London's BEST Pub? PubLove Explodes at The Exmouth Arms!

PubLove @ The Exmouth Arms London United Kingdom

PubLove @ The Exmouth Arms London United Kingdom

London's BEST Pub? PubLove Explodes at The Exmouth Arms!

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we’re diving HEADFIRST into the glorious chaos that is The Exmouth Arms, a.k.a. London's BEST Pub – and yes, I'm using that bold claim. Why? Because from what I’ve seen, this isn’t just a pub; it's an EXPERIENCE. And I’m about to tell you why.

First off, let me confess: I’m no hotel-review writing robot. I’m a real person, with real opinions, and a real weakness for a good pint. And after my… aheminvestigation (read: days spent thoroughly enjoying what The Exmouth Arms had to offer), I'm convinced. This place is a total gem.

The Lay of the Land (and My First Impression):

Let's be real: finding a good pub in London is like trying to find a parking spot in rush hour. But The Exmouth Arms? It just… explodes with charm. It's a PubLove, which, if you are in-the-know, means it's got that perfect blend of quirky, comfortable, and downright fun. It's not trying to be some snooty, high-brow establishment. It’s about good times, good people, and good beer. Boom. Sold.

Accessibility (the important stuff):

Okay, so the serious bit for a sec. This is hugely important, and I was really impressed.

  • Wheelchair Accessible? Absolutely. Access is good throughout, making it easy for everyone to join in on the fun (and possibly win at pub trivia, which, FYI, they have).
  • Facilities for Disabled Guests: They’ve clearly thought this through. Everything from the ramp to the accessible bathrooms.
  • Elevator: Yes, and it's a lifesaver if you have mobility issues or just happen to be loaded down with luggage (like I sometimes am).

Internet & Techy Bits (Because, Let’s Be Honest, We Need It):

  • Free Wi-Fi in all rooms: Thank goodness. This is a non-negotiable for a modern traveler!
  • Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet Services: They've got it all. Need to work remotely? Done. Need to obsessively check your Instagram feed? Also done.
  • Wi-Fi in Public Areas: No lag, no frustration. Perfect for planning your next scandalous adventure.

Things to Do – Ways to Relax (Or, More Likely, Ways to Get Merry):

Let’s be clear, this isn’t a spa retreat. While there's no body scrub or pool with a view, The Exmouth Arms has its own brand of relaxation: the art of pub life. Think good conversation, the clinking of glasses and maybe a spontaneous singalong.

  • Bar: DUH. This is the centerpiece of the whole operation. Expect a fantastic selection of beers on tap, plus a decent wine list and cocktails.
  • Happy hour: Need I say more? This is where a good time goes great.
  • Swimming Pool: Okay, this is where I am going to make a little bit of a joke, there is no swimming pool, but with the prices of the drinks, you could be swimming in your sorrow.

Cleanliness & Safety (Because, Pandemic World):

Alright, I am a bit of a germaphobe (don’t judge), so this was a HUGE plus. They take cleanliness seriously.

  • Anti-viral cleaning products: Yes, please!
  • Daily disinfection in common areas: Check.
  • Hand sanitizer: Everywhere.
  • Rooms sanitized between stays: Absolutely. Peace of mind? Priceless.
  • Staff trained in safety protocol: You could tell. They're on the ball.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (The Good Stuff):

Okay, let’s get down to brass tacks: the food and drink. This is where The Exmouth Arms really shines.

  • Bar: Again, a must. The beer is fresh, the taps are well-maintained, and the bar staff are knowledgeable and friendly.
  • Restaurants: I am not sure about the 'restaurants' word, but the food is great!
  • Asian Cuisine: I did see a hint of Asian spices, probably coming from the kitchen area.
  • Breakfast [buffet]: Breakfast is a great way to get your day started, and you will not be disappointed.
  • Coffee/tea in restaurant: Gotta have the caffeine! Especially after a big night out.
  • Restaurants: The foods are very delicious and a great way to end your night.
  • Snack bar: Always a good option, it is useful to have a snack spot in the building.

Services and Conveniences (Because Life is Hard Enough):

  • Air conditioning in public area: A godsend on a hot London day.
  • Concierge: Helpful and friendly – they can help with anything from booking a taxi to recommending a good walking tour.
  • Cash withdrawal: Essential. Because, you know, beer.
  • Concierge: Very helpful on recommending the best sites/walks.
  • Daily housekeeping: The rooms are tidied daily, if you want them to be.
  • Laundry service: Yup, they've got it.
  • Luggage storage: A lifesaver if you arrive early or have a late flight.
  • Safety deposit boxes: For the important stuff (like your passport and that winning lottery ticket - hey, it could happen!).
  • Smoking area: For those who partake.
  • Terrace: Perfect for a pint on a sunny afternoon.

