PM: Decided to go to the Tito Bustillo Cave. The paintings were ancient. The tour guide spoke too fast. I was still filled with a mixture of wonder and absolute confusion. A moment of near-panic when I realized I might be claustrophobic. Nearly made it out of there without incident.
- 4:00 PM: Spanish lesson. Ordered the lessons. Now. Regret it. Spent an hour contorting my tongue and trying to remember basic grammar. My teacher, bless her heart, looked increasingly bewildered.
- 6:00 PM: More tapas! This time, I know what I'm looking for. Found some seriously amazing chorizo in a local tapas joint. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Attempted conversation with the owner. My Spanish: A disaster. His English: non-existent. We communicated through gestures and the universal language of appreciation for delicious food. It works.
- 8:00 PM: Dinner. This time, I tried a dish I couldn't even pronounce. I don’t know what it was, but it was rich and delicious. Spent a while contemplating the meaning of life.
- 10:00 PM: A stroll through the city. The night air, the twinkling lights, the aroma of roasting chestnuts… Oviedo is magical at night. Feel a sudden and overwhelming urge to sit on a bench and contemplate my existence.
- 11:30 PM: Back at the hotel. The kettle situation remains a crisis. Minibar raid again. Desperate for some hot tea.
Day 3: Departure and Reflections (and the lingering taste of chorizo)
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast. Same tragic coffee, but still, pastries.
- 10:00 AM: Last wander through the city. Found a tiny little shop selling hand-made chocolates. Bought far too many. Figured I deserved them.
- 11:00 AM: Final look at the hotel. Start to feel a twinge of sadness. The grandeur, the history, the (mostly) amazing food. I'm going to miss this place.
- 12:00 PM: Taxi to the airport. Look back at the hotel. Sigh.
- 1:00 PM: Flight home.
- 4:00 PM: Back home, nursing a mild hangover and a suitcase full of chorizo and chocolate. The kettle situation remains a mystery. I'm already planning my return.
Final Thoughts: Oviedo, you beautiful, quirky, slightly chaotic city. You've won me over. The Eurostars Hotel de la Reconquista, you were… an experience. And though I will never forget that kettle crisis, the memories, the food, the history, and the people will stay with me. And the quest for the perfect tortilla? Oh, it’s far from over.
ORS Hotels Abuja: Luxury Redefined in Nigeria's Capital
Eurostars Reconquista Hotel - Oviedo: My unfiltered experience (Spoiler: It's complicated!)
Okay, spill the tea already! Was the Eurostars Reconquista actually, like, a "hidden gem," or is that just clickbait?
Alright, alright, settle down! The "hidden gem" thing? Yeah, a *little* clickbaity. But hear me out. It's not a *shining* gem, more like a rough-cut one. Definitely has potential. Let's just say it's... complicated. My initial reaction? "Wow, fancy!" Followed immediately by, "Wait... is that... *dust*?" More on that later.
Let's talk about the location. Is it actually convenient, or are you trekking across Oviedo to find a decent tapas bar?
The location? *Spot on*. Seriously, this is probably the best thing about the hotel. Right in the heart of Oviedo. Walkable to *everything*. Like, seriously, even my lazy self managed to wander all over the place. The cathedral, the Campoamor theatre... everything's practically on your doorstep. There's a fantastic tapas bar literally across the street, *El Gato Negro*. (Warning: Be prepared to fight for a table!). Seriously, you're golden on the location front. Couldn't fault it.
The rooms! Tell me about the rooms! Were they palatial or prison cells?
Okay, the rooms... ah, the rooms. My room was... well, it was *big*. Like, embarrassingly big. I felt a little lost in there, to be honest. Think high ceilings, ornate décor, and a bed that could probably sleep a small family. The "problem"? It felt a *tiny* bit dated. Not in a charming, historic way, but in a "slightly neglected, could use a good dusting and a modern touch" kind of way. There was a weird lingering smell – like old books and… well, maybe a *little* bit of dust. I couldn't quite place it. I am not a clean freak, but i think i can say, if i go there again, I'll bring some extra disinfecting wipes.
The service. Did they treat you like royalty, or make you feel like you’d crashed a party?
The service varied, let's put it that way. Some staff members were *absolutely charming* - super helpful, friendly, and genuinely seemed to enjoy their jobs. They gave me some great tips on where to eat and what to see. Others? Well... let's just say they weren't exactly overflowing with enthusiasm. One particular encounter at the front desk... I asked a simple question about the Wi-Fi, and the response was a *very* long sigh and a look that could curdle milk. It's a bit of a mixed bag. Kind of what you’d expect from a hotel this size. If you encounter a grumpy person, just shrug and move on. There's probably a nice person behind the next desk.
What about the breakfast? Did they have the *good* coffee?
Breakfast. Okay, breakfast. This is where things get *tricky*. The breakfast buffet was… extensive. Like, seriously, a *vast* array of options. Cured meats galore, pastries, eggs any way you like them, the whole shebang. The problem? The quality was… so-so. The coffee? Well, let's just say after the first cup, I ran out and bought a cappuccino from a cafe down the street. It wasn't *terrible*, but it wasn't the kind of coffee that makes you leap out of bed with joy. And the whole thing was a bit chaotic. Like, people were *everywhere*, bumping into each other at the omelet station. I'm not complaining in itself, but, it could have been a better experience.
Let's talk about the details! Any memorable quirks or frustrations?
Oh, *details*! Okay, here's where it gets interesting. The elevators were… slow. Like, *glacial*. Be prepared to add extra time to your schedule. I'm talking, stand there, impatiently tapping your foot, considering walking up a few floors slow. And the Wi-Fi, as I mentioned, was sometimes a little flaky and slow. But the most memorable thing? The ornate chandeliers. They were everywhere. And I can't deny it, I love them. They were beautiful, but, the dust on them was a *little* hard to ignore. I guess it adds to the historical character. Probably…
So, the big question: Would you recommend the Eurostars Reconquista? Is it worth the hype?
Okay, final verdict. Would I recommend it? *Yes*, with reservations. The location is *unbeatable*. You are paying for the convenience. If you're looking for a luxurious, flawless experience, you might be slightly disappointed. But if you want a centrally located hotel with character (and some imperfections) and a decent price, then yes, I'd say go for it. Just pack some extra wipes. And maybe a portable coffee maker. And don't expect perfection. Embrace the quirks. Think of it as staying in a slightly dusty, grand old dame with a killer address. Trust me, Oviedo itself is so charming that the hotel's shortcomings are *easily* forgiven. Just be prepared, and you'll have a great time!
Okay, let's go deeper on that one experience... The dust. Why is the dust so important?
Alright, alright, you got me. The dust. Look, I'm not usually a clean freak, but... the dust was *everywhere*. On the chandeliers, on the furniture, in the corners of the room. It wasn't just a little bit, it was like... a *patina*. And you know what? It *nagged* at me. It's not that it ruined my trip, but it made me question the level of upkeep. If the dust is that visible, what else is being overlooked? The elevators, the wifi, the breakfast, the service! It all felt somehow connected, like one big symphony of "could do better". And I swear, I thought I sensed it *in the air*. I am sure i am overreacting, but, it made me feel if the hotel was still in good hands.
You mentioned the tapas bar next door. What's the deal with this "El Gato Negro"?
El Gato Negro. Oh, *El Gato Negro*. This place is a *gem*. Seriously, it almost overshadowed the hotel itself. Authentic tapas, buzzing atmosphere, reasonable prices... ExpectSnooze And Stay