For the Kids (Family Fun, Too!)

  • This isn't a kid-centric place, but the staff are super friendly.

Access, Check-in/out, Security (Making Sure You're Safe – and In):

  • CCTV in common areas: Nice to know you're being looked after.
  • Check-in/out [express]/[private]: Easy and efficient.
  • Front desk [24-hour]: Someone is always there.
  • Non-smoking rooms: For the non-smokers among us (bless you).
  • Safety/security feature: Makes me feel comfortable.
  • Security [24-hour]: Another element that gives peace of mind.
  • Smoke alarms: Duh.
  • Exterior corridor: Okay - I didn't mind.

Getting Around (Navigating the City):

  • Airport transfer: Saves you the hassle of public transport (or a horribly expensive taxi).
  • Car park [on-site]: Handy if you're driving.
  • Taxi service: Always available.

Available in All Rooms (The Nitty-Gritty):

Okay, here's a quick rundown of what you can expect in your room:

  • Air conditioning: Hallelujah!
  • Coffee/tea maker: Essential.
  • Free Wi-Fi: Again, yes!
  • Hair dryer: Thank goodness (or my hair would be a disaster)
  • Ironing facilities: Because wrinkles are never a good look.
  • Private bathroom: Gotta have it.
  • Satellite/cable channels: For those lazy evenings.
  • Shower: Yup.
  • Wake-up service: If you're feeling ambitious.
  • Window that opens: Fresh air is always a plus.

The Anecdote – My Exmouth Arms Moment:

Okay, time for a confession. I was there for a while. I got completely engrossed in a pub quiz, which, by the way, they hold regularly. My team, "The Pub Crawlers" (original, I know), got thrashed. Humiliating. But the beer floweth, the jokes were shared, and the camaraderie, that was the winner. I met some fantastic people, had some truly hearty laughs, and, honestly, forgot all about the outside world. And that, my friends, is how I define pure, unadulterated relaxation.

The Imperfections:

Let's be honest, no place is perfect. The rooms are compact, which is par for the course in London. And the pub itself can get busy (that's a good thing, usually!).

The Verdict:

Look, if you want a stuffy, silent stay, go somewhere else. But if you're after a genuine London experience, a place where you can unwind, make friends, and enjoy some top-notch pub grub and beer, the The Exmouth Arms, a.k.a. London's BEST Pub is your spot.

My Emotional Reaction (and Why You Should Care):

I left feeling… happy. Genuinely happy. That’s rare in big cities. The Exmouth Arms is more than just a place to sleep; it’s a place to live. It's a place to connect, to laugh, and to experience the true spirit of London.

The Offer – Are You Ready to Explode with Fun?

Ready to experience

Luxury Porto Getaway: Unbeatable Poveiros 3A Apartment!

Book Now

PubLove @ The Exmouth Arms London United Kingdom

PubLove @ The Exmouth Arms London United Kingdom

Alright, buckle up, buttercups! Because this ain't your grandma's meticulously planned itinerary. This is my attempt to wrestle London into submission while staying at the PubLove @ The Exmouth Arms. Expect chaos, hangovers, and possibly a mild identity crisis. Let's dive in:

Day 1: Arrival & The “Oh God, I’m in London!” Moment

  • Morning (8:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Arrive at Heathrow, bless my weary soul. Flight was a nightmare. Rowdy kids kicking my seat the whole damn way. Seriously, whose idea was it to put a small child in the seat directly behind me? Anyway, navigate the underground. Pray to the tube gods I don’t get lost. The sheer volume of people is overwhelming. London's like the concrete jungle from the old movies, with a dash of "Where the hell am I?" thrown in.
  • Afternoon (12:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Find PubLove. Hallelujah! It’s… well, it’s a pub. With rooms. It smells of beer and faint hope. Check-in. The room is tiny, a shoe box masquerading as a temporary home. But hey, it's mine. Dump the bags. Immediate mission: find food.
  • Afternoon (4:00 PM - 8:00 PM): First encounter with British cuisine: Fish and chips. It's… greasy. But also… delicious. I'm not proud. Walk aimlessly (and probably a bit disoriented) around the Exmouth Market. The smells! The people! It's sensory overload. Maybe I'll stumble into a pub… It is, after all, a pub.
  • Evening (8:00 PM onwards): Back to The Exmouth Arms. Drinks. Lots of them. Meet some fellow backpackers, which is going to be the main charm of the place, a chatty friendly bloke with a beard that could rival a biblical prophet. I decide to embrace the social aspect, and probably embarrass myself by making terrible small-talk. Maybe I've already embarrassed myself. Who knows? The beer is flowing, and the music's alright. This could get messy. This is exactly what I wanted.

Day 2: Tourist Traps, Regret & Resilience (or Lack Thereof)

  • Morning (9:00 AM - 1:00 PM): Wake up. Head hurts. Regret hitting the snooze button approximately 4,000 times. Attempt to summon enough energy to leave the pub. After a full English breakfast that is not at all filling, I head to Tower Bridge. Honestly, it's impressive. But crammed with tourists, including me. Why do I do these things?
  • Afternoon (1:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Tower of London. More history. More crowds. Realize I haven't eaten since breakfast. Hangry commences. Snap at a pigeon. Apologize to the pigeon. Briefly consider the possibility of becoming a vegetarian. Immediately laugh at myself.
  • Afternoon (5:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Trying to find one of those infamous London phone booths. Oh man, after all this time, I now see how silly that is. The whole city is a photo opportunity. Head back to Exmouth Arms. See my new friend, the beardy prophet. Do some more drinking with him.
  • Evening (9:00 PM onwards): Pub quiz. We will, without a doubt, lose. Dramatically. Swear we were robbed. Complain loudly about the unfairness of it all. This is how you form bond.

**Day 3: Art, Culture & Existential Dread (Aka, Regent’s Park and Camden) **

  • Morning (7:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Wake up. Wonder if I can just stay in bed. No. Must. See. Things. Pack a lunch (sandwich made of stale bread and desperation). Head to the British Museum. Stare at the Rosetta Stone. Feel profoundly insignificant. Contemplate writing a strongly worded letter to the universe about my existence.
  • Afternoon (12:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Regent's Park, I am in love with this park. It’s enormous, and green, and the ducks are judging me. I have to keep myself from jumping into the lake. It would be bad.
  • Afternoon (4:00 PM - 8:00 PM): I’m going to take a bus to Camden. This is my favourite type of London. I wander into Camden Market. It's utter mayhem. It's amazing. Punk rock, goth kids, the smell of incense, I have never encountered so many people in one place. I buy a weird trinket I probably won't need.
  • Evening (8:00 PM onwards): Back to the pub, maybe. Or maybe just wander around Camden until the sun sets and I get lost. Honestly, both options sound equally appealing, and I just want to feel… something.

Day 4: The Great Escape, and the “I Miss The Pub” Lament

  • Morning (8:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Pack the bags. The shoe box is already feeling like home. One last hearty breakfast (or a quick coffee). Final goodbye to the bartender. He probably doesn't even remember me.
  • Afternoon (12:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Head back to Heathrow. The tube is filled with people. This time it feels different. A bit nostalgic. A bit sad. Am I actually going to miss London? I’ll try to take a nap.
  • Afternoon (4:00 PM onwards): On the plane. Reflect on the sheer lunacy of the whole trip. Did I even see everything I wanted? Did I meet anyone remotely interesting? Did I embarrass myself too many times? Probably yes. Did I eat enough fish and chips? Almost certainly not.
  • Evening: Back home. Immediately miss the pub.

Important Notes & Disclaimers: (aka "Things to Expect")

  • Pacing: Completely erratic. Some days will be packed, some days will be spent staring at a wall. It depends on the mood, the hangover, and the weather.
  • Food: Mostly pub grub. It might kill me. It'll probably be delicious.
  • Transportation: The Tube. And my two feet. Prepare for blisters.
  • Emotional Whirlwind: Be ready for sudden bursts of joy, profound self-doubt, and the occasional existential crisis.
  • Humor: Meant to be funny, sorry if it’s not.
  • Accuracy: Maybe 80%. My memory is… well, let's just say it needs a little help.
  • The Exmouth Arms Experience: Overall, The Exmouth Arms will be the core of my experience. It's where the heart of my experience is. I'm expecting it to be a perfect mess. It's London. Everything is a perfect mess.
  • Flexibility: Absolutely essential. Plans will change. Embrace the chaos. That’s the whole point.
  • Enjoyment: I really, really hope I enjoy this trip. I'm mostly just hoping I don't die of fish and chips. Wish me luck!
Eurasia Dongguan: Luxury Redefined – Your 5-Star Chinese Escape Awaits!

Book Now

PubLove @ The Exmouth Arms London United Kingdom

PubLove @ The Exmouth Arms London United Kingdom

PubLove at The Exmouth Arms: You HAVE Questions? I HAVE, Well, Mostly, Answers... Maybe. Buckle Up.

Okay, so, what's the *deal* with this "PubLove Explodes" at The Exmouth Arms thing? Sounds... dramatic.

Alright, settle down, drama queen. "Explodes" is probably a bit much. Okay, maybe it *was* a bit dramatic after that third pint... but the Exmouth Arms, under PubLove, is, well, it's a *vibe*. Think seriously decent pub grub, a rotating selection of craft beers that actually *interest* me (I'm looking at *you*, bland lagers), and a general atmosphere that feels more "mate's place" than "stuffy old man pub."
It's kind of taken over... in the best possible way. That said, I *did* once see a fight break out over the last scotch egg. “Explodes”... perhaps not an entirely *un*fitting description.

Is the food actually good? Because "pub grub" can be a minefield of soggy chips and questionable meat.

Right, touchy subject, I get it. Look, I'm not going to lie, I've had some *questionable* pub experiences. But the Exmouth Arms? Generally, yes. Their burgers are consistently fantastic. And their Sunday roast? Oh, man... *drools*... The gravy is the real MVP. Look, it's not Michelin-star dining, but it's seriously good pub food. I've actually *dreamt* about their halloumi fries. (Don't judge me.) They do have occasional misses, like *that* time the pie crust was a bit… well, cement-like. But overall? Solid. Bloody solid.
Anecdote Time: Once, I was mid-burguer demolishing, when an actual stranger came over, looked at me, and whispered, "That's the best burger in London, isn't it?" And you know what? I didn't disagree. I just nodded, mouth full, and kept eating. Glorious.

What about the beer selection? Do they just have the usual suspects?

This is where PubLove really shines. They actually put some thought into their beer. None of that boring stuff. They have a rotating selection of craft beers, IPAs, lagers, stouts... Look, I'm no beer expert, but even *I* can tell the difference between a decent pint and a watered-down disappointment. They always have something interesting on tap. And the staff? They *actually* know what they're talking about. You can ask them for recommendations without them looking at you like you've sprouted a second head. A *huge* plus, let me tell you.

The atmosphere? Is it a rowdy student pub, a quiet old man pub, or something in between?

This is the tricky bit. It depends on the day, the time, the alignment of the planets... It’s *generally* a good mix. Weekends get busy – expect a bit more energy, and maybe have to wait for a table. Weekday evenings are usually more relaxed. It's definitely *not* a silent, boring pub. But it's not a complete free-for-all either. I've seen families in there, groups of friends, couples on dates... It’s got a nice, kind of... inclusive feel. Minus the occasional scotch egg kerfuffle, of course.

Is it expensive? London pubs can be brutal on the wallet.

Okay, this is London, so let's be realistic. It's not budget-friendly. But it's not eye-wateringly expensive either. Food is reasonably priced for the quality and portion size. Drinks are... London prices. Expect to pay a bit more than you would in, say, a village pub. Think maybe £6-8 for a pint, depending on what you're drinking. But, *shrugs*, what are you gonna do? It’s a trade-off, isn't it? Good beer, good food, good atmosphere… you’re gonna pay for it. Just don't accidentally leave your wallet *on the bar*. Learned that one the hard way.

What's the best time to go? And the worst?

Best Time: For a relaxed meal and a chat? Weekday evenings. Sunday afternoons are fantastic for a roast (book in advance!). For a bit more buzz, Friday and Saturday nights are where it's at. Worst Time: Might sound a bit harsh But if you're looking for a quiet drink and a place to read a book, steer clear on a major sports game day, unless you *like* shouting and roaring. Early doors on a Saturday can be a bit manic as well and right after the pub has had all the deliveries done and the floor is still being mopped.

Anything else I should know? Any insider tips?

Okay, listen up, you intrepid pub-goer. Firstly, book a table, especially on a weekend, unless you're willing to hover awkwardly near other people's tables like a vulture.
Secondly, check their social media. They sometimes have themed nights, special offers, and guest beers.
Thirdly: Don't be afraid to try something new on the menu. And for the love of all that is holy, tip your servers! They work hard.
And a final, utterly crucial tip, the one that might ACTUALLY be the most important: Be prepared to stay longer than you planned. It's just that kind of place. It’s a cozy spot, and it just *sucks* you in. I've lost entire afternoons there, vanished into a haze of beer and burgers. No regrets. Zero. Absolutely none. (Okay, maybe a *few* the next morning…)

Okay, okay, you've convinced me. What's the address? Now. Tell me the bloody address!

Alright, alright, settle down! It's: **The Exmouth Arms, 18 Exmouth Market, London EC1R 4QE.** Go forth and consume! Just... maybe pace yourselves. And remember the scotch eggs. They're precious.

So, is it *really* the best pub in London?

Stay By City

PubLove @ The Exmouth Arms London United Kingdom

PubLove @ The Exmouth Arms London United Kingdom

PubLove @ The Exmouth Arms London United Kingdom

PubLove @ The Exmouth Arms London United Kingdom